Swap E-Rez with Valkyrie | Make Rez an Ultimate Again

Did I ever assume the ability was instant? I’m pretty sure I haven’t, so I’m not sure why you are continuing to make that assumption in this discussion…?

No matter how fast you press the button to get those 5 resses. You are still doing it one by one. That alone means that it is not a “Mass Rez”. There is no “time limit”. You are rezzing 5 people individually.

Mass Rez brings all 5 team mates back at the same time. The fact that it’s at the same time means that it is NOT the same as if Mercy rezzed each one individually.

So no… Mass Res that brings 5 people back altogether, and 5 rez charges that you pull off individually are not the same thing.

Hope this clears that up! Though I literally explained it in my past post :blush:

Thanks for projecting your opinion! What you think as repetition is subjective. I see threads that discuss the issues of Mercy as progress. I will continue to make my voice heard, as others will as well, and while you may find that distasteful, are free to merely ignore the thread. Have a good one now~! :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

1 Like

It’s been 2 years… Just let it go…

2 Likes

4 Likes

Would you want the ability to keep its cast time?

You’ll have to pardon me for asking these threads are made So much I can’t keep track of who wants what

You’re also getting multiple people in quick succession

Oh I fully understand the semantics we’re both arguing I just don’t understand why you choose to pursue arguing

5 Likes

Ironic, all things considered.

On topic: if deathmatch was added to the game, would it be optional? Would it’s inclusion generate reasonable fustration outside of “oh i don’t like this mode, I want it to swap out?”

Not right for the game =/= unhealthy for the game. The devs were right, it doesn’t fit, look how annoying some heroes are in it, and look how laughably pathetic others are, but unlike mass rez, YOU AREN’T FORCED TO PUT UP WITH IT.

4 Likes

Nope! As I’ve said since day one, I will continue making my voice heard, no matter how long it takes, until Mercy either get’s some form of Mass Rez back, or multiple Rezzes incorporated exclusively in her ultimate in the form of rez charges (as discussed previously). In the meantime, the issues with Mercy will continue, and many people, me included, will continue to post our feedback, thoughts, opinions, and dissatisfaction about it. Thanks for the suggestion though! In the meantime, I’m in it for the long run. :blush:

I would be satisfied with a 1.25s cast time. 1.75s is way to long for my personal taste, and 1.25s lines up quite well with her Heroes never die voiceline. Another suggestion would be to make the cast time dynamic, and longer or shorter depending on the number of people ressed. 1.25s for 1 person vs 2.15s for 5 people for example, is what I believe would be a fair compromise. But those numbers can change.

By definition, as I’ve said. Mass = En masse / together. Quick succession = Individual / one at a time. Mass rez =/= Quick succession. :blush:

You are responding to me with your confusion on the difference between Mass res and individual resses. My understanding of the difference between the two is quite clear, but if you still don’t understand it, I’m afraid I have done all I can for you. I would suggest just reading past posts on the explanation, reading over what I just wrote previously until you understand it, Googling it, or asking a friend. I assure you, it’s not just semantics. But if you feel like it is, then I don’t know what else to tell you there, and we can just agree to disagree on it. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

I might have believed this coming from someone else, but not from you.

From the perspective of a fellow Mercy main, I don’t think you have the game’s health and overall best interests in mind.

I think you have repeatedly eroded the integrity of your arguments with your overt and deeply-rooted biases toward Mercy.

Your obvious biases have been the downfall of your position and every thread you’ve made in support of it.

Based on your history yours is likely the only solution you will ever accept.

I do not respect your ideas not because I believe they are inherently bad or wrong in some way but because your motivations for making them are perceivably selfish.

If you want people to take you and your position on Mercy seriously, I would recommend you reassess your motivations as a player.

15 Likes

Yes.

Say lower the cost of her ult to 500, instead of 2300. If Mercy is playing well, surviving and healing her team, she’d consistently get her ult and be able to use it quickly and efficiently. If Mercy was dying and underperforming she’d not her Rez consistently and she’d generally be a burden on her team. It’d add a considerable amount of skill to the hero, while making her more impactful and less cumbersome to play. The current Rez just feels awful to use.

Valkyrie just isn’t working as ult, it’s not strong enough. That’s why it has nearly twice duration of most other support ults, to compensate for it’s weakness. Yet it also robs Mercy of power moment ultimate supposed to give.

Sure, it can be buffed(like 2x healing in exchange for 1/2x duration), but it will cause further issues with other ults, starting with Coalescence, which suddenly becomes too weak(140 hps, that are hard to apply to multiple teammates, vs 120 hps, that are easy to apply to whole team).

Fast paced game like Overwatch has no place for ults, that have only long-term possible impact.

5 Likes

I’m not confused I know the difference

and pretty much everyone knows that(under the assumption the multiple charge rez were instant) it would be fundamentally no different from mass rez

1 Like

And from the perspective of a fellow Mercy main, thanks for your opinion, but I’m going to have to disagree with you there. I believe I have changed quite a bit in my views regarding Mercy, and have been quite fascinated with the various solutions to her current issues, such as Rez charges, damage reduction, and cast time. Nonetheless, your concerns about “what you believe” from me is not something I would have a concern for, nor do I care regarding your precieved “erosion” of my integrity in my arguments. That is your opinion, and you are free to have it, as I am to disagree with you. I’m certain that there are others who feel the same way I do, just as how you feel on the contrary. And with past reverts to the hero already made, I see nothing but progress regarding her current state, though there is certainly much more work to be done. Godspeed!

And I’m sorry, but you seem to be speaking on Ad hominem there. Once again, you seem to be stuck on your perception of what you “think” I will accept, and have projected your opinion on how you “think” my motivations are. My “motivations” on Mercy as a player are ones that I am entitled to have, just as you are with yours. But thanks for the recommendations! Looking at your own history however and your views on the hero, I’m afraid I’ll be just fine not taking it. Do feel free to use that advice for yourself though! :blush:

Agreed, res certainly can use a makeover. Having it on cooldown is in my opinion, one of the worst things they have done with the ability.

I’ve been seeing that idea popping up quite a bit lately. I’m kind of curious as to how that would turn out. The closest I can think of to this in terms of ults is Tracers Pulse bomb, which has a short ult charge. I’m not entirely opposed to that idea. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

Very well. Maintain your position and observe as nothing comes of it.

The results will speak for themselves.

6 Likes

Part of me would love seeing these people making the exact same threads 2 years from now still saying ‘‘but deathmatch and brig’’

3 Likes

And the devs disagreed with you.

Difference is their opinions matter, yours don’t.

6 Likes

Considering that I am a consumer, I humbly beg to differ.

I believe if there are people who play the game who are unhappy, something most certainly needs to be done about it. And with the drop in the playerbase as a whole, I believe it will be made clear as to which opinion actually matters for this game in the end. But alas, time will tell. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

You realise that you’ll more than likely be making your voice heard long after the game stops being supported, right? I understand your enthusiasm for Mercy but I think more constructive conversation will be looking at how to expand on Mercy’s existing kit. Blizzard seem like they intend on letting Valk stick around as an ultimate, so instead of saying “bring back mass rez”, let’s talk about the changes that could be made to Valk and the rest of Mercy’s kit.

For example I had a concept for Mercy to become a stalemate breaker hero, with Valk being a single target beam which combines both damage boost and healing, as well as allowing Mercy to overheal a target for 20% of their max HP (by giving them decaying shields similar to Doomfist). Rez is replaced by a new ability which surrounds Mercy and whoever she is healing with a barrier for 4 seconds. This barrier removes debuffs (hack, burn, freeze, antiheal) and gives the protected players a 30% damage resistence. My thought process is this: The best medicine is prevention.

They got your money when you bought the game. Everything else is bonus.

You’re not wrong. Hello Games is a perfect example of this. The other perfect example was when people weren’t happy and they changed Mercy for the overall betterment of the game.

Considering people have been moaning and groaning for… however long it has been now… about Rez and Valk, I think it’s safe to say that time already told us.

5 Likes

In my opinion, it is liked by many as well as disliked by many

Your statement appears (to me) to imply that 1) the dislike is stronger thank the like and 2) more folks hold that view than the like side

I do not believe either of these to be true

2 Likes

No revert. It won’t happen :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s not coming back. I remember I once asked on the old forums if there would ever be a time that you would move on and accept that Mass Res isn’t coming back and you told me you’d give it two years. I think we very well may hit that two year point at this time.

Mercy maybe needs some radical changes to her kit(another rework) but I don’t think we’ll be seeing it anytime soon and I don’t believe that it will come in the form of mass resurrection.

4 Likes