[Survey] 321 opinions

[Repost from yesterday to unbury it]
Simple 3 question survey to get peoples opinions on 321
https://forms.gle/EVSjfXrkTzr8J5qv7
I’ll share the results after tomorrow probably.

Edit:
I do want to add that I phrased some of the options as kind of “extreme” one way or the other just for the fact that
I don’t want long drawn out answers.
Yes or no. If you had to pick, which would you choose this or that?
I could create a hundred different options for you to choose from, and someone would still say “well… this doesn’t exactly cover my thoughts”. I don’t want all the hoopla.
I just want do you like it yes or no with a few things added in for additional data.
Regardless, surveys are not a great way to collect concise data for these vary reasons - they’re only meant to give a general idea- not reveal an all-encompassing truth.

4 Likes

(for easy click)

5 Likes

appreciate it!
6characters

Quick question: Is this for the new experimental mode or a seperate new team comp?
Is it supposed to be 1-3-2?

yes most people have been saying 123 or 321
but yes, to clarify
1 tank, 3 dps and 2 support like in the exp mode right now.

“It needs to be actually balanced first”

1 Like

so far i’m liking the mode… i really do get that “it feels like classic overwatch” vibe from it that jeff mentioned

i can’t figure that trick out lol i know its <> something

do this
<!-- this is an html comment. anything you put between these things is ignored by whatever reads it -->

oh lol
thx

That’s quite literally
Yes, I blanked half of that sentence out by putting <> around it

What html tags work here anyway?

evidently this one LUL

“Do you like 3-2-1? *
Yes, it’s great
No, it’s horrible
Only on certain roles”

Terrible survey question. No neutral option and your agree and disagree options are both strong agrees and disagrees. I imagine a large number of respondents would disengage with this survey simply because none of those three options would represent their views. It doesn’t capture people who like or dislike without loving or hating, or people who simply don’t have an opinion on it. And no the third option doesn’t capture those opinions either.

1 Like

Which do you play normally? [most often] *

Damage

Do you like 3-2-1? *

Only on certain roles: I can only see long term enjoyment as damage. Tank/support will be miserable to play.

Do you think 3-2-1 would be nice IN ADDITION to normal 2-2-2 Quick Play? *

Maybe: I don’t mean along side QP or replacing QP. That would be horrible but as an arcade mode 1-3-2 would be ok.

1 Like

A large number of people arn’t gonna over analyze it. it’s a yes or no question on a google-form survey. I don’t work for blizzard dude.

people are ok with liking it an average amount and still answering “yes i love it”

I did multiple choice and not free answer so everyone wouldn’t reply with explanations. all i wanna see is data really.
also - as arcade it wouldnt be as beneficial because running it along side 222 qp opens the MM up to a larger pool to create games from. instead of some players in this pool and some players in that pool. some players are willing to que for multiple roles in both.

1 Like

Having it along side 2-2-2 is a bad way to go because you’re splitting up the player base for both modes making queue times bad for everyone. If 1-3-2 did make it to QP (which I don’t want as it currently is) I’d have it replace 2-2-2 entirely. Having it as an arcade mode which rotates every week or so wouldn’t have as bad an affect on 2-2-2 queue times.

actually it’d help que times. say a tank player is willing to tank for either. a dps just want to get into a game. a support doesn’t mind chaotic or casual play. people who are willing to tank in 321 but not 222. and then dps-in-disguise as support would leave the support que and just play the role they actually wanna play making the support que shorter by not blocking it up.

having it in arcade is what splits it up. it’s putting some people in this que-pool and other in that que-pool. but if we could que for both simultaneously (like how we que for multiple roles simultaneously), then the mm has a larger pool to create games from. like this >
https://ibb.co/Mk2hWh4 (super scuffed i know)

“To fill out this form, you need to be signed in”.

lolno.

I mean you are assuming people will answer it as a simple yes no but that’s not how people actually behave. Having extreme or absolutes will reduce response rates in a particularly biased way. You not working for blizzard doesn’t change the fact that if the questions are done poorly you introduce too much bias for the even be interesting as a fun exercise. You don’t need to have a super rigorous survey as it’s just a fun forum thing, but this one is just particularly bad.

Could also point out:
“Do you think 3-2-1 would be nice IN ADDITION to normal 2-2-2 Quick Play? *
Yes
No
Maybe
It should replace 2-2-2”

Should be two questions one on if it would be a good addition alongside 2-2-2 and one if it should replace it. You can have people who would like it alongside or as a replacement, some who would only want it if it replaces (those that don’t want to split the community for example), people who would only want it as a second mode, and people that don’t want it at all.