Supports, what's your biggest gripe with your team?

Tanks, specifically Roadhog face tanking an enemy team that has a Zen, really rustles my jimmies.

How about you guys?

Player rushes in alone, feeds and dies.

Proceeds to spam ‘thanks’…

15 Likes

Telling me to swap at the hero select screen

Like shut the hell your mouth you don’t even know me or how I play, let me enjoy Zen/Brig/Moira/Bap

I ain’t a meta slave and I don’t slack off, I just play who I like playing

12 Likes

When I call out that there is a junk rat trap outside spawn only for the person to go out immediately and die.

Or when you warn the team about an incoming enemy ult and you get ignored.

1 Like

Y U NO Mercy?

Y U NO MEEEERRRRRCY?

(I know your feelings on Mercy)

3 Likes

Callouts being ignored:

Teammate: dies to flanking enemy I called out 5+ times
Teammate: “Didn’t anyone see we were getting flanked, why didn’t anyone call that out”

4 Likes

Look I know this is a support thread buddy ol pal ol chum but ur about to activate my primal rage

5 Likes

Flanking tanks, particularly the ones who don’t help the main tank at all.

2 Likes

I don’t support much these days, but when I do, I peel like mad for the other support.

When I get hell from my team when I leave them to save the other support who has a flanker on them, that REALLY gets on my nerves. supports NEED peeling

When I switch to Baps to take out fliers, when we have no hitscan, and people complain that healing has gone down “Why is our Support DPSing?” - because someone has to.

Or people who lose their cool over me pocketing a DPS. Yes, I DID go in with that Doomfist, no it isn’t because I am teamed up, but because there was a place where I could boost him without exposing myself, and I had an escape. I am doing my job, will you please do yours.

4 Likes

Players who play slightly away from the team always being out of LoS. Yes, I play Mercy/Zen/whatever. No I cannot heal you through the heckin roof. I have to see the center of your hitbox if you want anything from me. Not your head, not the end of your gun, the middle of your hitbox.

So don’t cry to me about healing if I can’t even see you.

4 Likes

Dps who have little to no awareness about their position relative to mine (I’m Ana), so I’m on our backline and they’re up somewhere, around three of four corners, way out of my LoS, and saying I need healing, and then refusing to come to me or move into my LoS when I say “group up with me” and then usually dying and then spamming “Thanks”. Like, my guy, I was trying to work with you so we would both be safe, and if you’d worked with me I would’ve healed you and we could’ve carried on, but instead you wanted me to teleport to you or send you heals via telepathy or something, idk. Group the F up next time.

2 Likes

I can’t stand it when the other healer never heals me even when I’m on critically low HP and desperately need help. Similarly, I can spam “Help me!” and “Group up here!” when getting attacked and still get ignored by the team and left to die…

Some people don’t seem to understand that if I die, they’re most likely going to die, too. Checking on your Supports every once in a while does wonders!

2 Likes

Watching an Ana burn a nade to heal themselves?

It just hurts whenever I see it, that nade could have done SO much more, if the Ana got some damn healing from the other support.

Hell, I heal the Ana, as a S76 so she doesn’t have to burn nade.

5 Likes

I’m that Ana hahaha… :v: :woozy_face:

I don’t understand why so many Support players don’t think it’s necessary to heal their partner. I always watch out for the other Support because they make my job a lot easier, but alas they don’t seem to feel the same way.

2 Likes
  1. Anyone who overextends on Defense to get a kill. (I completely get overextending on attack, one sacrificial goat can often split the team on D and lead to capturing the point. Once you have the point, stop doing it.)
  2. People ignoring requests like “can Genji, DVA, Moira get over/around the wall and the rest of us will follow as soon as the enemy team chases” then no one gets through the point ever. (Teams that refuse to use Sym’s teleporter belongs to this too.)
  3. “I need healing” spam from someone no where near a healer. Or they’re back away from edge of the wall they are standing on and I can’t get to them ever.
  4. Tanks who have shields available and don’t use them when they see a teammmate stunned/sleeping.
  5. Healers who exclusively pocket one player.
  6. Healers who see that the other healer has gold healing and so they stop healing the other healer.
  7. No one even tries to shoot Junkrat’s tire. Seriously, if I can kill it as Mercy, everyone needs to split watch for it and shoot it.
  8. No one seems to know that the payload heals the attacker. Get on the payload, stay on the payload. Don’t let the enemy anywhere near the payload. Especially if they are the attacker.
  9. No one seems to know that our shields on the ground prevent enemy healing aura from passing. Don’t put your back to a corner and your shield over it. Use it to extend a wall and zone enemy fire and enemy heals.
  10. Lucio’s on koth maps who refuse to do anything except boop (I’ve literally had some who wouldn’t use heal auro on the point unless they were injured.)
  11. Zarya’s who don’t bubble anyone other than another tank.
  12. McCree’s who spend the entire game flanking to get off ult rather than helping peel heat off heals. Seriously, wasn’t hiding the reason Mercy got her mass rez nerfed, can we nerf McCree’s ult so he stops hiding?
  13. Soldier’s who don’t drop their heal.
  14. Mei’s that kill their teammates with wall. I get that it’s often an accident.
  15. Sombra’s that don’t realize they can use Orisa’s shield to just stand there in the open and hack freely.

I think Im easily irritated. =)

2 Likes

You don’t know how many times I’ve been asked this when I choose bastion…

I don’t think I have seen that… the spite, needed for that.

People who jump in with low health or before you manage to heal them enough

People who literally run away from me like i have the plague. It’s one of the only things that gets me on VC

“Genji, turn around”

“Tracer, please stop spazzing for a second”

“Ball, stop rolling away, there’s no medkit over there”

1 Like

If you want your ana to heal you, stop jumping around like a monkey.