Sym's Hindi ult line replaced with her English one

Some news about “Onwards to Victory” Winged Mercy’s voiceline?

3 Likes

Kinda makes sense too since the Hindi line sounds so powerful and intimidating, I’d much rather have my enemies hearing that than plain ol’ “Reality bends to my will.”

Characters with non-native English voice lines all use their non-English line for the opposing team’s audio, and their English line for their own team. Generally the player hears the same voice line as the enemy team, but that may not be true on all heroes.

There are a few exceptions due to non-English speaking characters with native English speaking voice actors. Reinhardt and Pharah being notable examples). Lucio was one of these cases, but they have (somewhat) recently recorded and added Portuguese voice lines and he now follows the normal rules.

are there any plans to add mccree’s specific ult voice line in van helsing skin ? there was something for him in data mined stuff :smiley:

Sym is totally still a support. They just moved her because she doesn’t heal and people kept complaining. She’s not a dps lol

Nothing at the moment, sorry.

5 Likes

That is the way it works, the change was what Symmetra hears, not her allies or enemies.

11 Likes

No plans to add voice for Soldier-24 from Reaper’s Retribution event? I love his normal voice and as I know you already remade all voicelines for event. Thank you!

3 Likes

Any plans for D.Va to get a “Surf This!” voiceline on Waveracer?

3 Likes

Sad, but thanks for the response!
I hope we would have that voiceline too soon!

1 Like

Rein, Torb, and Bastion to have audible ult sounds for friendlies, they’re just not verbal.

Rein has an audible hammer smack on the ground, Bastion has kind of an engine sputter accompanied by the sound of rolling tank treads, and Torbjörn’s turret has a mechanical transformation sound, like a bunch of gears and springs shifting.

1 Like

Just an inquiry, Mr. Chu, since you seem to be answering a few questions by the players, but do you happen to know if the Noire Widow skin will ever be made cross platform available?

What I mean is, if I already have the skin unlocked for an account on XBox, will the skin ever be made so that it’s connected to my Blizzard account as well? That way I could have the skin on any platform I have the Blizzard account it’s already unlocked on connected to.

I suppose this question is also valid regarding the other “Legacy” skins as well.

One of the main reasons i’m reluctant to buy another copy of Overwatch is that I know my exclusive skins won’t carry over from Xbox to PC, and i’m just wondering if that will ever change.

I’m not in the know about this, was there a suggestion that they were adding a special ult line for this skin?

1 Like

here is your inspiration for doomfist in attitude . add 8055 to doomfist

Winged victory? She previously had “onward to victory” as a rez line. I believe this was removed, if the forums are correct.

1 Like

I wonder why widow never got fixed. She always says the ally line when activating the ult.

Do you think it’s possible for you guys to create an voice ultimate selection where we can choose whether to be in native language or English?

1 Like

Ah, I see. I didn’t notice the change. Thanks for the clarification!

Thanks for the reply, Mr. Chu! I appreciate it.

Of course! I didn’t notice it either until it was pointed out to me. I’m rather sad to see it go. It was far and away my favorite of her lines.