Symmetra’s beam feels really good

I can’t really tell because there’s nothing in the patch notes but Sym’s beam feels really nice to use now.

I dunno. I thought it was just joy from using her Figure Skater skin but I think her hitbox is bigger. Been testing it in the Training Room.

Can anyone confirm? So much for me not making a post until after Christmas.

1 Like

Yes it feels much better with this patch! Glad someone else noticed

1 Like

Are they secretly buffing sym? lol

1 Like

I’ll have to check this out asap.

Well I did just get 4 golds with Sym while messing around in QP.

It felt better than before.

Oh crap it actually does feel different

The beam size is the same.

HOWEVER, the beam now becomes brighter when it is charging up, which makes it look nicer.

1 Like

Are you sure that’s all?

I feel like its charging up alot faster, and its actually easier to aim with

Holy moly they slightly increased the width of the beam, the length is the same, and it does feel a bit faster. They snuck a present under the Sym christmas tree mah peeps

3 Likes

The beam always had a large hitbox. I tested it out first thing when Symmetra got reworked on the PTR. It’s the same as always.

I think because there was no indication that the beam’s charging up before, you didn’t notice how large the hitbox was.

2 Likes

I can’t tell just by looking at it but this is a big improvement and i’m very happy.

What’s next? A golden glove?!

3 Likes

im HYPEEEE OMG

1 Like

You think they fixed the tickrate?

I don’t know but it feels very responsive.

I’m not sure but with this fix the tickrate should be more manageable now.

1 Like

Need to test it against armour

That probably the most likely scenario. Biggest problem originally was the ridiculous tick rate.

If they reduced it - performs much better.

1 Like

So where I had my original circle was at 48 center gap it’s now at a 70ish size for those interested, as a result, tickrate will be reliable because now we don’t have to hyper focus.

2 Likes

Ok I’ve been able to get full charge off of 200hp heroes so something has definitely changed LOL

2 Likes