System requirements changed?

For starters Hello to all the members.I am returning player after a year of absence.So i logged into the game,joined a match and i couldnt even see my character,i had constant lag spikes and shutters and my fps 60-70 that i had before is at 20.Now before you ask i am playing at a laptop.But i am 10 star player,I dont know how that is translated to level.Is there anything changed?Can i fix it somehow,or should i just give up?I used to run this game 60 fps at medium-high graphics and now i cant get to 30 fps even at lowest settings.

sounds like a driver issue. Update to the latest driver, make sure to properly clean out the old one in safe mode with Display Driver Uninstaller before running the installer.

Then make sure if you’ve got an Nvidia card that you do NOT install Nvidia Geforce Experience because in my experience it removes about 20-30 FPS with its absolutely garbage resource hogging.

So do not use “express install”. Make sure to do a custom install, and uncheck the VR drivers and anything else you don’t need.

You probably ONLY need two things: display driver and audio driver.

There have been no major changes to the Overwatch System Requirements.

These standard tips can help resolve most Overwatch FPS drops:

Also here are advanced tips I have written in Overwatch’s Tech Support forum that maximize your FPS performance in the game.

1 Like

You should definitely also be habitually reminding people NOT to install GeForce Experience, as it literally drops FPS by 20-30 just by existing and running as an overlay over your games at all times.

Really? I have tried with both running and uninstalled, I have no difference on my machine (GTX 1070 btw). But it is an option if one is trying to troubleshoot possible issues.