Symmetra Rework: Defense or Support?

Yeah this one concerns me a little.
The fact that her orbs go through barriers is one of the most useful attributes of them. She NEEDS that ability

2 Likes

Just adding my voice here. Please do not remove the Lock On feature of Symmetra.

11 Likes

Goodman stopped replying :frowning_face:

Yeah, I saw that too. :frowning:

Yall scarred him off with all the complaints about having to aim and such. (Not you specifically, most made this comment in jest)

1 Like

Any estimated time on when this will go on the PTR?

I guess at this point I probably should have just posted everything at the same time since everything always makes more sense in context so ill just post whats remaining at this point.

Her teleporter is moving to her E ability and the Photon Barrier is moving to her ult, but these have massive changes as well.

The teleporter now works as follows: You place the exit like you normally do, except that you can place it up to 25 meters away, instead of only right in front of you. When you place the exit, the entrance automatically gets built right in front of you instead of at your spawn. It lasts only a short time but allies can use it freely as they normally do, but there are some new things that can teleport as well. We’re experimenting with what works and what doesn’t but currently you can teleport things such as Torbjorn turrets, D.Va’s exploding mech, Junkrat tire, etc. This has lead to some sneaky/fun plays that are really unique to her. It also allows you to get onto high ground on offense with a comp that might otherwise have trouble doing so. The health has been lowered to 300 and the entrance is now attackable as well. If either die, the other is destroyed as well.

Her Photon Barrier has moved to her ultimate and is now very different as well. Instead of placing a moving barrier, she places a static barrier wall that effectively is infinite in size and has 5000 health. She places this wall much like Mei places her Ice Wall, which means you can place it at some range and you can also change the orientation.

This is all fairly early still and we’ve only recently started working on the visuals/animations/sounds etc, so its still a little ways out. I don’t have an ETA on when you guys will get a chance to see and/or play with this but hopefully it wont take too long.

96 Likes

TBH he’s probably getting his response proofread or something

2 Likes

EDIT: Nevermind, Geoff is still here.

Also holy crap that ultimate. Super Rein barrier of the GODS. Pharahs can now suck it!

6 Likes

Thanks Mr. Goodman. :smiley:

1 Like

In which direction infinite?

6 Likes

Also POGGERS, high ground advantage for dive gonna die?

5 Likes

The days of being microwaved around corners are finally over.

15 Likes

I’m assuming she’s not going to be able to give shields anymore then. If that’s true, I hope the idea will return in the future.

3 Likes

From a lowly gold player that has always wanted a build character that was viable(A character that rewards understanding how enemies position/map manipulation, and using it to your advantage.) I think this sounds great.

2 Likes

Please Geoff, make hard-light bridges a reality <3
(page 6 on A Better World Comic)

5 Likes

O___________O WHAAAAAAT???

that’s crazy awesome

7 Likes

Probably on a new hero. But they have to be careful about them because Tracer and Genji get out of hand quick with even a little extra health. Especially self-regenerating health.

1 Like

Look further up the post mate.

You guys are brilliantly creative.
I can see this being really useful on attack even which is great.

11 Likes