Swap E-Rez with Valkyrie | Make Rez an Ultimate Again

Ah ffs this again
ā€¦
Let me tell you what i think. Mercy is fine. Rez on e is fine. Her ult is fine. Ther is no need to go back to mass rezz or rezz on ult.
You shoud stop looking back through pink glases and see only good times.
It does not work her or irl when someone looks back at the udssr.
So it woud be nice to stop the spam.

7 Likes

Also comparing a simple arcade mode to the fundamental balance of a hero and overall game

Brigita can still do her intended role even with the nerfs

You had 2 instant rez in a Bulk with other 50 buffs stacked on top

this is literally Just 5 singular rezes, that you have to build up individually

2 Likes

Hey look, something that wonā€™t happen!

How long do you think this meme will go on?

9 Likes

I am all in for another 3 years. It keeps this place alive

Not sure, but I would guess that they have been enjoying life doing other things, instead of keeping track of which group of the playerbase is making posts on the forums. But that may just be a hunch. :blush:

Yes and no,
Deathmatch was never added initially, but it was said to ā€œnot happenā€, it has been said over and over, and they have stated that it ā€œwasnā€™t right for the gameā€. Iā€™m pretty sure we can assume that they felt that itā€™s addition was thought to have a negative impact. :blush:

Brig ā€œsmothered diveā€? Thatā€™s quite the opinion. :slight_smile:

Thenā€¦ Itā€™s notā€¦ Mass res. Itā€™s just regular res, but five timesā€¦right? Should we also assume that Rez on E is mass rez, but you only press the button once every 30 seconds? Iā€™m not sure if I see your correlation there. :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing your opinions! I will have to humbly disagree with them. I think Mercy is not fine. Rez on E is a horrible design to her kit. Her ult is lackluster, unengaging and unimpactful, and that going back to Mass res / Rez on ult would be a perfect solution to not only Mercyā€™s current problems, but also the problems with the game as a whole, especially so with the Q spam and issues with the power creep between offensive ults and support ults. But hey! Thanks for projecting your opinion! I will continue to voice my feedback and thoughts on Mercyā€™s current state until something is done about it - no matter how long that takes. So, weā€™ll have to just agree to disagree there. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

1 Like

Rezzing multiple people in quick succession for all intents and purposes is the same as rezzing multiple people at once

No need to be daft on this

5 Likes
  • Mass res = Ressing multiple team mates at once - aka. ā€œtogether,ā€ or ā€œen masse.ā€

• Rezzing multiple people in succession = Ressing multiple people individually - aka. ā€œone at a time.ā€

• All at once =/= One at a time.

Apologies, but Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™m not the one being ā€œdaftā€ in this case. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

2 Likes

I mean sure itā€™s not like I have anything better to do

If the ability is instant, you have 5 charges, you mash the Q button 5 times and get 5 people up within a second

compared to pressing the button once and getting 5 people up

How are they both not mass rez

In both situations you rezzed a mass amount of people instantly

3 Likes

You donā€™t get anything from repeating yourself, devs have read this before many times what make you think if re-post the some thing with different title will make a difference?

7 Likes

Did I ever assume the ability was instant? Iā€™m pretty sure I havenā€™t, so Iā€™m not sure why you are continuing to make that assumption in this discussionā€¦?

No matter how fast you press the button to get those 5 resses. You are still doing it one by one. That alone means that it is not a ā€œMass Rezā€. There is no ā€œtime limitā€. You are rezzing 5 people individually.

Mass Rez brings all 5 team mates back at the same time. The fact that itā€™s at the same time means that it is NOT the same as if Mercy rezzed each one individually.

So noā€¦ Mass Res that brings 5 people back altogether, and 5 rez charges that you pull off individually are not the same thing.

Hope this clears that up! Though I literally explained it in my past post :blush:

Thanks for projecting your opinion! What you think as repetition is subjective. I see threads that discuss the issues of Mercy as progress. I will continue to make my voice heard, as others will as well, and while you may find that distasteful, are free to merely ignore the thread. Have a good one now~! :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

1 Like

Itā€™s been 2 yearsā€¦ Just let it goā€¦

2 Likes

4 Likes

Would you want the ability to keep its cast time?

Youā€™ll have to pardon me for asking these threads are made So much I canā€™t keep track of who wants what

Youā€™re also getting multiple people in quick succession

Oh I fully understand the semantics weā€™re both arguing I just donā€™t understand why you choose to pursue arguing

5 Likes

Ironic, all things considered.

On topic: if deathmatch was added to the game, would it be optional? Would itā€™s inclusion generate reasonable fustration outside of ā€œoh i donā€™t like this mode, I want it to swap out?ā€

Not right for the game =/= unhealthy for the game. The devs were right, it doesnā€™t fit, look how annoying some heroes are in it, and look how laughably pathetic others are, but unlike mass rez, YOU ARENā€™T FORCED TO PUT UP WITH IT.

4 Likes

Nope! As Iā€™ve said since day one, I will continue making my voice heard, no matter how long it takes, until Mercy either getā€™s some form of Mass Rez back, or multiple Rezzes incorporated exclusively in her ultimate in the form of rez charges (as discussed previously). In the meantime, the issues with Mercy will continue, and many people, me included, will continue to post our feedback, thoughts, opinions, and dissatisfaction about it. Thanks for the suggestion though! In the meantime, Iā€™m in it for the long run. :blush:

I would be satisfied with a 1.25s cast time. 1.75s is way to long for my personal taste, and 1.25s lines up quite well with her Heroes never die voiceline. Another suggestion would be to make the cast time dynamic, and longer or shorter depending on the number of people ressed. 1.25s for 1 person vs 2.15s for 5 people for example, is what I believe would be a fair compromise. But those numbers can change.

By definition, as Iā€™ve said. Mass = En masse / together. Quick succession = Individual / one at a time. Mass rez =/= Quick succession. :blush:

You are responding to me with your confusion on the difference between Mass res and individual resses. My understanding of the difference between the two is quite clear, but if you still donā€™t understand it, Iā€™m afraid I have done all I can for you. I would suggest just reading past posts on the explanation, reading over what I just wrote previously until you understand it, Googling it, or asking a friend. I assure you, itā€™s not just semantics. But if you feel like it is, then I donā€™t know what else to tell you there, and we can just agree to disagree on it. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

I might have believed this coming from someone else, but not from you.

From the perspective of a fellow Mercy main, I donā€™t think you have the gameā€™s health and overall best interests in mind.

I think you have repeatedly eroded the integrity of your arguments with your overt and deeply-rooted biases toward Mercy.

Your obvious biases have been the downfall of your position and every thread youā€™ve made in support of it.

Based on your history yours is likely the only solution you will ever accept.

I do not respect your ideas not because I believe they are inherently bad or wrong in some way but because your motivations for making them are perceivably selfish.

If you want people to take you and your position on Mercy seriously, I would recommend you reassess your motivations as a player.

15 Likes

Yes.

Say lower the cost of her ult to 500, instead of 2300. If Mercy is playing well, surviving and healing her team, sheā€™d consistently get her ult and be able to use it quickly and efficiently. If Mercy was dying and underperforming sheā€™d not her Rez consistently and sheā€™d generally be a burden on her team. Itā€™d add a considerable amount of skill to the hero, while making her more impactful and less cumbersome to play. The current Rez just feels awful to use.

Valkyrie just isnā€™t working as ult, itā€™s not strong enough. Thatā€™s why it has nearly twice duration of most other support ults, to compensate for itā€™s weakness. Yet it also robs Mercy of power moment ultimate supposed to give.

Sure, it can be buffed(like 2x healing in exchange for 1/2x duration), but it will cause further issues with other ults, starting with Coalescence, which suddenly becomes too weak(140 hps, that are hard to apply to multiple teammates, vs 120 hps, that are easy to apply to whole team).

Fast paced game like Overwatch has no place for ults, that have only long-term possible impact.

5 Likes

Iā€™m not confused I know the difference

and pretty much everyone knows that(under the assumption the multiple charge rez were instant) it would be fundamentally no different from mass rez

1 Like