Swap E-Rez with Valkyrie | Make Rez an Ultimate Again

So basically another mass Rez post…ty for the insight on this subject matter we have never heard of

I’m sure the devs and everyone here needed to see this topic again

16 Likes

I think having Valk on E (even just for a few seconds) would be pretty overpowered. Valk is pretty powerful as is. I’d be able to exploit the hell out of a Valk on CD. Widow and Pharah couldn’t exist anymore around me. I’d rather just remove rez. Mercy’s kit is interesting enough for me without it.

3 Likes

A single instant resurrect as her ult at least wouldn’t detract from her fun like current rez and valk do.

I see where you are coming from there. In my opinion, a 25 second cooldown, half the original’s range, a single target beam, and all while being under a 6 second duration, would be a huge task to ask for in terms of time management. Since Mercy is designed to either Heal, Damage boost, or in Valk’s case, attack as Battle Mercy individually, I believe that while one could use it to take out that annoying enemy widow or pharah, that is a huge chunk of cooldown time that could have been used on a push or to keep the team alive. I believe there could be huge repercussions and trade offs in one way or another, and if it is in fact too strong, a mere increase in it’s cooldown should certainly fix that. But that’s of course just my 2 cents. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

4 Likes

“What Geoff had to say:
-Mercy isn’t getting any type of rework
-She isn’t getting any buffs until they see how she’ll perform with the Valkyrie buff
-They talked about Mass Rez and how unhealthy it was for the game and the “Hide and Rez” strategy that some Mercy mains liked to use
-They admit their mistake that Mercy’s balancing was too slow and the 1 year Mercy Meta could’ve been ended earlier than It actually did.”

Sauce:

:wink:

10 Likes

Um, apologies, but what does this have to do with a revert / going back on their word on past reverts?

I think it’s safe to say that it’s a good idea to take what is said with a grain of salt, and that they change their opinions on things all the time when it comes to the actual follow through. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

1 Like

This is just getting sad.

13 Likes

Can you please stop these threads, do you think if you just changed the title the complaint change? you are just repeating the some arguments over and over again, maybe get something better to discuss rather than mercy.

-Thanks

9 Likes

If the man in charge of balancing is calling something unhealthy for the game, it’s pretty apparent that it isn’t coming back.

8 Likes

It would be very weird if someone named RevertMercy was making threads complaining about Sym you have to admit

3 Likes

Res has to be an ultimate, No choice in that

but what if we try different iterations?

• Single instant rez charges, 750 total charge per each ultimate, she can accumulate multiple

• Mass rez

• Something in between

5 Likes

Thanks for projecting your opinion, but I’m going to have to disagree with you there. Has Mercy been reverted to have Mass Rez? Is Mass Rez incorporated in her ultimate in any shape or form? If the answer to that is “no”, then you have answered your own question. I will continue to post my feedback on Mercy’s current state, and I will continue to vouch for more reverts. I appreciate the suggestion though! :blush:

And if the man in charge makes statements on things like “deathmatch not coming back”, only to end up announcing deathmatch, and how Brigitte is meant to be “able to counter dive” only to make changes that makes her weak to said Dive comps, I’m pretty sure it’s apparent that they are more than willing to change their minds. :blush:

I’m open to these as well. In fact, I think the idea of building rez charges is a great one, and have made various suggestions regarding the idea myself in other threads as well, that allude to this. Nonetheless, great alternate suggestions, I must say and would love to see these ideas in action. :slight_smile:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

4 Likes

You just suggested something that’s already been tried or mass rez again

2 Likes

Rez charges that are built through healing, which are then used exclusively in her ult form, have actually never been tried in the live server, so that would actually be something entirely new with the hero, and wouldn’t really count as a “mass res”. In the very least, it would be another Rework at that point. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

3 Likes

when did we have a single target resurrect ultimate that could build up to 5 charges and use them singularly each?

theres also my “Rez as a passive” idea which is pretty unique

4 Likes

Is it just me or have Mercy posts sparked back up again? Where’d y’all go?

1 Like

Was deathmatch removed from the game?
Has it been stated OVER AND OVER that deathmatch will not be added - and indeed, that it will have a negative impact on the game?

She still gives armour, she still stuns for one second. She still counters dive, she just doesn’t smother it. :eight_spoked_asterisk:

I’m assuming its instant again because why wouldn’t it be

Never stated the amount of charges that it would cap at

It’s just mass rez except you have to press the button 5 times instead of 1

I believe that was one of the Valk perks? You had multiple instant rezes and blizz realized No

3 Likes

Ah ffs this again

Let me tell you what i think. Mercy is fine. Rez on e is fine. Her ult is fine. Ther is no need to go back to mass rezz or rezz on ult.
You shoud stop looking back through pink glases and see only good times.
It does not work her or irl when someone looks back at the udssr.
So it woud be nice to stop the spam.

7 Likes

Also comparing a simple arcade mode to the fundamental balance of a hero and overall game

Brigita can still do her intended role even with the nerfs