"Symm too OP, nerf". Meanwhile in actual game:

Doom widow hanzo doom widow hanzo genji mccree doom widow hanzo reaper doom widow hanzo mei doom widow hanzo symmetra doom widow hanzo mccree doom widow hanzo tracer doom widow hanzo mccree doom widow hanzo genji doom widow hanzo mei

See a pattern yet?

Doublebarrier meta but we still have doublesnipers as the top picks? Doesn’t add up. Doomfist is easy to counter, but at the same time best dps with highest winrates? Illogical. How do we fix this very obvious imbalance?

Better nerf symmetra.

Symm is currently mid tier at best, but is still being nerfed on perceived OP-ness and her beam thickness nerf will make her m1 straight up garbage to use again.

Meanwhile chars that really, truly dominate ladders aren’t being touched. Blizzard quality balancing at it’s finest.

170 Likes

We just need to get over the fact that hanzo will never get nerfed well get meaningful nerfs

18 Likes

The names of those people are the top 1% of players. They are literally professionals that are sponsored. They do not represent the 50% averaged skilled player base.

15 Likes

Buffing Winston and Zarya will fix the game

2 Likes

Everyone with a brain that plays knows that Sym is not OP.

But Blizzard WANTS barrierwatch for some odd reason. probably because pro players have such good aim lol

55 Likes

Top 500 is hardly made up from professional players alone.

You can take a look at the top 500 ranks yourself, but I’m not going to post 150 pages of pictures here. My point still stands and the numbers are there in the linked post.

4 Likes

I see like 3 Symm’s in there… That’s 3 to many so they had to nerf. Symm is a niche and “no skill” hero and not allowed to be anywhere near the top charts.

51 Likes

Im just convinced Blizz either hates Symm herself or her mains…

8 Likes

There’s roughly 50 symms in top 500 NA I believe if the linked post about role queue beta pickrates is correct.

It’s still mid tier pickrate on a meta that’s the best possible meta for symmetra to play in, since symmetra thrives in slow bunker comp setups with her constructs and she thrives against shields. No spam onto her that can easily kill her with so many shields, no divers aside from doom and no flankers. It’s her dream meta and yet…

Yet she is still only mid tier pick. Imagine nerfing a hero who in her best meta is still mid tier pick.

If the meta ever goes back to diving people or even deathballing, symmetra would fade away because everything about symm is both not made for dive and very weak against it and symm’s constructs are again not built for quick rotations with her long cooldowns inside deathball. But blizzard is not even giving her a chance and instead killing her yet again because they want their new hero sigma dominate the ladders.

But they aren’t known for their game balance no, unfortunate for a pvp game that’s also played professionally.

25 Likes

On this screens 3 Symmetras and 1 Genji why in ur description only one Sym and 2 Genji - hypocrisy

Sigh.

The leaderboards are always hanzo/widow/hanzo/widow/hanzo/widow/hanzo/widow

but they see nothing wrong

11 Likes

If only they nerfed Doomfist, Widowmaker and Hanzo. I would be so happy.

33 Likes

Right? Just nerf these three and the whole game will change for the better. what to climb sr? just one trick hanzo / widow

6 Likes

Doomfist is everywhere lol

3 Likes

When was that picture taken ?

Avatar should be in top 10 in EU leaderboard with 2 accounts, he is been there for a week now. I see none of them in the list. This doesn’t make any sense.

p.s: Avatar is fellow Greek Symmetra OTP, so I know his case.

1 Like

Shame that the opposite is happening.

Sym is never allowed to be viable unfortunately. Only Dumpster Tier :cry:

9 Likes

In the very same screenshot you posted:

Symmetra, 4th, 5th, and 9th BEST PLAYER in all of North America for DPS. There’s a Symmetra one-trick. H a h.

Next screenshot, no Sym, fair.
3rd screenshot, Top 10 in Europe- three Symmetras. One is the 2nd best player in Europe for Damage, the others are 7th and 10th.

4th screenshot, top 20 of Europe. Oh look, top 15 and top 17 are both Symmetra players.

5th screenshot, top 10, in the 10th spot is a Symmetra. Hmm. Funny how that works.

Symmetra’s not overpowered, but if used correctly she sure as heck dominates the ladder. That’s whys she’s in top 10 for literally every region you posted.

Now let’s see here, you said:

but didn’t actually give the placements of any of those heroes.
So I’ll just do top 10 for each region based on the screenshots, going by the most played character by each player.

North America

1. Widow
  2. Hanzo
  3. Widow
  4. Hanzo (also plays Sym)
  5. Doom (also plays Sym)
  6. Doom
  7. Widow
  8. Widow
  9. Symettra
  10. Hanzo

Europe

1. Doom
  2. Symmetra
  3. Doom
  4. Genji
  5. McCree
  6. Hanzo
  7. Reaper
  8. Widow
  9. Doom
  10. Doom

Asia

1. Widow
  2. Doom
  3. Widow
  4. Widow
  5. McCree
  6. Widow
  7. Doom
  8. Doom
  9. Pharah
  10. Symmetra

So, combining these statistics in top 10 across all 3 regions:
9 Widowmaker’s,
9 Doomfist’s,
4 Hanzo’s,
3 Symmetra’s,
2 McCree’s
1 Genji,
1 Pharah,

Symmetra is in the middle of the picked heroes, and picked at least once in the top 10 as someone’s main in literally every single region you listed.

Except, as shown by my numbers thanks to the data you provided-
Hanzo isn’t the 2nd pick for top10, Doomfist is. He’s tied with Widow, actually.

Why? Doomfist hardcounters Sigma.
Widowmaker hardcounters everyone not behind a barrier, and if she flanks and manages her cooldown, she gets away scot-free. These are the best Widowmakers in their respective regions, FFS. These people are the ones to 1v6 completely out of the blue.

Why? What’s their strength? One-shots.
Does Symmetra have any? Nope.
Yet somehow she competes with them just fine.

I disagree with this. You lose a total of 15 damage per second at max charge.
Also, unlike Doomfist and Widowmaker- you don’t have downtime as long as your team helps you stay alive- because you don’t need to rely on cooldowns to do damage or get value, AND you have a beam weapon which does consistent damage.

This idea that Symmetra is “bad” is just plain BS.
Widow and Doomfist have always been strong in the hands of the best players because their kits are overtuned.

Symmetra was nerfed almost immediately, and you really think they did it because we had the odd 3 or so threads a day (if that) of her strength?

Symmetra got a bug fix to her consistency that made her much, MUCH stronger in terms of outputting damage.

We can only assume Blizzard nerfed her damage, (by less than 8%, might I add), because they saw internally with data that we CAN’T see- that Symmetra’s damage per a certain time interval went up by around 8% or more.

The Devs rarely cave on anything, whatsoever.
If these forums were to blame for her nerf, then why are there now over 20 threads at the top of these very forums- saying that she didn’t need the nerf?

Are you, really telling me- that people in the top 10 BEST players regardless of region, can’t aim? Are you actually implying that?

Over 70% of this playerbase is in Gold and Platinum, combined.
Symmetra doesn’t suddenly become absolute trash-tier because her beam width was changed.

This is a nerf, yes, there’s no denying that- but can we please stop pretending that this will ruin the character?
She’s not picked for her kill potential, she’s picked for her utility.
This has always been the case.

Proof?
See: Your own screenshots of just how many Widows and Doomfists there are compared to Symmetra players.

This I can agree with. It does upset me that such blatantly powerful characters receive little to no changes, but in fairness- they probably just aren’t sure what to do with them.
Although I’m pretty sure saying “Blizzard quality balancing at it’s finest” is against ToS of the forums for using masked language against the devs, to imply they can’t balance the game- so I’d recommend removing that.

If anyone here would like to have a civil debate and/or discussion, feel free to respond to me.

8 Likes

You’re really argumenting about the data from few screenshots when they are only there to show a pattern? And not the whole top 500? Really my dude?

That’s why I linked this thing.

Symm is a mid tier pick at best. The quality of one symm player being in top 500 doesn’t trump the quantity of all the hanzo, doom and widow players in top 500. Any character can get to top 500, no matter how trash of a pick they are if the player is skilled enough. Yes even old 2.0 symm could do this. Couple symm player presence in top 500 means nothing in this context.

What matters is how many of those same character picks you see in top 500 ladder, those characters are the strong picks in the meta. These are the characters that allow one to reach top 500 and give you best results when combined with player ability and character potential. Symm bounced from low tier pick to middle tier pick with the change and doubleshield meta, something that is extremely beneficial to her. Any other meta and she would still be low tier pick.

She doesn’t dominate the ladder though just because the top symm mains have made an appearance in top 10, that’s ridiculous assumption. Doom, Hanzo and Widow continue to dominate the ladders with their solid presence everywhere and this is a fact.

13 Likes

there is actually a lot of symm in top 500 and in those top 10 pictures…

2 Likes