Sym 2.0 vs 3.0 Beam Damage - This is a Nerf!

They made her a dps by nerfing Her dps

Lmfao

8 Likes

There’s yet another factor that makes it even worse. Which is the lower max ammo capacity. This means that compared to before, she spends more time not dealing damage, which only further widens the already vast gap in damage potential. And inb4 someone says “But it costs no ammo to charge on shields,” that’s time spent dealing no damage to an actual enemy, meaning this QoL still reduces your damage output in the long run compared to 2.0.

Is the decay the same rate as it used to be, or is it the same as her current charge rate? Either way, using an ability is enough time to lose about one charge which is a lot for Symmetra.

6 Likes

I compeltly forgot about that

Omg that’s even worse

I’m actually done with blizzard

5 Likes

That’s a lot of math that doesn’t factor in individual player skill.

People are still juked fairly easily by the tp. Generally after TPing to avoid his jump, they stay at that tp for whatever reason. If they don’t drop bubble however and weave in melees, Sym loses. I’m not saying she’ll always win.

1 Like

This happens to Zarya beam some times. The beam will look like it’s not on the mine but my crosshair is on the mine and it registers the crosshair.

2 Likes

Yes,main-wep is nerfed.
AND in addition,Sub-waps rate and speed is buffed,BUT explosion is weaker than penetration.

She can fight on out range than before? No,thats just for speed and rate.Sub-wep is more helpless for enemy shield.

Her main&sub are just halfway.

2 Likes

I literally showed you the math doesn’t work in the BEST CASE SCENARIO where Winston is a total bot.

Juke? Juke what?! If you start using TP to run, you’re not killing him, ever. If he wants you, he can chase you more than you can run.

You’re delusional.

7 Likes

All this maths is great and all but this is not how you would be playing Symmetra. This only takes into account a 1v1 situation but Overwatch is so much more than that.

In a 1v1 against a squishy of course you would want to use orbs.
In a 1v1 against a tank I personally would left click even if they have armour because all the tanks have abilities that block or make orbs useless. You can’t just reduce it to just 5-6 orbs to kill a tank.

Again, Overwatch is so much more than just 1v1. You would almost always have 3rd stage already before engaging onto their backline. Charge your beam on frontline/barriers and then teleport in to kill the squishies. The beam has such an insane hitbox at 3rd stage that it is expected to have a high accuracy, even 100% accuracy. Your maths on accuracy and the 36-72-108 ramp isn’t wrong but it’s just not how things work in game.

People also say that you can’t charge your beam because it’s so short but how was the old Symmetra any better? We’ve always charged our beams the same way.

4 Likes

Firstly, i’d encourage you to check your own accuracy stat with the new Sym beam. It’ll be less than 100%, even if you feel you’re mostly hitting. Even the most pro Zarya players don’t really reach above 70% accuracy, and that’s with 6m more range than Symmetra.

Additionally, you make getting to third stage sound so easy, but remember that Sym is a 200 HP hero with absolutely no survivability skills and one rather slow mobility skill in TP. An enemy team that allows her to get to full charge while fighting on the front line against something like a Dva or Road has already done something wrong. By far the most practical way to get to full charge in most team fights is against barriers from a safe position, but that is not always possible.

[Hi Lumi btw <3]

I think what the beam needs is a reversion to the previous ramp up time of 2 seconds. Then I can see it being useful more often, though I’d also be happy with a range buff to make it more comparable to Zarya.

3 Likes

I’ve tried to make it work, but it comes at such high risk it usually ends up that the better/safer play is to use orbs at a distance.

The few times it worked were usually when the fight is already in clean-up mode, finishing a lone Roadhog or Reinhart.

Even on Sym 2.0, I always asked Mercys to just keep heal beam on rather than damage boost because a safe 120 dps is just better than a risky 156 dps.

2 Likes

The new beam rewards good aiming, while the old beam rewards for holding your left click. Its true that the damage got nerfed, but the secondary is more useful, and turrets do more damage.

1 Like

Just get rid of the vbem and give her rapid fire/low damage shield piercing bubbles and let her keep her secondary. Or make the beam longer… a 10 meter range is ridiculous with the amount of tracking and the damage output you get with it.

1 Like

I find myself using right-click in almost every situation over using leftclick.

The only time I use left-click is currently when there’s a shield close by, I am fighting a big target like Roadhog (or D.Va cause matrix can absorb the orb) or when the enemy is walking in a straight line while I’m already charged up (if I’m not charged up from one of the previous scenarios I still just right-click as it feels more efficient).

I like the aiming style of the beam as I enjoy the close quarter tracking heroes like Zarya (or Moira to some degree) already but it doesn’t feel worth using it most of the time. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I will copy/paste your post any time somebody tries to propagate the myth that supposedly primary fire of Symmetra is a tank buster :rofl: I was too busy to do the math but was certain it’s impossible to kill Winston with it. Thanks for the proof.

2 Likes

It’s a good meme, and there’s no reason to ever use it now. TBH she’d be better off with the 2.0 primary fire…

even maybe the 1.0 :open_mouth: eughh

1 Like

I’d just like some feedback from the Devs about what they’re tweaking with primary fire because the new one has major issues.

3 Likes

Decent tracking = high amount of damage end of conversation.

1 Like

Biggest nerf is taking away photon barrier, she’s squisher then before now and still has very small range.

3 Likes

It’s weird because I am getting gold damage and gold eliminations with her…but it’s because I’m spamming my turrets and secondary at people. I only use her primary when people are close to me, or when my team is breaking past a barrier choke. That ramps up my damage and then when we break the shield I move in to melt people.

I’ve played her for several hours now across PS4 and PC and I’m consistently getting gold damage. So I am not sure what everyone else is doing who is saying her DPS is low.

2 Likes

you have to have 67% aim to break even with old damage…
the best zarya in the world has ~56% so saying decent tracking end of conversation won’t cut it this time buddy.

4 Likes