Symmetra is Jeff's top played character?

i’m pretty sure he said he started playing genji a bit more after playing him in retribution
not him being his go to dps
i might be wrong

He can say whatever he wants and there is no way you can prove it.

this would be severely overpowered

1 Like

Can you show evidence that 3.0 is surperior to 2.0?

I mean you guys act like Jeff requires things he played to be overpowered. If anything, this sort of shows that he does not really push for his favorite characters to be too strong at all and confirms that in regards to balance Jeff is more the macro guy and Geoff, the guy in charge of balance, is the micro guy.

Statistically, when Symmetra 3.0 was actually balanced during the Double Sield META, she would simply put 2.0’s stats to shame. Additionally, even at her current, blatantly numerically underpowered state, Symmetra 3.0 has had a higher pick rate than 2.0 for example during March (0.9 - 1% VS 0.8%).

And all of the above don’t even touch upon other aspects, such as the fact that the latest rework mostly solved a lot of 2.0’s older problems, such as her situational nature, how utterly frustrating it was to fight her, along with the "low skill = high reward’ mess she was as well.

she actually wasn’t. her individual balance got nerfed then due to infinite tp nerf effectively reverting her 3.0 rework. her prevalence in double shield meta wasn’t due to “her power” but rather how most of her competition got invalidated and how much double shield enabled w+m1.

before double shield sym3.0’s gameplay wasn’t so focused on w+m1 and rather get-in-get-out with her more frequent tps and it was the optimal way to play her (still kinda the case now, just a much lower maximum compared to before). now that that’s nerfed, all she has left was w+m1 with an extremely situational weapon that her kit doesn’t support hence why since the sigma patch she technically was underpowered.

Agreed. The TP nerf was absolutely a horrible change, but at the very least I still stand by the claim that Symmetra 3.0 was as balanced as she has ever been after her rework during the Double Shield META…

I still disagree. sym3.0 before infinite tp technically was underperforming across various metas and for over a year. we both agree that infinite tp is a nerf from that balance point, so I can’t agree how a large step down from an already underpowered balance reference point leads to " as balanced as she has ever been after her rework during the Double Shield META" when evidently the balance reference point I referred to is much more balanced than her state in double shield and now.

1 Like

I think Jeff might be the game director, but he does not decide alone what to do with heroes. If I remember right, he already played and loved Symmetra in 2.0.

When? Source?

Last time I heard he was ranked Platinum too, and Sym in Plat is a freebie with how people down there are so oblivious to their surroundings that they’ll ignore the Reaper behind them even though he’s been called out in chat. Whole Sym situation is one of the biggest yikes I’ve seen in most games next to League’s Karma and how she’s got something similar going for her.

Oh, dear, you’re telling me he’s just figuring that out?

No wonder Symmetra’s been even since the change. I thought that was just a coincidence :unamused:

You know, just a random, and sudden, change in the weather round here, y’know :sun_with_face::snowflake:

Though I suppose that TP change had nothing to do with it… :neutral_face:

1 Like

Not everyone feels the same way.

There is an ocean full of water. Why are you thirsty?

Who on earth believes that symmetra now was better than symmetra during the shield meta. She was powerful during shield meta with the ability to actually have her gun charged up. Now that thats gone she is in the worst position then ever, she can’t get in and out with her tp to do poke damage. She can’t go up to the enemy to charge the gun, all she can do is fire her alt which keep in mind that it doesn’t pierce barriers anymore. So it’s basically a worst version of pharah’s gun or zarya’s alt

1 Like

It’s weird that that’s the case. I’m not sure I’d say she’s in a horrible spot, but after a ton of reworks and changes she’s still almost entirely a cheese pick.

1 Like

Overwatch Support Changes Buffs and Nerfs Soon! plus Smurf Issues, New Skin Hint, and more! - YouTube timestamp 4:34. States that theres nothing in works for symmetra right now

1 Like

Because the ocean water makes you even more thirsty with all that salt, both metaphorically and literally.

I don’t think it was a downgrade from 2.0 at the start, but it certainly was after nerfs
Just revert the nerfs and she’ll be fine. Tp doesn’t need to be infinite, and maybe could use a range buff to 30m who knows

The thing is, it made their goal of make sym viable on offense, it certainly did, but the many nerfs she didn’t need made her worse and nishe

1 Like

In the discord Q&A Jeff said his most played DPS character is Symmetra