Swap E-Rez with Valkyrie | Make Rez an Ultimate Again

again how do you expect to have a actually meaningful discussion when you have to speculate that mass rez is coming back to have said discussion these threads are only meant for people who think like you and really it’s just a poor way to trade a conversation

3 Likes

LUL

Blizzard has a much bigger problem that losing them players, her name is Brigitte!

well, they assume their opinion is the only true, fair and fun one.
How can you expect a fair discussion with a guy who thinks they’re right on arrival? I mean, they even think their word has the same value as the dev’s!

4 Likes

We were talking about RIP tire and Dva bomb. Not non-ultimate damage.

Yes but if you hide as Reaper then after 5 team mates died pop out and go “die die die” you’re basically throwing.

1 Like

“How many times are we going to have to teach you this lesson old man?”

Seriously mass Rez was unhealthy.

3 Likes

And with your resorting to Ad hominem and insults, I am left to believe you have nothing else to add or rebuttal to our little discussion. Thanks for the talk, and I wish you well in your endeavors! :blush:

That’s your opinion, and you are fine to feel that way. I think that there is always room for the possibility of testing something out and seeing if it would work. Neither you nor I knows what they actually tried with Mass res, so both views on the topic are subjective, hypothetical, and valid ones. You may see ideas and suggestions for fixing Mass res as “having no room for discussion”, but I disagree. There have been thousands upon thousands of posts worth of discussion regarding the ability and solutions to it’s problems, and the Mercy megathreads in part prove it. We’re going to have to agree to disagree on that! :blush:

I’m not sure if I understood the structure of this paragraph, but I am assuming that you are saying “how could you know if this will be balanced based on the hypothetical?” I would then ask you, “How do you know that saying a hero should be nerfed based on ‘unfun to play against’ arguments is the solution?” So far what we have seen are heroes being gutted and made unimpactful, unfun to play, and in other cases, completely different from their core roles (symmetra, bastion, etc.) If we are able to make balance changes based on those premises, I’m pretty sure we can also make balance changes based on previous iterations of a hero that was tested before, and add modern tweaks to allow for counterplay.

Afterall, both are subjective opinion, and thus, should both be tried. Not just one side of the community who feels that everything that they see as “unfun” be nerfed, simply because “muh rank” or “I’m famous, so do what I say.” No, I believe the injustice done to Mercy is clear. I believe it is time for more reverts, and will continue fighting until Mercy is engaging, impactful, and rewarding to play, not just to play against. But hey! That’s just my take on it. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

As long as you capture objective, you still can win game. Dying as Mercy with charged resurrect is, indeed, throwing.
Not saying that it’s a nice move to do that as Reaper, if you could save teammates by ulting earlier.

Maybe because devs intend Valkyrie to be offensive ult rather than defensive?

Then they clearly didn’t know their own game. Supports in general are needed, when team screws up badly.

When damage is high, and tanks are being shredded, you need someone with strong healing to keep you alive through all that chaos. You can kill with no support ults, and still get kills; but if you don’t have support ult while under heavy fire, you most likely will die.

Offensive support ult can work, if your team already is doing good, or if you have that one player capable of erasing whole enemy team on their own. But even Nanoboost, which is offensive ultimate, has defensive use in form of damage resistance/burst health on use.

first of all I have to point this out as we’re cleary just dealing in these aparently

possiblity Yes but what is the point of costant speculation over something that is for not for sure coming back again this thread doesn’t seem like it’s trying to change anybodys mind as there is very little valid evidence so it’s simply here to preach to your own like minded fourm users that think the same as you

yes those were alot more valid cause they were happening recently after the rework people were upset because mercy is very popular but it’s cleary no room for dicusstion by y’know fact if you limit you’re self to rez being a ult

you do need to realize that this isn’t the only reason it very much lack counterplay sight but yes they chose a different way to do and they very much are aware that they’re other way but which to choose is not up to you and honestly it’s you have quite a big basis against streamers understanabley so you think the are the sole reason mercy got reworked but that is simple not the case and you resent the soultion that they’ve presented you with and honestly is pretty much like I said “no room for discussiton”

i mean, you just straight up said “if the dev tried my opinion they’d see how it’s the best”.
That screams arrogance if you think your opinion is so much better than anyone else’s.
I was just left speechless. As for my rebuttal?

this guy got it covered.

Step off your high horse, you can’t just say “all opinions are valid”, while you have an opinion that goes against the GAME DESIGNER and also actig like your idea is the best.
What if they tried it and thought it was crap? You don’t know that.
I don’t know either.
So stop with all these hypotetical talk, its going nowhere.

fyi, this isn’t something you can say while saying “all opinions are equal” in the same post.

6 Likes

I think this is a good idea, but we will have to see. She isn’t unplayable but she isn’t that fun anymore, her ult was annoying yes but all ults have some value right?

Except for Mercy.

1 Like

I respectfully disagree with you - I find Mercy to be very powerful and impactful

you forgot the :blush:
At this point i wonder if the revert crowd has kept going “mercy is unfun and uninpactful” for so long and so insistently that they can’t literally think something different.
They are almost turning it into an anthem.
Scrap that, it already is.

1 Like

This needs to be put in fine print every time someone assumes that support ults are “all powerful and impactful.” :smile:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

In my opinion, all Support ults are powerful and impactful; and ergo, there is no need for any fine print

Once they do, everyone will realize how this was true all along :blush:

And thanks for offering your opinion. In my opinion, I believe that the fine print is necessary. But alas, we can just agree to disagree on that. :blush:

It is true, all ults have some value. Some are a lot more valuable than others. As for Mercy, I believe she is quite lacking in the “value” department, and still needs some compensation buffs to her kit (if not some more reverts). But that’s of course, just me. Either way yes, we will have to wait and see how these Valk buff/reverts hold up. :slight_smile:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

I have a deja-vu … have not this same thread with different wording been posted over and over the last … 6 months?

We dont need mass ress, nobody wants it.

Make valkyrie beam heal AND boost at the same time. Problem solved, Valk is now a cool ultimate.

1 Like