Symmetra's rework on the way

Dont!

sym is not a healer! out of all the things you could do with her you want to turn her into a healer?

she has SO many options, near LIMITLESS you could make her able to build walls and stairs, like you can in fortnite, give her a large menu of millions of structures that can do millions of different things

make her unique, Not just Another healer, it would be wasting all this lore you have

Her becoming a healer is the only way she’ll stay in the support category so I’d take healing any day.

I dont care if she has to get taken out of the Support category…

id rather she be a good character, than yet another healer

2 Likes

Actually, another healer to fill up the supports new slot would be optimal, imho.

According to the article - the 2 original options were
Either make her a healer, or move her to defense.

The other article confirmed which of the two paths they finalized on. Which means they considered the idea of making her a healer and dropped the idea.

1 Like

I feel that symmetra is too arrogant to heal someone. I want her as defense.

She’d accidentally fry the circuits of friendly genji cause of PTSD if one came to close to ask for healing. (Why isnt friendly fire enabled yet… i need it for… reasons)

Geoff just made it official again, here was his reply 20 minutes ago,

2 Likes

Then they should move her out of the support category.

Which is what they’re doing.

Now I just want her to to have a special zen/bastion line while capping a rez “I see turning it off and on again didn’t work”

1 Like

Rip utility support.
Seems like they’re sticking with the whole “supports must be healers” mentality then.

Literally every other support has a form of constantly healing in their kit, so Sym has definitely been the odd one out for a long time. Symmetra was more or less on par with Torbjorn in terms of how much she supported her team, who is a defense hero.

So then where does that leave Sombra? Her kit is based more around helping her team than killing isolated players.
By moving Sym to defense, Blizzard are basically saying that supports need to heal which isn’t necessarily true.

Sombra is offense, hence why Blizzard has been changing her kit to reflect that more (i.e more consistent damage, able to escape more easily, less emphasis on healing with healthpacks).

She “helps” her team but so do a lot of other heroes in this game. Torbjorn more or less helped his team just as much if not more than Sym did yet he’s not a support.

But Sombra’s kit is still based around utility for the team rather than solo kills. Her mobility remained pretty much the same and the spread just means she can compete with a hacked target 1 on 1. Considering you have Tracer, Reaper and Cree all in attack Sombra doesn’t really fit in much with them.

Supports are supports because they sustain the team.
Which makes Sombra fits more for Offense, since her “support” trait is really more about disrupting the enemy team rather than sustaining your own team.

Supports are based around helping the team survive and win fights through stats changes and other subtle methods as opposed to tanks who cc everything and outlive damage, hence Lucio’s speed boost and Zen’s discord. Sombra just doesn’t have the potential to mop up her own kills like the other offense/defense heroes and even the tanks can deal more.

She fits more closely into a utility support category than an offense role and not just because of health packs.

I don’t care what Symm becomes as long as it’s less passive than her current play style. What she really needs IMO is a redesigned gun that can actually do some work in an FPS.

I think the main problem is they accepted the hero design puts her in an awkward place.

She is a bad DPS because she can die too easily and lacks the ability to defend her self. She is only a support Hero if she uses her ultimate, and she is a horrifically bad tank.

Which means the compositions she can be in effectively are mostly a random mish mash, where she takes up the 3rd DPS slot.

Nah, her job in the end is still to deal damage and rack up the number of bodies lying on the floor, hence offense. The change they made on hacking health packs no longer gives her ult charge solidifies that fact, since now you’re required to play even more offensively.

I mean, just watch Fitzy. The majority of what he does is either shooting squishies to kill them or disrupting tanks by hacking and shooting at them.

She has a utility support as a function, yes, but in the end the way she’s supposed to be played makes her fit the Offense role the most.