Sym orb does 140 damage when fully charged in PTR

I thought the reason Junkrat didn’t get 140 nade was because it’ll be obnoxious?

Give Junkrat his 140 nade now.

h ttps://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/overwatch-ptr-patch-notes-%E2%80%93-february-6-2020/456032/21

New PTR patchnotes just drop, literally.

Widow/Hammond/Brig got nerf but Sym got buff.

Edit: Yea that.

Silly change. She needs faster charge, to hold them, or increased fire rate. Not more damage.

12 Likes

Tell that to blizz.

I’ll be surprised if this goes live (But seeing the current trend, it just might.), since they didn’t go through with Junkrat 140 nade.

140 nade junkrat is obnoxious because he fires more shots per second than symmetra with no need for a charge up

18 Likes

This change is actually very good. Not what people wanted. But Symmetra’s spam is going to be nasty.

5 Likes

Junkrat can spam with much more frequency and his projectile moves faster. It makes more sense on Sym. Big scary dodgeable orbs.

4 Likes

Ay for more spam I guess.

Still not enough to even KO tracer if you magically manage to hit one. =p

Actually a widow nerf though? Who would’ve thought?

inb4 widow nerf doesn’t happen because everyone starts crying loud and only brig gets a nerfbat.

2 Likes

And sym hitbox is a lot bigger and goes exactly where you want them compared to Junkrat nades that has an arcing projectile (And numerous bugs on top of that.).

Not to mention that Sym can also charge off shield while tossing the same amount of damage that Junkrat does.

Assuming that the charge up time is similar (Since there’s no mention that it’ll take extra time), then Sym can output the same amount of damage (Or at least, close to Junkrat.) in shield busting.

I’m peeved because that’s another hero stepping onto Junkrat shoes in shield breaking (Which Sym already does very well in close quarter.) while Junk has yet to get any buffs.

Sym’s secondary was ALREADY obnoxious and stupidity easy to spam.

Sym needs buffs but this is not it.

Sym charging on shields only charges her primary fire. It can replenish ammo but you’d be faster reloading.

What I can see is that sym can keep spamming orbs and then charge off shields when she closes in with her team.

But in between, the increase of damage also means her base damage of sym orb is higher and in turn, getting to 120-130 isn’t that difficult. So Sym can output similar damage to Junkrat, if not more, due to her ammo pool being higher.

But that my opinion and view so far, I’m just peeved that Junkrat has yet to get a buff.

Good thing Junkrat has traps to lock down targets and ricocheting frag grenades. Basic aiming skills are required to play damage heroes successfully.

Yes, hoping an enemy screw up consistently and walk into your trap.

The ricochet also has a bug, where if you fire too high up, the nade will immediately explode after the first bounce.

I’m peeved because they tried this with Junkrat and it didn’t went through but I have a sinking feeling this will actually get through with Sym.

So where’s Junkrat buff?

They didn’t give him the buff because his nades would one-shot when he was nano-ed or supercharged. Whereas Sym orbs are a lot slower in terms of fire rate and are more linear.

2 Likes

Lmao what even with this buff here’s the times to destroy each barrier including reloads

Orisa barrier? It has 600 hp

That’s all 5 of junkrats shots and 5 symm shots

Junkrat destroys it in 2.4 seconds and can begin firing on targets behind at the 3.9 second mark

Symmetra destroys it with secondary fire in 5 seconds and can fire immediately on the targets behind, so junkrat wins against orisa barrier

Sigma barrier is 900 hp

Junkrat destroys it in 7 shots, Symmetra destroys it in 7 shots

Junkrat takes 5.9 seconds to destroy it and can immediately start attacking enemies behind it

Symmetra takes 7 seconds to destroy it and can begin firing on the targets behind at the 8.5 second mark

Junkrat wins. Again.

Reinhardt barrier is 1600 hp

Junkrat destroys it in 13 shots and Symmetra destroys it in 12 shots (this is the only barrier that actually has a shot number difference)

Junkrat destroys it in 9.6 seconds and can begind firing on those behind it immediately

Symmetra destroys it in 12 seconds and can begin firing on those behind it immediately.

This buff does not make symmetras secondary fire competition for junkrats barrier busting capabilities at all.

Btw the numbers for her beam

4.66 seconds for beam and instant attack targets behind compared to junkrats 2.4 and 3.9, Junkrat wins over beam against orisa barrier

6.33 seconds for beam and instant fire on enemies beats junkrat beats her with his 5.9 and instant fire on enemies

10.21 for beam and instant fire on enemies, junkrat beats her again with 9.6 seconds and instant fire on enemies

This buff does absolutely nothing to make her a competitor to junkrat in the shield break department and any symm that uses secondary fire over primary to break a barrier is stupid

2 Likes

It’s also a lot bigger and isn’t exactly slow either.

I’m peeved because this didn’t went through with Junkrat but now sym is getting this.

no please. i feel he’s way to random for 140 damage. you can aim into a wall and get a team kill, i know this wont happen, BUT it is possible.

1 Like

It’s a buff but not the buff Sym mains have been asking for. She needs faster orbs. Not more damage.