Sym doesn't need a golden glove

Sym’s arm is what projects her abilities. So they are her weapons. That is the logic. Same goes for Torb’s Turret. Especially when BOB was made gold. Zarya’s shield emitters should also be gold etc.

1 Like

To be fair, some might not want it just because it would “ruin” the gold of them. I never really wanted golden Bob because it is gaudy as hell. Now I can only wear gold with her gangster skin. Do not ask me why, it is the only one that does not make me cringe.

1 Like

Somebody needs to get off, thus why it’s sinking. I’ll keep the bastion mains, Sym can go.

bastion is heavy and so his sombra mains ego , sym is a skinny legend

3 Likes

Yes.

Why are you trying to justify not having a glove when it’s literally just changing a material ID in engine or in 3D authoring software.

It’s a 10 minute process at most, and with quarantine in full swing in Anaheim, they can take a 10 minute break and throw all the fans a bone for various cosmetic tweaks.

Give McCree a golden prosthetic arm for all but his Blackwatch outfit. Change Genji’s first person sword/dash particles on his skins to match colors. Add a toggle to force blue/red per player. Give Sym her gold glove, give Rein a transparency slider for his barrier, make Tracer’s blink colors match her skin colors. Do all of the cool things.

Sym IS skinny but she’s dense :frowning:

Too much baggage, she has to go :walking_woman:

We don’t need golden guns!

Don’t add anything to gameplay.

We don’t need cosmetics!
Don’t add anything to gameplay.

You see you can use this on anything, because we have x thing already.
Or just because we need it.

we did ask for a victory pose. The golden glove would rectify every single existing Symmetra victory pose.

Also, every question has already been answered on the Megathread so donut come for me.

Also, I can’t believe on the day after my non-existent wedding I have been summoned to this idiocy.

2 Likes

Haha, Sandy at it again. Keep that thread alive.

1 Like

Just give her her stupid glove how would that even change anything in your life, stop being selfish and let her players be happy jesus christ

3 Likes

Stop spreading lies. Mcree arm punches pretty good. And it can the hammers. Lmao

Sym gets attention from the devs like young men got attention from Jeffrey Dahmer.

She uses it to fight, it’s part of her kit, it’s basically a her weapon.

They gave her two whole golden arms :upside_down_face:

I will be very disappointed if she doesn’t get a victory pose cone Anniversary. This is realistically the last Anniversary event before OW2 and if not it will mark four full years without a victory pose with her gun.

We know historically that heroes don’t get highlight intros at Anniversary. Echo and Sigma will get dances. There will be daily brawls from old events. Some really nice new skins. Maybe even some Ashe voicelines. but I wish she’d just get that golden glove now though tbh.

2 Likes

They said themselves a large amount of people from the overwatch team are focussed on overwatch 2. It’s not a 10 minute process. It’s changing every skin for them, fixing emotes, checking for bugs with each skin. If they get this, then people will ask for more. Golden mccree prosthetic, when he has some skins without it? Inconsistent and not like overwatch. Then people will want torb’s turret to be gold, then rein’s shield face, then sig’s whole arm since he used his ult, shield, and rock with it.
And then people on the forums will complain about dev’s wasting time on cosmetics like they did with the April 1st eyes.

Unrelated but I appreciate your name :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sym uses her arm to create everything in her kit…her arm is literally a part of her kit. She can stand for a golden arm

1 Like

OMG TWINS

(This name was randomly given to me, I’ve just grown to accept it)

1 Like

I just feel this thread’s energy could have went towards something constructive.

2 Likes

Do you even use Substance, Maya, or Unreal/Unity? In any 3D authoring program you can generate vertex/face/model groups, and apply a material from an existing library of materials. Even in an in-house ground up engine, there’s no way it requires any amount of intensive labor.

It’s literally opening the file on their backup, changing the material ID (literally an already established UV island) to match the one that reads as a gold material that was already authored, and changing the node/line of code to utilize that gold material in game.

We know this can be done programmatically, because Orisa literally has it for her Fortify.

It’s effectively a modern version of a texture swap. It can be (and is without question) automated, and there is no bug testing period, it’s literally just an asset replacement. QA doesn’t require a whole testing phase for something this simple (even if Blizzard says it does because they have some sort of altruistic commitment to high standards) the only time it takes is to package/compile that specific patch file (equivalent to a .pak), push to the live branch, then add it to a Perforce backup.

They won’t do it because it doesn’t generate any money, and because the idea is better suited for OW2 skins and assets where they can tout their Blizzard polish.

Outsourcing art studios and in-house artists LITERALLY aren’t doing anything else for the game except authoring assets and concept art. They are not the same dept as balance, gameplay design, or lore and worldbuilding.

Complaints literally don’t matter from people that don’t know what/who they’re actually complaining about.

Slippery slope fallacy, they don’t have to do jack just because they did one cosmetic change (case in point, Hanzo’s winter skin redesign didn’t cause Mei’s Meirry skin to be redesigned).

Also, skin specific features already exist on legendaries. Pink Mercy sound and particles, flaming Reaper head, headless Pharah, snowman iceblock Santa Mei.

Heck, we HAD color-matched particles until they removed it from colorblind features.

You’re making and arguing for a position that holds no weight…

And for the common art complaints the community has, where those artists wouldn’t be scheduled to do anything else for a while after massproducing assets for OW2, why not go after low hanging fruit? Especially after the devs went on record and then never delivered on using different gun models separate from hero skins. It’s a 10 minute job in terms of actual labor (+ however long it takes to get past QA.)

2 Likes