Symmetra the healer in the lore?

lately there are a lot of rumors about making Symmetra a healer. but I would like to analyze this from a lore point: is it correct that it is so?

I refer to the analysis of her comic, where you can see a Symmetra full of resources, but unable to relieve a wound to a girl. he would do it if she could, but her means, her good business intentions and her talent are not enough to help that girl. this remorse is the key to Symmetra’s character design that prevents us from cataloging she as a villain.

but if we make her a healer … maybe the consistency of her story changes too? we risk rewriting that resentment if we make She a healer. I do not deny that Symmetra could still be an excellent support or dps if analyzed to the maximum (as happens with Moira now) but are we at risk of going against her lore in making she capable of healing?

We’ve never seen Lucio do any healing in the lore - in the Hero of Numbani novel he fights with his sonic amplifier and does use sound barrier, but his healing is never mentioned.

If Symmetra became a healer, it would have no basis in the lore. Her story would not need to change.

6 Likes