💎 [Symm] Primary Fire Shield Piercing

So here’s an idea that would solidify Symmetra as an anti-tank hero:

Symmetra:

Photon Projector (Primary Fire)

• Does full damage to Armor as if it was HP.
  • Pierces through Barrier Shields.

Boom. You got yourself a Tankkiller.
With the bonus of also being a Brig killer.
And very strong against GOATs.

22 Likes

Sym is anti barrier and she does a ton of damage already

3 Likes

The old damage was 75dps right? If so then she would destroy Brig so hard that I actually like this idea.

If you want there to be less main tank players then go ahead

10 Likes

It should pierce like Mei beam through heroes not barriers.

15 Likes

If you can survive three seconds after charging the beam.

3 Likes

I thought Sym’s alternate fire already goes through shields? Could be wrong though.

Instead of going straight through it shields should go straight through and do less damage because simply going through and doing like 180dps is OP, she should also regen health from doing damage.

2 Likes

You can also use her alt fire too
So when she starts ripping through tanks with her primary and killing squishes with secondary

No that was only in her previous state (2.0)

Its not that good up close, any enemy with competent aim will kill you while you charge you orb

She literally TICKLES armor with her current tick rate, even at max charge

Once again they will melt you while charging orbs.

This. Totally this. I have been saying itnshoykdnoierce enemies for a while now.

The devs are moving away from damage piercing barriers, they would never go for that.

Change the tick rate as well to 5 ticks / second at 16 damage a tick. Her base damage becomes 80.
Ramp up is 80/120/180 (50% per level).

Also have it slow enemies by 15%. Thismlowers the skill floor a bit for players that need it, and gives her an edge in cqc.

Then let her Primary heal Shield HP at 12/16/20 hp a second andshe has a form of sustain.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t that still take 2.8 seconds to kill a Rein, on top of the 3.2 seconds it took to charge it up to 180dps?

Assuming he wasn’t getting any heals.

As a tank player, this just terrifies me. I really hate how many anti-tank mechanics people are trying to put into the game. Just make it so you can’t heal stack. Make it so you CANNOT pick 3 supports and the tank meta will be no more.

Don’t try and just avoid the main point of picking a tank in the first place. Without a shield, what even is Reinhardt or Orisa? They are terrible heroes if things start ignoring their shields.

1 Like

Nah. If she has shield piercing it should be her alt fire.

That’s kinda the point. If anti-tank is going to be Symmetra’s role. Then she should be a Reaper tier threat to tanks.

1 Like

Ah ok. If you don’t mind answering a second question (since I seem to have mixed up Sym’s abilities from 2.0 to 3.0), is her secondary fire considered a projectile that DVA matrix can eat?

Okay saying that she would do 180dps was the best of situations, lets say their team is pushing in and you shoot through them and do your measly 60dps for 2 seconds, what are you contributing besides feeding enemy healers? even if you charge the gun by the time that happens the enemy will likely have meted you, and attempting to shoot them behind your own team shield is pointless as you should be focusing on flanking and picking off their squishes, not picking off their tanks.

Well, that’s 60dps, through a shield, that is treating armor like it’s normal HP.

At 12m distance, where a hero like Rein can’t swing against.

It would be too hard of a counter. You couldn’t even try to run a Reinhardt or an Orisa into Sym. You’d immediately have to swap to something like Hammond the second you see Sym on the enemy team.

It wouldn’t just destroy goats. It would destroy the anchor tanks entirely.