Suspended without playing

I’ve been getting suspended due to the submarine internet issues.

But today, I was playing on PTR, and I come back to find i have an 19 hour suspension and 100 SR punishment.

Can some mod please look into this. I didn’t even play comp. I was only playing arcade before PTR, and it’s penalized my SR and suspended me for 19 or 20 hours.

Since you are aware of the seacable cuts, it is your responsibility to avoid Competitive Play until they fix the issue. Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

I don’t think you understood or took the time to read what I wrote.

I finished playing the competitive game, and was playing ARCARDE mode where I got into latency issues, therefore I had to leave a game of 6v6 No Limit due to high ping. I quit the game, and still had no suspensions. I played PTR for awhile and when I came back to NA servers to play comp was when I found the suspension on me.

As I said, I understand being punished if I disconnect from a competitive game, but when i wasn’t even playing competitive, I don’t under this suspension, and have to think of this as a bug.

I’ve got a reply from the support team, where they said, this is more likely a bug, in which case you can edit this thread from technical support to bug report if you want.

This is where I stopped reading. You already specifically identified the issues your disconnections. While this single instance seems merely a like a matter of confusion, the point is that you are now approximately one leaver violation away from a season ban. My guess is that you’re most recent competitive had a disconnection/leaver violation of some sort, but you jumped onto the PTR afterward. Then when you returned to the live servers five hours later, you discovered that you were on the middle of your 24-hour competitive suspension.

I can’t tell you how or why this may have happen obviously. My concern is simply that if you continue to attempt to play Competitive while a known issue that affects your connection exists, you will get seadon banned. I do not want to see that happen to anyone. Competitive mode bans cannot be appealed.

So you said you stopped reading. Good support team y’all are running. Thanks for your help buddy.