Suspended for nothing

I’m just here in a game, waiting for the match to begin, then I disconnect for some god forsaken reason. Fine. I rejoin the match and notice that the timer for match cancellation is running out WHILE I’M JOINING. Now the match is cancelled, I lost SR and I’m suspended from comp for 30 minutes.

It’s not much of a punishment, but I’m so pissed off because I got suspended for something out of my control, something I didn’t do myself. And I don’t expect any compensation, I just needed to vent a bit.

Same here. i was queuing for comp then i got disconnected and suspended

Just queuing? Like not even in a match?

Just queuing. didnt even get into a match and then it said im suspend for 30 mins and lost sr

If you get the error message “Failed to connect to Server.” This means you were assigned to a match, but something blocked your connection from that game server. This is usually a problem between you and Blizzard and not a problem with the game server itself. Competitive rules requires the match to be automatically cancelled, and the leaver or disconnecting player is penalized appropriately. I will note the 30 minute penalty is second leaver violation penalty, so if you are having problems with this please post in the technical support forum for further assistance or check out this troubleshooting:

Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

4 Likes

All you guys have to do to fix this a bit better is to GIVE THEM TIME TO JOIN BACK. If the game hasn’t even started yet, it is hurting NO ONE

2 Likes

I’ll happily wait 30 seconds or so to give people a chance to come back.

I’ve had it happen, and friends have said the same. You get DC’d come back… almost in time.

Just giving 30 seconds could save a lot of people some real frustration. And i don’t think most players would mind waiting.

Blizzard’s idea seems to be OH WELL WE GET TO TAKE YOUR SR NOW YOU CAN TRY TO PLAY MORE IN ORDER TO GAIN IT BACK!

I have had games where I’m stuck on loading screen and I dread that I’ll get kicked off for inactivity. Last night, my game crashed in the middle of a game for server connection. I was able to rejoin, we won the game.

Just now, I was stuck on loading screen and because I DC’ed last night, it sees me as a 2nd time leaver? I get it that you can’t asses DC vs Leavers but if I rejoined the game, shouldn’t that disqualify me as a leaver? Is there no way to track that?

It’s so frustrating.

In the given situation this player would have never connected to the match, so your servers would have logs showing the connection and immediate disconnect / failure to connect in the first place.

What’s being punished here? if the player was unable to see the team they’d have no motivation to quit. I can completely see banning them from comp and perhaps displaying a message on their screen indicating it appears they are having connectivity problems.

But stripping SR from a player you can prove never connected to the match is simply lazy.

Lol dont try to use actual logic, it’s useless. I got disconnected within the first 5 seconds of the match, internet kicks back on within 30 seconds or so. Match canceled and lost of 50SR. They dont even care if you try and join back which is ridiculous

You should get like 1 free pass a season that if you get disconnected BEFORE the match or timer even starts, you shouldnt lose SR. It won’t hurt anyone

Also I just had a duo leave after we were on defense. Lost 24SR. Win my next game, won 23SR. LOL. Sorry my stats were bad because I was 3v6 the enemy team. Punish the players who dont leave

Look, it’s me again. I’m now banned for 2 hours for “connection lost”. This is just ridiculous. I get it’s an issue between player and blizzard but can you just imagine my frustration. I guess i’m just venting at this point seeing as they probably won’t really fix it.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/c54cfc8a6fbf5736fc7acf2237812b06/tumblr_pmye5bD9Zk1qamigx_500.jpg

While I agree they should work on their system…you do appear to have some connection issues. If you’re going to be doing comp you need to have a stable connection, anything else is unfair to the other 11 people in the match.

Start looking into what is going on with your internet.