Suspended from ranked for being AFK.. not even loaded in!

I decided to play ranked mystery heros for a change. While in the loading screen displaying the chosen map (Colosseo) the AFK alert appeared. I couldnt do anything but watch as the timer went all the way down and temporarily suspend me from comp. Is this a common glitch or was it a one-off thing? This was on xbox.

1 Like

I don’t think this is a bug. Afk timer starts from when you join match not when it’s finished loading on your end, so if you connection is bad or your processer is low end (probably not an issue on xbox) this can happen sometimes.
Happened to me a fair bit before I upgraded my pc.

Hello, the problem is known, it is advisable to load the shooting range or a personal game to avoid the bug while waiting for it to be fixed

1 Like

Thanks for helping. Could you quote where you saw this? It isn’t listed in Known Issues.

I think you’re thinking of the bug where you don’t actually load into the game and it says game found, then gets stuck on it for a bit before going back into queue. OP is loading into the game, it’s just taking too long when loading in and by the time they get there the AFK timer has run out.

To Op: This happens to me a lot too, but usually only in qp backfill games, never when the match is just starting. I don’t play mystery heroes that often though, and it probably gives you less time at the start of a match bc no extra time is needed for hero selection.

If it was your first match after loading into ow, trying a custom or the range first might help, but likely it’s due to either unstable connection or high ping. My pc is a toaster with very low end processer, but, like someone else said, with xbox that likely isn’t your issue. Try playing some unranked mystery heroes and try to see if people are already loaded in by the time you get there. If they are, try checking your connection and making sure to use ethernet (if you’re not already).