Swap E-Rez with Valkyrie | Make Rez an Ultimate Again

• Mercy gets 4 skin specific E ressurect voice lines for the enemy to hear
  • Mercy gets several Valkyrie ultimate specific lines. (Valkyrie is charging, Valkyrie is almost ready, Valkyrie is ready, get in there, I will watch over you!)
  • Jeff and Geoff both say they have no plans, intention, or desire to revert Mercy and want to put the notion to rest (aka asking the community to stop asking for it)

I really don’t care either way, as long as Mercy is fun and balanced, but I think it’s a bit silly to think mass rez is ever coming back considering all the times they have quite literally said it isn’t.

6 Likes

Valk is lame, mass rez is lame, and mercy is boring. Her kit is so basic she can only be underpowered or overpowered.

Basically sums everything up.

1 star support struggles yo

It’d be like a resurrect pulse-bomb which is nice I think.
Burst healing has never been mercy’s job however. Maybe a temporary valkyrie that lasts 4 seconds and amps the single-beam up, but still with an over time healing effect.

Doesn’t take a genius to notice when you’re gone, the forums actually had debates and threads that weren’t mercy related, but I guess you wouldn’t know that, just being passive aggressive is pretty obvious that you’re just toxic.

I’m also active of the forums daily (while attending a job and college gasp) and frequent Mercy discussion as I’m a Mercy main, the only one I’ve seen was the one I made. So please I implore you to watch that passive aggressive attitude, just another reason to label revert Mercy players as toxic.

6 Likes

Good for you! I wish you well in your endeavors. Have a good one then! :blush:

And I think it’s quite silly to think that they are referring to mass res never coming back, when no such confirmation has been made, outside of semantics and assumed intentions on wordplay. But alas, we are free to have our own views on what was / wasn’t said regarding the ability. We’ll just have to agree to disagree on it. However, the important thing to know, is that they have been known to go back on their word in this game. I wouldn’t be surprised if that occurrence happens yet again in the future. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

Thanks! I wish you luck on getting Mass Rez back!

I’m fine with most of the listed changes except for two:

This defeats the point of the cast time.

You have to pick one: Mass Rez or Valk. You can’t have both.

To me, it’s the opposite. They need to slowly roll back the amount of CC in the game to make the game flow better. There’s no worse feeling than playing tank and getting hit by every CC ability the enemy team has in their reserve.

One more thing I’d like to add is a visible radius ( a la Lucio) that shows who’s getting rezzed.

1 Like

All I can say is it at least this puts Rez in a more appropriate place (an Ultimate) which is far more interesting then a static cooldown.

Yes this is actually a direction I want to see with Rez. I want poor performance to cost you, so that good performance actually makes a noticeable difference!

At least Rez wouldn’t so nothing of a thought and having it more often means your pulling your weight more (because it had to be earned and not given as a cooldown).

I agree because it disables you and slows you I think a cast-time that can interrupted is good thou. Having a charge up to use Rez (but not disable you) would make it at least more predictive to use.

See my comment above I think a cast-time provides good counter-play and adds a challenge to using Rez.

True but this single point Rez Ultimate is lesser power than Valkyrie so a reduced cost is reasonable.

Not completely but at least Rez would be earned this way and poor play means less Rez which I also like, since I find it BS that a bad Mercy can get same access to Rez since its just given away on a cooldown.

And it would replace Valkyrie which is a major plus to me because I hate how much Valkyrie plays the game for me and makes everything too easy.

1 Like

What’s this sort of elitism/entitlement with Rez?

That’s an oddly common as a complaint and I never got it

1 Like

Its about having variability that is controlled by your ability to perform your role well (as a healer in this case with Mercy) and that giving you access to the powerful and distinctive ability Rez creating the sense that your playing well is why you getting the chance to Rez rather than the current Rez which is just there and is static relative to your ability to play well.

2 Likes

Wonder when devs will find out, that Valkyrie buffs are not improving Mercy at all. No matter how you look at it, support ultimate that easily stopped by focus fire isn’t going to work.

1 Like

The only players I’ve seen complain about Mercy saying she’s not improving or is still trash is revert players. It’s hard to take any of you seriously sometimes so honestly I ignore most of you for the simple fact you won’t seem happy or satisfied with Mercy unless she gets a revert

You all ask for people to be open minded but the moment someone says she isn’t getting a revert or Valkyrie is good you expload and call us toxic and just harass us for having a different opinion. (It feels like it 90% of the time)

Seriously it’s just you guys that don’t like Mercy, revert players… it say something something. That’s why you’re ignored, you aren’t even giving the rework a chance nor will you ever…

But that’s just my opinion from my overall experience with you guys. Not fact.

4 Likes

It’s been explained multiple times, why Valkyrie is bad, via numbers.
Numbers do not care about personal opinions, and it’s fairly obvious, that teammate with 140/300 hps is surviving better, than with 60.

It also been explained, why buffing Valkyrie to acceptable levels will simply shift balance problem it presents to next healer.

Power of Valkyrie was mostly located in multiple rez charges it provided. It was removed, and suddenly it’s no good ult.

Rework had a chance, and it failed hard.

So even though Mercy was getting more healing than every other healer at 60 is not evidence enough Valkyrie worked?

Thing is, you really only use numbers that favour you when arguing your point. You only bring up her 48% pickrate or her 50% (can’t rember) winrates and literally base all your argument about those.

Not to mention you’re arguments show heavy bias just from reading previous posts and such. I personally cannot take someone serious when they show so much bias. I don’t know how they expect people to agree that don’t have such biases.

It’s simple, Valkyrie can recieve a small rework or buffs. She doesn’t need a full blown rework or revert like most of you literally suggested almost daily.

I like the idea of buffing her healing and damage boost heavily when in Valkyrie and cutting the duration to something like 6-8 seconds.

If you’re arguing that she needs more heals then my idea (based on you opinion on her healing) should agree with you delightfully.

3 Likes

No one cares about overall healing over course of match. Healing per second is what actually matters, as it determines, if your teammate will survive all that damage coming, or will die.

And if you buff Valkyrie’s healing, you now made Coalescence too weak, and have to buff Moira, which makes you buff Valkyrie again, and so on.

Well then, if you want her healing per second to be equal to Moira or Ana ultimates. My small Valkyrie rework should agree with you. Non?

Except it will cause further problems on different hero.

It’s acceptable rework, since it finally allows to keep teammates alive, but it has not very nice consequences for Moira. Would rather avoid power race between healers, just because their ults are so similar in what they do.

Which hero would it pose problems to?

Moira? If I go into detail on the rework (which I might) it might clear some things up.

• Nerf that duration to 6-8 seconds
  • Increase that healing to say 80-100 Hps. (Chain beams so it’s got to be weaker as to not outshine Moira.)
  • Increase damage boost (can’t remeber how much it amplifies base kit so I’m not going to set a number)
  • Increase Rez cast time to 1.25 seconds or 1 second.

I’m not saying I’ve solved everything that’s wrong with Mercy but I think I’ve done a fair job at dealing with some issues.