Symmetras Teleporter

So I’ll do this again.

This is currently on PTR. One of the biggest complaints I get from DF players after stopping their punch with TP is that it “shouldn’t” interact this way (despite the fact that he’s never been able to punch through her constructs). It is listed as a hero update and not a bug fix. Which means at least until this point, it has been intentional for this interaction to occur.

The only argument people can give after that point seems to be “its flat on the ground he should go over it.” Generally when blocking his punch, you’re stopping him in the first few frames that the TP comes out, when it is still egg shaped, so no, it’s not just a flat pad on the ground.

Symmetra is already a free kill for Doomfist if he sees her. I’d say he’s more of a hard counter at this point than Pharah is, because you can at least run from Pharah. If Sym is caught out by any of his abilities without an armor pack or immediate assistance/CC, she’s dead. She doesn’t have the mobility to escape and can easily displace her from her TP. Personally, I’d be fine with him not colliding with the turrets, that’s fair (even though it was 2.0s more reliable way of stopping it and was far more difficult to properly do). But the TP has 200hp and a hitbox. Torbs turret has the exact same interaction and nobody bats an eye.

Meanwhile, Brigs Shield Bash can be stopped by: A thrown turret, a turret on the ground, and the TP. If it’s such an issue, why not give Brig the same treatment with her interactions? She hard counters Sym already as well, so might as well make her better at doing that similar to DF.

Meanwhile, Syms TP still has the most frustrating bugs than her kit has ever had. Do you know what it’s like to have your favorite hero reworked entirely into something you enjoy less and be an absolutely buggy mess after previously having 0 bugs? Probably not, considering Sym has been the most heavily reworked hero in the game (watch out Torb players).

It can’t reliably save you from grav because of the multiple times you can place it down and it spawns just out of reach. In fact, the only thing it can seem to reliably do is destroy itself for no particular reason and have your entire team ignore its existence. Rein or Hammond can charge it as its spawning and send it flying. I had a Hammond knock my TP directly into a wall which naturally made it destroy itself.

Let’s also no forget her primary fire. I won’t go into detail about how generally terrible it is because everyone knows. However, it’s hitbox is ridiculous. People have made videos about it, but her beam is nearly impossible to use while utilizing cover, because while your beam may be well in range of the enemy and you see them being hit by it, it does 0 damage as only the animation is going through and not the hitbox. Her orbs can also no reg, as I’ve seen many of my orbs impact a target and do absolutely no damage, leading me to turn away for a split second thinking I’ve killed my target just to get popped in the head by the Hanzo that should’ve died.

I would like someone to explain to me why a heroes hard counter is being buffed to make Sym even more of a free kill for him while half her kit doesn’t function half of the time.