🏚 Sym doesn't have a role, thats the main problem, "Blame Dev's Economically Needs" (Mega topic)

She was a disruptor non healer support. (2.0)

(that was really a dps, because of her abilities, needed buffs in this direction)

Now they removed her abilities to disrupt, and moved her to a DPS.

(And gave her mostly Supportive abilities, but claim she is now fit to be a DPS.) (they went the opposite way)

The Supportive ability is not healing, so it really does not make her a support again.

So basically She is nothing, she doesn’t even do enough damage to take out most heroes. (So not even a DPS)

She is basically Taxi that is instantly destroyed at higher levels. (3.0)

But this is been said all before, It’s pointed out by someone else in here in my notes in the past: 🧭 Highlighting some of my Sym suggestions and other things from over a year:

Look, just looking at my notes, they seem to only being doing Sym “reworks” in the first place when it’s economically needed to happen, example Last Sym rework and Hammond excitement I guess was purposed to hide how bad August was for them. (But both of these failed.)

And everything dripped into the convention the next month. In which they quickly rolled out the D. Va Sprays with an event based around a video that been working on for a year. Then they mostly focused on others stuff like finishing up Ashe and these other heroes, plus whatever else is coming.

Sym is very very likely not to be getting any hints on what they plan to do next, till likely around April again. Then we will see something in the Summer again.

Though this will likely be all slapped together again before August. (and this slot machine basically repeats.)

edit: Honestly I don’t want to hear from Devs about Sym, because it might be very likely not be the truth.

21 Likes

Sym’s role is to deal damage since she’s under that category, and she performs that task flawlessly.

6 Likes

Lies, but i guess some people are still basically in the denial stage right now.

But even pros agree she does not really do damage as a dps.

Highlighting this: Let’s be honest. The Devs don’t know what they want for Symmetra

3 Likes

This topic is subjective. I’ve gotten plays as her before, escaped grav with tele, saved team fights with proton barrier, and saved my own life multiple times with my turrets.

Do I need to show you my plays for you to believe me?

1 Like

I seen OWL players try to get her to work and fail within 15 seconds.

I don’t need to see yours. (You were either lucky or just playing with complete noobs)

Then try to see my point of view rather than thinking

if you don’t agree with me, you’re wrong and stupid.

Get your head out of the sand.
(High masters, peaked 4201 this season btw)

4 Likes

But I have seen your point of view, it’s blind to Sym’s main issues.

2 Likes

I know she has design flaws, but being able to charge up primary fire with barriers and get ammo from them? That used to be a helluva lot better than just simply charging up primary and losing ammo. And the 6 turrets that has 1 hp?

3 Likes

Sigh people are just getting tired of repeating themselves.

I can see why alot of the old Sym mains quit.

2 Likes

So stop repeating yourself and spamming the forums… Clearly the devs are fine with where symm is. If you dont like her dont play her, it really is that simple.

5 Likes

Just make her good at killing Tanks. Problem solved.

Charging up the primary on a shield is nothing new. Sym has always been able to do that. Being able to get ammo back is the new component, and while it’s a nice component, think about this:

Now, she has to charge for 3.2 seconds… Previously, she only needed to charge for 2.

Now, she has to have pinpoint precision to see the damage of her weapon realized.

Previously, she just needed to be in range of her target.

Actual realized damage, even with the increased numbers appears to be about the same, and the new iteration of her weapon is penalized by armor far more than her previous iteration.

That’s not a good trade.

6 turrets. 1hp each. Glancing unfocused damage could kill them. Yes, they weren’t optimal, but you know what they did that the new turrets can’t do? Alert you to someone coming through a particular path.

You could have a solitary turret alert you as to a path being utilized, and keep 4 turrets near your base. You had information at your disposal that you no longer have.

What’s the difference between the new turret and the old turret? 29hp and lots of situational awareness. That having been said, I still prefer the new turrets, simply due to their deployment mechanic. Nothing else, really. A solitary punch is all that’s needed to remove a turrets, something all characters have at their disposal, to easily rid themselves of a minor nuisance at best.

4 Likes

See that is a lie too, ^https://kotaku.com/jeff-kaplans-plans-to-combat-overwatch-fatigue-1830295758

Jeff "But in general, I’m not a huge fan of reworks.”

5 Likes

Next time grab the whole quote, just not the bit that serves your spin.

“I think it’s a necessity sometimes. Torbjorn and Symmetra were both in a place where balance tweaks alone weren’t gonna make the characters more viable. But in general, I’m not a huge fan of reworks.”

1 Like

Just highlight “in general part like word means”

sigh… I am done talking about this again agian gainaija’mk

just gonna chill and listen to music

Appreciate it, pal. Thank you.

2 Likes

Honestly I don’t want to hear from Devs about Sym, because it might be very likely not be the truth.

Changes that need to be made immediately that do not require number changes to her kit:

• Turrets target Symmetra’s primary target when damage is applied, and maintain lock until target is switched, or dies, whichever happens first. (Just like Torb)
  • Turrets ignore other deployables (Traps, Teleporters, other turrets)
  • This logic goes to all deployable sources of damage, including Torb turret, B.O.B., and other Symmetra turrets.

Number changes need to be made to her primary weapon, I suggest the following:

• Primary has linear ramp up, staged ramp up is gone, starts at 100dps and over the course of 2 seconds reaches maximum potential 180dps. No more tiered ramp up.
  • When primary damages shields, personal shields are gained for Symmetra while leeching them. Her primary will charge up during this process, as well as charging a personal shield pool, this would cap at 275 shields total, 100hp, 175 shields. The shield overcharge would dissipate much like Lucio or Doomfists currently do, ticking down to 100hp/150shields. Optionally, a maximum of 25 shields could be given to nearby teammates (giving them incentive to protect her during this process)

Secondary fire:

• Minimally charged secondary fire will travel much faster than a fully charged secondary fire. So, a tap of the secondary fire would launch a projectile at 40-50mps, that would do 20 damage. A half second charge would release one that traveled at 35mps for 60dps, and a full second charge would launch the standard 30mps 120dmg projectile. Ammo costs would be adjusted to prevent constant spamming of smaller projectiles. (A total of say, 20 small projectiles, 15 medium, 7 full power)

Teleporter should be changed as such:

• Deployment time reduced by half total, including bloom animation.
  • Teleporter interaction radius increased by 30%
  • Primary/Secondary buttons change how the TP works. Primary is the way it works now, secondary immediately teleports Symmetra to the exit, turrets cannot be teleported using the alternate method. (This solves the issue with her not having an escape mechanic)

or just the simple 👋 The Perfect Sym Buff if “cough” someone “cough” wants to go slow.

my idea is to rework symmetra so that she has 1 and 2 buttons like mercy but 1 is damage and 2 is healing