Symmetra Rework: Defense or Support?

You can target the exit up to 25m away. The entrance spawns infront of you.

symmetra just got her unique voice lines for her dragon skins (including her sheild well) so those to be suddenly removed when they were just added sucks

Wait wait wait. It spans entire maps? Like, through walls and stuff?

I’m telling you right now, you better give her a badass ult callout line for that.

11 Likes

Imagine if they make Junkrat say this randomly if there is a Symmetra on the enemy team.

2 Likes

He said the “exit” can be build some distance away from her and the “entrance” is built at her feet. So like Reaper to some extent yes.

Balance > voicelines

6 Likes

why can’t shield generator be a second ult option for symmetra? like what you were doing before

3 Likes

“Welcome to my reality” is what I want.

16 Likes

Wait, wait wait… Guys if ults can go through… what if projectiles can go threw? Phara/Junk rockets/bombs? that would be really cool for field manipulation.

4 Likes

Looks pretty nice, instead of removing it, shield generator could get some buff to make it more useful and not just a distraction to enemy team in some cases, like, increase the team’s barriers in range making Reinhardt’s barrier have like 2400 health for example.

1 Like

So new Sym will Kiinda be like the Robo Engineer in Global Agenda? Beacon carriers are back!

HOLY CRAP DAT REWORK!

I cannot wait to test this out on the PTR! :astonished:

5 Likes

“This is my reality. You have no place in it”

3 Likes

You have served me well…
Goodbye, my beloved shield gen :heart:

9 Likes

Well, they’ll probably recycle her Hindi (?) line she already says when deploying the barrier, but “Photon Barrier deployed” just isn’t going to cut it on the friendly side of things, you know?

Also, I forgot to mention this, but she also needs a bigger, more sweeping hand gesture for deploying it. Not her current quick finger pinch thing.

1 Like

Geoff, is the concept of a utility only support dead?

For her Dragon skin, she can say “(Evil Laugh) Welcome to my Dimension”.

3 Likes

Mercy 2.0 all over again.

3 Likes

Can Sombra delete Symmetra’s ultimate with EMP? Or is it something else that isn’t a shield?

4 Likes

These changes sound fun, that primary change just worries me.

I’m also curious if putting shield hp back into her ultimate similar to Lucio or Brigitte would be more engaging. It was, at least to me, a defining characteristic.

1 Like