Suprising DVA theory

So the other day I came up with a DVA theory.

I think DVA is working with the evil omnics. Every hero in the game has a distinct personality, but DVA’s ‘personality’ is that she’s famous. Lucio is famous and even he has a personality, but if DVA wasn’t famous she’d be incredibly bland- like a shell of a person.
Now why would the Omnics want to work with DVA? Well, people trust her and she has access to millions (if not billions) of people around the world. Her stream could be used to brainwash people. Her brand, nano cola could contain something malicious, and the omnics could just use a killswitch to trigger some kind of toxins. Her influence is huge and could be abusable.

It also seems like lots of things are staged. Say, what government would actually send pro gamers in suits to fight, even in works of fiction? It also seems convinient that every other member of the mecha squad gets hit, but DVA always gets out fine, and defeats them. The Gwishin would never send 5 weak robots to attack a city, but in shooting star they do. 5 disposable robots.

To me, it seems like the omnics are working with DVA to keep Korea defenceless. When the 5 omnics are attacking the city, DVA’s friend is worried because they’ll get to the city too soon- this makes me think that Korea has no real line of protection against an attack other than the mecha squad. That would be exactly what the omnics want.

1 Like

It’s just bad writing.
We don’t know anything about gwishin goals or origins yet, so this isn’t a theory, but hypothesis.

But yeah, her streams could be brainwashing, in a way that people cannot defeat real battle robots, but D.va performance is staged to make people think otherwise.
But just D.va can’t stand behind all of this, she’s innocent because nothing says otherwise.

3 Likes

a desperate government would

D.Va is not working with the Gwisin. That is absurd and goes against the character we see in Shooting Star.

They weren’t weak. They were able to learn on the spot and force D.Va to make pull off a suicide mission just to defeat them. The fact that she survived is nothing short of a miracle.

4 Likes

What i did find curious is how the actual omnic attacks in Korea are broadcasted on tv as some kind of esport tournament, showing what the squad does and everything.

I also think they are too reliant on this group of kids to defend their whole country, i don’t know if they have any line of defense but it would seem they don’t

2 Likes

This “group of kids” is a squad of trained elites. People often forget that South Korea still has mandatory military service, youth soldiers is nothing special.

They used to rely on a fleet of unmanned drones instead of pilots. But the Gwisin started jamming their controls, so now they send in pilots.

1 Like

Yeah but like i said, they rely entirely on this squad, and this squad alone, from what we’ve seen so far.

Accidents happen and they can be costly

1 Like

They’re all adults .

3 Likes

bro most of the characters could be argued as “bland” because the writers don’t develop them and also we’re limited in how we see them in a competitive multiplayer game. they’re interesting to most people because of how they remind them of something else, can project on, or make headcanons for. D.Va’s a popular character because she’s cute has nice iconography and her whole gamer thing is something that… every player can relate to whether they want to admit it or not.

(sorry for sounding curt, i’m just used to people calling every hero they don’t bother to pay attention to ‘boring’ lol). but I’ll give you kudos for bringing your speculation to the table

1 Like

I mean … you watched the cinematic right?