Symmetra Rework Update?

I’m very excited for the coming Symmetra rework. The proposed changes sound amazing… It would be cool to get some type of visual so we can get a better sense of what the changes are. I know Geoff said no eta, but just a little update would be nice!

30 Likes

I don’t really have visuals to show you sadly, but we’re very much in progress working on her still. There have been a few changes to her as we’ve been play testing her since I last posted.

Firstly, her turrets are still projectiles, but they are now able to be destroyed while in the air. This makes it harder to throw them directly at people in a fight to force them to turn around to kill it. Now you have to be a little more sneaky where you throw them or just pre-place them.

Secondly, her teleporter ability now requires a button input to trigger, but the teleporter works both directions. This means you can do new tricks like tossing it into an enemy Zarya ult from far away and pull your team out to safety. We’ve also seen interesting strats where a Symm can baby-sit a friendly Ana/Zen and place a TP if they get jumped on, giving a mobility out to heroes that don’t typically have that option. There is a small cooldown before you can take the teleporter once you’ve used it, so you can’t just spam back and forth instantly.

Those are the biggest changes since last post, but there have been many small numbers tweaks to get her in shape. Hopefully we’ll have something reasonably soon for you guys to see/play!

211 Likes

:eyes:

Also,

this means that we have a new counter for the Graviton + Dragonstrike combo.

75 Likes

Great, I was hoping the TP would be two way. Thank you for the update.

21 Likes

Devs are awake! Devs are awake!

3 Likes

Can’t wait! The changes sound amazing!

2 Likes

Two-way teleporter!? A counter to Zarya’s ult?! SYMMETRA OP!

HOLY HELL LADIES AND GENTLEMAN MYNAMEISSTYLOSANDTHISISUNITLOSTTODAY-

56 Likes

Rework hype intensifies!!!

5 Likes

Yep, Stylosa is editing his video as we speak.

23 Likes

I AM SO HYPED FOR THIS REWORK don’t kill her off like you did with sombra/mercy

6 Likes

How are you guys feeling about the overall balance of Overwatch at the moment Geoff?

Really? Destroyed mid-air? Rip the dream. lol.

5 Likes

Have you guys started on animations and visuals yet tho?

Do they target people while in flight? or do they need to arm themselves first?

4 Likes

I wonder if the guy even sleeps. It’s 3am here in the uk

the Blizzard HQ is in California it’s almost 8 pm there rn

1 Like

Is Photon Barrier still her ult?

I ask because giving Shield HP was kinda Sym’s thing, and I’d be sad to see it gone.

2 Likes

But Stylosa doesn’t live in Blizzard hq lol

1 Like

Thank god they saw it coming.

(by ‘‘it’’ I mean people trolling to hell and back with a teleporter that automatically teleporters you.)

4 Likes

nope, her ult now is a barrier that extends across the map and has 5000 hp

1 Like