Symmetra ptr nerfs?

Oh yay, the devs said that she does 195 damage

I was worried about the people that kept quoting 180 despite all the videos and posts stating otherwise. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, that .17 seconds is only if you begin to charge on the target. If your’e already charge 3, then thats 24 less dps in general, or if the tank is being healed on top of that… Which happens all the time.

I just don’t understand why she had to be nerfed. Also how are y’all going to see if this affects an already dead hero?

8 Likes

I KNEW I WASN’T CRAZY!

Man, and here I was thinking I had lost my mind lol

1 Like

Because there was never any official patch notes on it.

4 Likes

I hope you guys realize you never officially stated anywhere other than here that her damage intervals were 65/130/195

6 Likes

The primary fire damage rate has been at this value since her rework.
I just checked the rework forum post though and it does have the incorrect 60/120/180 values. Sorry we didn’t catch that!

42 Likes

Why didnt you buff Symmetra with all of the other DPS? I really want to know.

4 Likes

In that .17s, enemy Rein could charge ult. :joy:

2 Likes

Wow lol

2 Likes

Yeah, there really should have been.

I was mostly referring to many conversations I’ve seen though where someone went out of their way to explain Symmetra’s true damage numbers only to be met with retorts stating that they “refuse to accept any other number as being true until the devs make an official statement”.

There are a ton of information that could be displayed better so I can understand some people feeling lost but I’ve seen arguments that didn’t need to happen spiral out of control, haha.

4 Likes

I really appreciate you for taking the time to tell us these things. I hope you can root for some Symmetra buffs when y’all talk about the next balance patch. cough Teleporter buffs cough longer range on beam cough

5 Likes

Can you comment as to why Symmetra wasn’t on the teams radar this time for adjustments?

8 Likes

Losing 24 DPS at max charge is kinda a big deal though as she already needs to fight at pretty close ranges to get that charge let alone maintain it. This shifts the power even more in favor of tanks which is where her beam should shine considering the whole charging on shields mechanic.

15 Likes

I’m going to assume the Devs think she’s fine where she is or are currently working on her. I wish they would tell us which so we don’t need to speculate so much.

5 Likes

So you guys didnt read what we talk here before this patch then, because every single time we talk about her beam we bring those incorrect numbers you guys gave us.

6 Likes

Thanks for looking into it – another question about something posted before.

Geoff said originally that the max damage was 195 in his post in April. He also stated that her orbs would move at 30 m/s but currently, they are only 20 m/s.

Was there a reason for this? Is 30 m/s too fast for her orbs in your team’s mind? A projectile speed boost is pretty much the buff I am looking forward to the most so any insight would be great!

2 Likes

All I am going to ask how many swords are going to be put through Symmetra until they’re removed? She isn’t a healthy hero compared to others outside of turret support. She isn’t overall appealing and the only heroes that shares that statistic fate is Torbjorn and Bastion.

1 Like

I’m sure the team knows this, but 170ms is not insignificant, and the lack of an appreciable difference would say something about the state of Sym’s balance.

Lol, something is rotten in the state of Denmar… errr Blizzard HQ. The worst hero in the game and you are going to “wait and see” if a nerf is significant.

12 Likes

Guys let’s please not hassle the messenger here. This is the first time in a while we’re actually getting responses RE: Sym. Don’t scare them off.

13 Likes