Supports in Overwatch 2, we need clarification

Not sure if It was always 12 but it is on live. I don’t remember it ever being near 25 seconds.

I’m more meaning Paladins-style. Supports are much more independent and offensive yet have many abilities to support, heal and utility. I feel that’s the way to go. But time will tell.

2 Likes

That’s not the type of supporting alot of support mains want. It’s awful

I don’t mind that style of support but I already play ana bap and zen as my main heroes. I just don’t know how a hero like mercy becomes that.

3 Likes

A lot of Ana, Bap and Zen mains exist. They have the framework of Paladins style healing. More about buffs, debuffs, utility and slight healing. Support =/= heal. Immortality field, sleep dart and Discord Orb are supportive. And healers need to hold their own too.

1 Like

And? There’s still a huge amount of support mains who don’t want more dps, especially Mercy mains (which are ALOT). Forcing all the healers to be like Zen or Ana is gonna cause alot of people to stop playing

When there was 6v6, the estimated total health of whole team is as follows:

400x2+200x2+200x2=1600

But in OW2, the total health will be:

400+200x2+200x2=1200

The reduction of total health is:

1200/1600=75%(25% reduction)

It would be fine, just keep an eye on it and see.

Same here, which is why I ask for clarification by the devs. :slight_smile: Mercy, Moira and Lucio can’t survive without heals so I’m expecting slight reworks to put them on Bap/Zen/Ana’s level.

I really hope Blizzard can give them compensation for less healing but we don’t know. Hope they will clear some concerns soon.

1 Like

I can understand why the devs are trying out this radical healing change. As a support Main I was kinda scared when reading the changes but after some thinking I kinda understand it, but would change few things. And this change would also be a big nerf to pocketed heroes like Pharmercy.

I would revert the healing nerfs (back to OW1 values) and would make it so that the healing debuff should only last for 2 seconds instead of 4 seconds when getting damaged in combat or instead of 25% maybe 12.5% of healing debuff.

What many don’t know is that they increased the overall damage of Supports at the same time.

1 Like

Just remember the biggest thread of all time on this forum is about how Mercy can’t defend herself. Many agree and that is why that OP is looked upon like a goddess on these forums.

1 Like

Mercy doesn’t need that, at all. She’s a pure support

2 Likes

The problem is, she is defenseless and with that healing nerf, she’d be a literal throw-pick without buffs in other factors of her gameplay.

I’m concerned about no compensation but Blizzard aren’t that stupid.

1 Like

Pulling blaster and taking down a flanker is fantastic. I wouldn’t be mad if that was more accessible and she was a great peeler. A lot of people might not be happy though.

The compensation is their role passive. Healers passively get healed after not taking damage for a while much like mercy does in the live game. It the removal of a tank from each team, you’ll likely find that having that extra healing wouldn’t be a good thing for the health of the game.

I literally just said to you in another thread this is the problem with giving spoilers/info early…

People can’t see the bigger picture (we don’t have all the re-works/numbers/info) yet and make threads like “OMG SuPPertZ SomBrA fooD!”

Just…stop… :upside_down_face:

Very true! Survivability won’t really be a problem. The push to higher individual impact may need some changes to some supports. But as I said, Zen, Bap and Ana are completely fine how they are, especially with their role passive.

I feel like that might be something that they should look into once the game is in the hands of the players and data can be collected. I don’t feel like any supports should be much weaker or unable to get enough value through this transition. We’ll likely end up in a situation where some healers are just better than others but I really don’t think any of them should be pushed to being unplayable.

They literally poured more damage into every other role and then decided that supports need huge nerfs in utility, healing and then even tossed them a nice 25% combat heal debuff because how dare we actually do something else besides dps during combat.

How dare we play support role to yanno, heal and enable teammates.

I mean, this change is literally going to make a healthpack a better healing source than supports during a fight.

I’m just done with their balance department, this is a huge joke.

I completely understand Moth now why he didn’t like that Lucio’s sound barrier took forever to charge. He literally doesn’t have any heals to charge it with lol.

2 Likes

get ready for COD mode with low TTK lol.

2 Likes

Then buff her healing. Most mercy players don’t play her for dps, we play her for healing. Nerfing an already weak healer is dumb

I definitely won’t be playing that shi-show

1 Like