Suspended for Playing Symmetra

Hey here to report that I am being wrongly reported for playing Symmetra in overwatch. I’m being targeted and massively reported by players for picking Symmetra. I have an above 60% winrate and I’ve gained higher rating than any other season. i’m doing better than ever but players are reporting me for anything they can. “inactivity” “griefing” I even have players report me for using racial slurs (of which I have never done once ever).

I am being wrongfully reported in mass and now I have been suspended. Overwatch you guys have protected the fight to pick whatever heroes we want. I love your game and love playing it and I am not good at most of the the heroes but when I play I try my hardest to win and most of the time I feel I play very well, though I do have the occasional bad game.

I am very upset at this. Why should I get punished for playing a hero that you put in the game? Why should I have to deal with constant hate and harassment from other players here because I pick a hero I like and a hero that I can play well. Getting suspended for picking this hero. Getting harassed and called any and every horrible name you can think of because of this hero. Getting blamed whenever the enemy team flat out plays better than my team.

What should I do Blizzard? Should I quit your game? You have avoid teammate. Why do you need auto-suspension? I’m being constantly harassed in the game and now suspended is just rubbing salt in the wound. I’m so sick of this.

(imgur link to gm quote for proof of suspension due to reports only)
https:// imgur. com/a/sdBhpLR

77 Likes

I’ve made a thread on this as well. I’ve run into the same issue for playing her in quick play. QUICK. PLAY.

30 Likes

youre breaking code of conduct…open a ticket and appeal your ban…literally 100% of posts like this are not the whole truth, so excuse us for not believing you.

54 Likes

Here’s the thing… they are wrong to report you but at the end of the day you have adopted a play style that you know annoys almost everyone you play with so I don’t have much sympathy left.

30 Likes

Not 100%. There was that GM Torb with a great winrate that was falsely banned repeatedly, around the time that xQc started getting out of hand too. Fuey500 or something I think the name was.

13 Likes

Hell yah. its working.

10 Likes

Stevoo is a Sym main, you are thinking of Fuey500.

2 Likes

To OP, keep submitting tickets until they unban you. You have a right to know exactly why you were banned. So keep submitting tickets, and new tickets, and tickets in different categories, until a mod actually reads it.

3 Likes

Sym one-trick and is pretty toxic, so def not him.

9 Likes

Log a support ticket, if you’re actually asking for what to do. Talking about punitive actions on the forums is likely to earn you more penalties.

1 Like

My bad, thanks for correcting me

1 Like

This topic needs to be discussed. Its a HUGE issue in this game. People are immediately reported and cussed out for playing Symmetra. This needs to change.

11 Likes

yah ban them befor they enter comp

10 Likes

I just got Banned too because i play her too much i guess but in QP

I’m shocked.

1 Like

Both Fuey and Stevoo have been unbanned multiple times, as they have literal thousands of hours of video evidence showing they did nothing to warrant reports. It is rumored they have been whitelisted, and cannot be banned anymore. But that’s unsubstantiated, and should be taken with a grain of salt.

There are others who have had bans reversed, but they usually had to file multiple tickets with multiple reps to get it to happen. Tons of video evidence helps.

1 Like

Futile attempt. They will ride around it until someone in that office puts “penalty is upheld”. This is not the same blizzard anymore. It’s an unhealthy one.

3 Likes

Fuey is a nice guy but Stevoo has thrown and broken multiple rules, as well as exploited glitches. He should be banned, and not just because he one-tricks Sym

10 Likes

If you need video evidence to not be wrongly suspended then the systems in place are failing us.

6 Likes

Until they move from an Auto-Ban system to a Flag-For-Review system, this will continue to be an issue.

5 Likes

Continue playing Symmetra because the system is broken / abused. My friend is also a Symmetra main and he says a silence is a badge of honor like another poster said on hots. There’s nothing you can do about it and they won’t revoke it. This is dark times on Blizzard when dealing with their policy.

1 Like