Suspended for playing Torbjorn

That question has been long answered from Blizzard:

One-Tricking is not bannable

Source: Overwatch Forums

1 Like

That obviously is not true, considering that they have banned multiple people and streamers for one tricking.

7 Likes

See my first post above.

Oh yes, the one where you once again contributed nothing to this thread?

3 Likes

What more is there to contribute? We can’t do anything about the original poster’s situation. Speculation only leads to gossip. I provided the most direct and effective way for a person who is actioned to investigate it with Blizzard.

1 Like

Maybe read the replies to your first post.

They want you to buy more accounts

6 Likes

To be honest if you picked torn and didn’t communicate at all like you say you might look like you are throwing. I never ask anyone swap off a hero before a game starts. But if the hero you pick is not working and I ask you to swap and get no replie… that sounds to me like you might be throwing in a sense.

I agree you should play a hero you want to but if you don’t communicate with people. Maybe try to say to them I’ll swap if it’s not working or something along those lines. The average player will except that answer and I dont think you will be reported as much.

Yeah but here’s the problem with that

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FALSE REPORTS WITH THE SYSTEM THE WAY IT IS NOW

thanks jeff you’ve failed and lied to us yet again

3 Likes

The problem, WM, is players still file false reports and since these reports aren’t generally investigated by blizzard, after x reports the player getting falsely reported gets banned

It looks good on paper, but is a very bad situation for players who prefer to play certain hero’s like Sym or Torb.

2 Likes

Dont feel bad. I got suspended for a week for playing brig. exact same situation. Called and asked if they could remove it. they refused. Sadly, that’s blizzard and their toxic community.

2 Likes

yet sadly many people keep getting banned for issues that are not bannable. and every time Blizzard is contacted about it they make excuses as to why they cant undo it. Sooooooooooooooo …looks like Jeff Kaplan is a liar… oh wait…we already knew that…

2 Likes

WM - luv ya buddy but these folks are telling the truth here.

I do not know why blizzard is telling you every ban is investigated when they simply arent, for the most part. Appeals go basically unheard. It is a very, very bad situation, except for those folks who like to file false reports.

2 Likes

truth. silenced once. suspended once. Silence was for asking a hammond to swap to zarya as I needed help on rein as a reaper and rein were slaughtering me (we lost btw.) Wasnt toxic but he got mad cause “everyone hates on hammond” (which wasnt the case… my best friend plays a REALLY good hammond. no hate towards the hero.) So reported me… even blizzard ruling says you cant be reported for asking for a swap… I even asked nicely and dropped it after he said no.

Suspension was because I switched to brig to counter a tracer. for obvious reasons tracer got made and reported. I got suspended.

2 Likes

And as Jeff Kaplan himself has also said, that there is a specific threshold where a player IS in fact throwing regardless of the hero they have chosen to play. It has nothing to do with the hero that is CHOSEN…more to do with that players effective or ineffective use of that hero in regards to their teams needs. This is a distinction that needs to be made clear. And after 12 seasons, Blizzard has failed to clearly DEFINE when someone becomes a thrower.

I don’t give a hoot WHAT hero someone wants to play. They better be good at that hero…or else they are just as much if a detriment to the team as if they were intentionally throwing or feeding.And that is the biggest pitfall for one trick players. There WILL be someone on your counter, who is better than you, who will kill you. And if you do not make the choice to cooperate with the team, so you die LESS you are effectively costing those 5 other players their SR.

So when I got suspended for playing brig to counter a tracer, I was throwing by successfully countering and shutting down the tracer?

2 Likes

I did appeal to the suspension btw. An automated message basically told me to deal with it.

2 Likes

So they said it is NOT a reportable or bannable offense to play off-meta. While at the same time letting the community, mostly teens and 20’s moderate itself with an automated ban system. It is actually laughable when ypu realize what is happening here.

They wont and more importantly, can’t change it. The whole pony show is built around this nonsense of battling toxicity or what ever they call bad words these days. If u wanna play torb you need a 6 stack who is cool or this will continue. What a joke.

2 Likes

have you tried switching heroes when you’re countered.
judging by the fact that your profile is private, probably not.

1 Like

the point here is you are “white knighting” a system the entire community knows is gamed and abused at all the time

jeff needs to re-work his system in this game
plain and simple

especially now since they ramped up and you can have your account unfairly closed now due to this toxic community and there unchecked consistant false reports

how mad would u be if you tried to login and they tell u u can’t play what you’ve paid for and it’s only because of others “opinion” on your hero pick ?

legit

jeff needs to actually acknowledge the problem and fix it

4 Likes