Symmetra is finally in a good place

That would just make .1-second charge orb spam obligatory.

RIP any form of Attack Sym.

OMG yes! SLAY THEM ALLLLL!

This. So much this. 2 seconds is too long to set up her Teleporter. By that time, you’re either dead or about to be. 1.35s deployment would be fair. This is all the change she needs and she’ll be solid, although I would still prefer she also has 100 health and 150 shield.

1 Like

I always have a feeling the TP range is too small. By a small amount, but still.

2 Likes

The max range on it is also reduced when trying to get to high ground. Fixing this would be a nice QoL Change.

To each their own. In situations where I can use the primary it felt amazing. I really really want them to get on fixing the teleporter. I started a joke on my channel “Can we get an F for symmetra?” I say that everytime the tp doesnt go where I intend to/ not being able to interact with it.

1 Like

She’s definitely better but she still could use a shield passive or more health and some tp deployment buffs

1 Like

Not really…

Just give her 250 hp to account for the inconsistency and slowness of her design

Sym still needs to have survivability or at least a way to not instantly die against flankers, otherwise she is just a mediocre tank buster with some gimmicky support capabilities and the worst survivability of the game.

1 Like

Her damage output feels good for a utility dps, but she’s still overall weak.

0.5s faster tp, 1-2m increased interact radius.

Give her a 25 shield aura and maybe 25 more white HP.

Give her those and she’ll finally be good.

Don’t buff her weapon anymore, she’ll end up being simultaneously OP and weak.

1 Like

Either give her 250 hp for being an up close hero or give her an almost instant tp.

Not both. Just one or the other.

I agree but I’m not excited about the w+m1 bots that will continue to complain about her.

Everyone says she feels like “old Sym” in terms of the beam, and they are right. But what a lot of people don’t understand is that not much has changed, and you’ll still likely have to land a right click to have a chance of dueling a competent dps with the beam. So far, it has mainly helped against tanks (particularly Winston), which in turn helps against enemy DPS and supports because you’re charged more often and 130dps is much less suicidal than 65dps.

You can’t touch TPs cast time at this point, because she is armed to the teeth with lethality. I’d rather it just be much quieter. Fix dying even though you’ve 100% teleported because that imo is more frustrating than it destroying itself (I mean Mercy can REZ YOU AT THE OTHER END). Also put it back in the killfeed and restore being able to hear who is attacking it at any distance (you’d hear their gun hitting it like they were right next to you).

There are other QoL buffs she could do with as well. Restoring her ammo to 100 would be splendid. I’ve wanted that more than anything. Or at the very least a reload speed buff, as all Sym mains reload a lot to cancel orbs anyway.

Are you confident about this statement?

For me, Symmetra is literally the only DPS that I am not afraid of. Especially when compared to other DPS.

2 Likes

There is only one DPS in the game that is barely a threat to the majority of the roster and that is Sombra because she only has one source of damage and it’s pitiful. Sym on the other hand can do an absurd amount of damage very quickly, and the control she has over her turrets essentially turn her orb into a oneshot.

Im more afraid of Sombra tbh. Especially when she manages to hack me.

Also “very quickly”?
Orb takes 1 second to charge,
Primary takes like 3 seconds with good aim
Turret bomb is roughly 3 seconds on average
And turrets themselves take time to fly and then deploy.
In overwatch with its low ttk, this isn’t “very quickly”.

2 Likes

This is ultra frustrating but it must be one of those favour the shooter things that probably won’t be changed, unless they were to add in invincibility frames for tping, which would be another bag of worms.

She’s definitely in a better place, but it’s not enough to get her out of troll pick status.
She still needs buffs and bug fixes on her TP. Decreasing the cast time for her TP improves her survivability (and we all know it’s garbage atm), but not too much that it basically skips every choke points.
Some people did suggest to increase Symm’s HP pool so she can survive better. It’s a welcome buff, but it’s not needed. I find the shield HP lifesteal against shields a better change for her as it provides more counter play against shields (by increasing her survivability against Rein, Winston, Orisa, or Brig).

I like the buff, it’s appreciated but I don’t think it’s the one she needed.

She needs more survivability, I’d rather her old Photon barrier return, so that she had more of a chance to 1v1

1 Like

its a little weak … if you try play her using her old playstyle, otherwise she is pretty strong DEF Hero, a little cheese/weak when playing in attack. But her Orbs are a pain to the Rear.

Like people still using winston vs her, when all he does is feeding her beam and ult, but people keep the mentality of “winston is hard counter vs Sym”, that info is pretty outdated.

Syms tickrate was fixed a while ago actually, it was a stealth fix.