Symmetra's Teleporters Suck! :-P

I really appreciate ya’ll clarifying that for me. I haven’t gotten into actual, competitive, coordinated play so truly did not know. That is awesome!

I guess my only issues, then, are the two still listed.

2 Likes

No prob. Yeah, I only know because I remember seeing videos of it when the devs were teasing the rework. It’s rare to actually see that level of coordination in gameplay. My issue is that without a high levvel of coordination, TP is pretty much the same as pre-buff Shadow Step which was one of the worst abilities in the game. The argument that it would make for broken team play if it was buffed doesn’t hold water because there is no team play in like 80% of games played, at least make it a useful ability for Symmetra herself.

I agree. I don’t believe that making Symmetra’s teleporters more smooth and functional would make much of a dent, really. I don’t want them overpowered, just more usable, really.

It looks pretty decent on PTR (not the best) have you tried the railing break fixes? It can also now be put on surfaces that slant so it can slide down into places making the reach extend further.

Tbh all I want is for TP to place at her feet, and have a very slight reduction in deployment time

1 Like

I’ve never played a PTR before, honestly. Can you summarize what that is, please?

• The PTR fix actually makes this feel much better. Check it out! (Same for Reaper)
  • I wish it were faster but like you assumed, it does seem to be something the devs want. For one, the devs said that they don’t want to buff it to be too fast because it would be used to easily bypass all chokes in the game.
  • I didn’t get to read the original point but I wanted to throw out: Some hero abilities/Torbjorn turret can go through but don’t forget that you can relocate an already placed turret, too!

Small tip!

• Teleporter only has a two second downtime so unless you plan on using it to engage the enemy, keep it open around/behind you for an easy escape when needed. Like a two way Sombra translocator.
  • Teleport above/behind enemies in combat and lob orbs from behind after setting up a few sentries. Often as they turn to deal with you, you can teleport and fire a few more with your team as they are slowed by the turrets.
  • Throw 1-3 sentries down as you open a teleporter and pop out of it with a charged orb. Protect your “babies” with your body and soon they will follow up and deal damage/slow for you as you either charge another orb or use your beam. Be mindful of your positioning, though!
1 Like

Someone has not seen the PTR notes?

I find that the ptr changes make deploying it less clunky which results in the transition from thought to action being faster. Resulting in faster teleporter deployment.

I’m kinda new. My bad. Can you link me the notes?

a change to teleporter in both of these .

That is awesome. When’s that update coming though?

They shouldn’t be destroyed after her death. This is the main point in my mind. Her teleporter is hampered in its purpose if it only lasts as long as one lives. If its purpose is to speed up repositioning after death (which is clearly its most universal function), it shouldn’t be dependent on Symmetra’s own “death”. Her turrets don’t disappear either, and they would be useless if they did. Well, the teleporter certainly is useless, almost no-one uses it, almost no-one can use it (only the few who accidentally die before Symmetra), and certainly not Symmetra herself.

The only way they are commonly used (due to their uselessness) is as some kind of spam to create stuff for the enemy to destroy and to hide to turrets in… The latter doesn’t really make sense, but it’s ludicrously trendy. And it has absolutely nothing to do with teleporters.

Someone may just come out and claim “they are not destroyed after death”, as people like to be contrarian on absolutely everything someone says (unless it’s really, really dumb… then it’s inevitably popular), but I’ve never, never seen my fricking teleporters after dying. Always had to replace them. And no, they weren’t destroyed, because they were always in a place where no-one cares (as they are supposed to be, right in the starting area). Always.

I would like to propose as a request a better graphic to be able to identify the two farcasters (the forward and return) so that you have full confidence with the battlefield with the kid given by the companions.

Forum people these days just throw in the word “clunky” when describing everything they want to get buffed.

I called it “clunky” because it is. Everyone here knows what that is meant to imply. In case you don’t know, here “clunky” is defined.

Also, I am not asking for a buff whatsoever. I pointing out that Symmetra’s teleporters do not function as they should. That is to say that positioning them is too awkward making it near useless in combat. Furthermore, her teleporters take too long to actually deploy once the desired position is located. So, yeah, I’m asking for a fix, not a buff.

Tell me, how often do you see these teleporters used in combat or more generally in anyway?

(EDIT:) And honestly I really wouldn’t mind if the deployment speed stayed the same. That I can understand. But the process of actually setting up these teleporters is whack.

Sym mains have been asking for this for a while.

Changes she needs are:

Bigger interact radius
Faster cast time
Faster deployment

There are some substantial big fixes coming for the TP currently on the PTR.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what folks are saying. I wish someone could post a video of her with her improvements.

Your first point - They fixed this on ptr

It’s actually much worse than shadowstep now… The cast time is much longer, Shadowstep is now only half a second while TP is what 1 or 2 before any one can walk through.

Your also partially invisible now with shadow step and can do it while falling, can’t do that with TP. TP also only has 300hp and takes dmg form both ends equally meaning it’s very easy to burst down before you can even go through it if in combat. Oh and Shadowstep has a range of 35 meters I believe, TP is only 30.

Sad as it is to say the only real use I find for TP most of the time as acting as a shield. Putting it down and letting it block a few shots while you fire back, or possibly put some turrets through.

But honestly some of the biggest examples of how bad TP is for movement is leaving spawn. First off you can’t activate it in the spawn area any more, so you have to walk out. Second even if you get max range out of the TP you only get maybe a 5m head start from the rest of your team who just walked. If they had a lucio your actually slower for that one 30m TP than just running with lucio…

I thought I’d posted this but I guess I haven’t. I went ahead and played PTR. I have to say I think I’m content with how Symmetra’s teleporters work in PTR. I just really am hoping it translates into live.

(Is that what we called non-PRT Overwatch? Live?)