Surround Sound Questions

Um. Hi. I got a new headset (well like a month old but whatever), and I was wondering if I had my settings right or not.
I have a Logitech 7.1 headset, so I can customize whether it be DTS: X or Dolby Surround Sound. I chose DTS after extensive research and super stereo wide. I feel like this is most surreal audio you can probably get.
So, that aside, here is my actual question. Do you need to enable the “Use Dolby Digital for Headphones” option if you have a 7.1 surround sound headset? When I disabled it and enabled it, it said that enable for mono/stereo headset types and disable the 5.1 or 7.1 drivers in your headset. So currently I have it off, but is there going to be a difference if I turn it on, because I may not have interpreted it correctly.
Also, if you have some audio preferences, such as equalizer mixes, DTSvDD, etc., feel free to post them here.

If you are using a 7.1 headset, you don’t need to turn it on. It basically just gives a similar quality for stereo headsets (not a true replacement, but it sounds ok).

Ok thanks so much. I was just confused as to whether to turn it on or not. Now I don’t need to that I have a 7.1 set. Thanks so much.

1 Like

You’re welcome, happy Overwatching!

1 Like