Sym/Mei needs to be adressed

In the OW2 beta, Symmetra and Mei were so drastically underpowered (especially Mei) that I don’t know where to start. Look at the pro Mei players opinions, Mei was completely useless in the OW2 beta. My suggestion is, bring her freeze and her wall HP back. And also for Sym. Please make TP deploy faster, and let her get more powerful orbs (secondary fire) the more her weapon is charged up. Let’s say you’re level 3 charge, your orbs still do the same damage as a level 1 charge. Change this.

4 Likes

idea

• photon projectors range is increased to 15m
  • level 1 charge makes her orbs do 120 damage, level 2 makes them 130, and level 3 makes them 140
  • tp is completely scrapped and replaced with 2.0 photon barrier :kissing_heart:

and mei just revert her wall nerfs and ult nerf and she’d be good

5 Likes

Completely agree!!! I would also revert the Mei freeze time and ammo nerf they did back in season 20 for no reason at all.

1 Like

which one was this?

well i’m pretty sure the reason for this is that they don’t want her to be a freeze bot. the nerfed her cc a lot and reduced her ammo so she can spam right click more

They are already working on something. It is not a rework but it will “require some adjustments” from the players.

They nerfed her freeze time. So enemies frozen stay frozen for half a second shorter, which was a massive nerf to her. Same with the Ammo. Mei is there to freeze. If you wanna spam and not be a freeze bot, play Cassidy or Hanzo. The ammo nerf was not needed at all.

1 Like

As much as us Mei mains want her freeze back, it wont happen because it’s annoying to play against.

What they should do is give us and the enemy a freeze bar we can see which when filled, cancels any active abilities. This allows her to cancel ultimates and abilities again removing the huge nerf she got for it going. It also needs it’s DPS increase if freeze is gone since right now, it’s just a bad version of Syms beam which itself is already a bad ability. There is no reason it should do the same damage as Hanzo’s primary when Hanzo has a 1shot capability.

Alternatively if they do bring back freeze, it should not affect tanks and do the above against tanks instead of freezing them while freezing squishies. Right now it’s so oppressive because it got nerfed to the point it sucks against hyper mobility so you’re encouraged to just chain freeze the huge enemies that are impossible to miss.

Ontop of this, the range nerf on wall deploying needs reverting or scaling way back, it’s far too short as it stands. Then up the HP atleast to 300 so it can’t just be right clicked by Cree then see where her power level is from this.

Backbone and Patiphan might disagree with you.

1 Like

a bit ago i saw andy b say that symm was going to be changed drastically (for the next beta). not a total rework but tons of changes

wonder what it will be and i hope they dont make her worse than she already is lol

1 Like

Yes please make Mei better.

My idea from way back is to change freeze to a skill shot with a cool down (Like Soldier 76 helix rockets) that does not effect tanks. Tanks would just be slowed, but not frozen.

I actually envious of Sojourn ability to combo her slow. At least let Mei do that too.

freeze is one of the worst mechanics in the game, good riddance

1 Like