Survey about Supports

Why is half of it on Mercy? There are plenty of other supports.

Best guess is that the survey creator’s agenda is to gather data to support a claim that Mercy needs to be buffed, reverted, or reworked

3 Likes

No, I do not believe there is anything within the forum CoC that says you cannot post survey results.

Blizzard ToS is for their games, and I don’t recall anything within the ToS that frowns upon it either.

2 Likes

this survey seemed targeted specifically at those unhappy with mercy.

3 Likes

That was my thought as well. It doesn’t seem like a great survey. I think she could use changes, but I’m not particularly unhappy with her either.

My understanding was that petition posts are frowned upon as they can limit discussion.

Survey’s aren’t specifically barred to the best of my knowledge and at the present people are discussing the questions. Once the data is in, people will possibly discuss it.

2 Likes

I think did you USE to play mercy a lot would have been a good question.

1 Like

Mercy is talked about more than any other support, and there is a split in the community over her.

A survey asking extra questions about her makes sense.

She is the outlier here.

I would have expected a little more around baps and maybe Zen.

A question around Moira and damage.

But given the number of forum posts. It makes sense.

7 Likes

I wouldn’t have minded a longer and more detailed survey personally (at least asking 2nd favorite support and such), but its always nice to see more feedback being compiled.

The anti-Mercy folks seem determined to paint a different picture, but we’ve seen thus scenario more than once already

1 Like

Gathering actual data and presenting with facts?

The monsters!

You are right though, this has been done before, and you didn’t like the result then either.

9 Likes

Yeah those forum guidelines must have been what I read, not sure a survey is quite a petition though it is kinda like asking for votes in an indirect, roundabout way. Thanks for linking that for clarification.

Please dont try to recruit supports for your Mercy crusade under false pretenses.

1 Like

We have had surveys before, and I don’t think any of them has been shut down.

Hell, this isn’t even the first Survey about Supports with extra Mercy questions.

All the rest came to the some conclusions, which was that the Mercy players were happy to nerf Valk and remove rez to make the rest of her kit better.

It will be interesting to see if this one is the same.

A LOT of people answered the last questionnaire.

I’m curious how many support mains always disliked Mercy. I have ever since I started the game… even on paper she is boring.

Currently it’s 75% have liked her at some point and 25% have never liked her.

Honestly I thought more would have disliked her.

Their only weakness, I presume. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

2 Likes

My guess is part of that is due to Beam healing’s popularity.

42% of the respondents thus far like it best.

The part that surprises me so far is Lucio’s popularity or lack their of.

At the present he’s 13% of people’s favorite support and 18%'s least favorite support.

A grand total of 3% like his weapon best vs 26% that like his weapon least.

11% of supports liked aura healing the most vs 31% that liked it the least.

Granted, the sample is still a bit on the low side.

Responded and taken!

Can someone make a survey for DPS?

It would be nice, since Blizz is a company that doesn’t make player surveys unlike a lot of game companies I follow, we gotta make our own

Theyre fun to take

2 Likes