Symmetra is NOT a healer

I am fine with her being a support as long as she can do the same job as other healers can. I don´t care if it will be healing or shield based hp, but I have enough of games, where my other support is Zen, who puts his orb on a single person and that´s it. I am tired of being solo heal in 2-2-2.

Its the same thing with Sombra, a DPS that can compete with other DPS AND provide utility is just a superior DPS, so they nerf their kill potential, and whats left is a DPS unable to kill something, so its never chosen. Same reason that Symmetra never worked as a support originally. Without healing she was useless.

She could just make her a DPS with good killing potential and thats it, right? Thats what a i get from your reply lol

It’s more of give her extra utility to make her better

Then what’s the point?
Original Sym didn’t and that didn’t work.

Well original sym worked better than current sym

I’d say she didn’t because you were always down one healer. She was pretty much a 3rd DPS with lock on

Just look at the stats man sym 2.0 outperform sym 3.0 while also out picking her

Even her first iteration had similar stats

The only one healer wasn’t a problem because the utility sym 2.0 provided outperformed sym 3.0

I don’t think a Sym that can’t heal would really fit in the game 4 years after.
The game is to dependent on healing to leave it solely to mercy.

We’ve seen that healing is too important to this game. I’m definitely on the make her heal side

That’s actually a pretty good assessment mercy was broken at the end years of 2.0. But the thing I would like to adress is how the characters recently added are actually beneficial to her old self brig obviously because pierce would be devastating to her. Sigma also for pierce. And Orissa because she can’t dodge while shooting.

I really think sym would have had a place with her old ki

And genji with an extra 75 ho would be broken

As a DPS it sounds by how you put it.
Like most of the value she would bring comes from damage while in a support role.

It would be a waste having her in the support slot if most of her value is coming from her piercing orbs and damage

Actually I think if anything sym 2.0 was a cross between a tank and a support

Nothing in her kit promoted her going out and securing picks it was much more about controlling space and protecting ally supports

I’ll have to respectfully disagree.

Maybe, but than she would truely lose all her identity if she lost all her utility, aka her turrets, teleporter, and shields.

I’m just saying any dps character could easily outdamage her which is my main point. Her gun used to be clearly a support/tank gun

Dps are needed to get kills

Tanks to control space

So because sym wasn’t able to reliably secure kills but able to make space she had more of a support/tank gun

I do respect your opinion though at certain ranks sym could definitely switch into the role of a dps. I just don’t believe that’s the role the devs intended and the most effective role

Like Brig with armour? But instead of armour, it’s shields? That sounds really cool and unique :slight_smile:

This is 100% a lie, totally false and incorrect.

That short week were Sym was actually meta was back in double shield before the infinite tp nerf, thats when Symmetras pickrate was higher than ever, she even made it into the top 5 dps

Sym 3.0 was Syms most picked version.

Problem is a support who does not heal is totally pointless and unplayable. That was the case when she actually was a support, when the reworked her and when they moved her to dps. It’s still the case and I see no indication that will or ever should change.

Now I agree her identity is that of a support, it’s what she was built for. Problem was she sucked and all the dev’s efforts (and they did try a lot, she is the most reworked and changed hero) failed to make that work as its a bad identity to have.

That’s why Sym has problems, her identity was a failure and in order to improve and be viable her identity had to change, which is difficult process even if her players supported it which they haven’t.

1 Like

Yeah I totally agree with you with that myself loved sym 3.0 at least before infinite tp nerf. It’s just the devs clearly didn’t want sym to be in that spot which is what I think is such a shame.

And just to let you know I don’t ever want a revert. I think the best would be to add sanjay with 2.0s kit but nerfs to hitbox size and shield gen duration. I believe sym 3.0 is a good character that shouldn’t be removed from the game

The only problem is with the garbage state the devs left 3.0 in. currently She has a much worse winrate and pickrate than 2.0. I wish the devs would help 3.0. It just doesn’t follow their goal of making her less niche at all

I just wish they kept that one week until sigmas learned their character

I actually created a rework idea that incorporated this!

1 Like