Symmetra & Doomfist were nerfed

Because of an imbalance in the tank roster. Back during the early part of Double Shield, both of these heroes benefit greatly due to Double Shield. Instead of changing Double Shield (which was hated/disliked by a large part of the community and in most ranks) Doomfist and Symmetra were nerfed. Already average to trash heroes who benefit from the Tank meta were unjustifiably nerfed due to the incompetence in balancing the Tank Roster.

It made no sense in nerfing them. Nerfing them did not fix the Tank balance and Double Shield still existed for another few months until it “fell out of fashion”. It took a multitude of changes to the Tanks to get rid of Double Shield. Not nerfs to the DPS who are already average or trash to fix the Tank Meta.

Sym did her job. She was made to counter shields by gaining ammo off them. Doomfist was the only other good “counter” because he could Punch through shields. Both of these reasons are because of shields. Not because the individual heroes were too strong, no, it was because the Tank imbalance forced those two to be the only ones good in that comp. Moira also applies here as her Orbs could go through shields as well, one of the big reasons for her being part of the Meta during this time. I don’t remember if she took any major nerfs though.

My humble request is: Could we please revert some of the nerfs they got during the Double Shield meta? This won’t fix all of their glaring problems, but they did not deserve to be nerfed because the Tank meta forced them to be meta.

As a side note, Mei was also unreasonably nerfed too hard because she also benefit from the Tank imbalance. Although, I still uphold that they should be targeting her Wall for nerfs, and not her freeze time, ammo, etc.

59 Likes

I humbly request they leave symm exactly where she is. Games are more fun now and part of that is not having cheesy nonsense like symm turrets and symm right clicking randomly at choke or teleporting her team directly to point.

#keepsymminthetrash

20 Likes

Sym was literally nerfed because she did her job of countering shields
Them people complained, wait…I dont think anyone did tbh
and then they were so cunfused “wHy iS dOuBlE sHiElD sTilL mEtA”

That was such a joke

And they should ignore your request

I can guess you are below gold, since sym turrets were, and never will be, a problem

58 Likes

You wouldn’t see her much if they got rid of Double Shield early on :slight_smile:

And she would still at the very least feel good for Sym players who use her primary fire.

2 Likes

I wholeheartedly agree. Both the heroes should get their nerfs reverted.

20 Likes

That’s your opinion and mine is that they should ignore the OPs request.

Ooooh, whose trying to rank shame? Symm’s turrets are an annoyance because they are lock-on and require zero skill to have an impact. Just like torb turret having lock-on and a stupidly long-range is a real annoyance in this game at all ranks whether it is easy to deal with or not. And spamming right-clicks at chokes is an annoyance because it too requires zero skill and can have a large impact.

There should be some skill involved in abilities and symm is overloaded with no/low-skill ones. She should be reworked to something with more skillful abilities then balanced from there. I suspect Blizz knows exactly how annoying her current kit is and that’s why they keep her in a state that is not played often.

5 Likes

As someone that regularly plays in bronze and silver comp with friends… they arent an issue in any level. They might work once but even bronze player will instantly switch to Pharah if they die to them once.

13 Likes

Also you are asking for sym to stay dead
If you say #keepsymminthetrash, I can say you are lower than gold

But they have like no health

sym’s turrets don’t have long range lmao

Name them

and turrets dont count cause they have low health and do low damage, and she has to aim to put them where she wants, also they can be destroyed while moving

11 Likes

How does it feel to be so bad and easily tilted by a neutered hero.

19 Likes

Can we give genji 30 damage shurikens for non damage boostable blade and a 20% increase in ult charge as well?

1 Like

Sure, but his situation wasn’t caused by Double Shield and instead of Blizzard being unable to power shift for some reason.

5 Likes

You know sentries are extremely limited by cooldown and dont magically spawn in the map like mushrooms, right? Sym has to aim them to deploy them and they are slow moving, shiny destroyable balls that start at her model. The idea that they are low effort high impact is silly when they are closer to medium effort low impact for how little they do overall.

You are just another bad player that scapegoats your player mistakes into Sym like basically every complainer there is. The truth is everything that isnt actively on your side is annoying, but the double standards are always against Sym even when she is a hero that is trivial to deal with.

18 Likes

Bruh but then again symmetra and doomfist are viable on like 1 POINT of 1 MAP. Not even a SINGLE MAP , ONE POINT OF ONE MAP.

2 Likes

Uh what, just shoot the turrets

10 Likes

Bro…

Don’t speak for ranks way out of your league.

If you go up to a GM player and try to suggest to them that sym turrets are a problem they will genuinely laugh at you.

They have 30 hp…

Use that mouse of yours or your right stick if you play console, and literally just look at it.

24 Likes

PERZONIC is with us!

1 Like

I’m all for making garbage heroes, not garbage.

5 Likes

Is Perzonic some sort of savior or something? I lack critical information, please tell me.

1 Like

Do you remember Westbrook?

nay, who? (20 characters)