[SUPER HUGE] Stylosa on Mercy: when you stack her (Mercy) up against Moira and Ana, she's just not even on the same planet

and even after all that…she was still must pick status a few weeks ago before the healing nerf (“nowhere on the same planet”) even with all those statistics…like yeah she needs buffs…but you know she sits on a blade’s edge…she can very quickly go into must pick status again…and then that video probably doesnt exist…

10 Likes

Everybody does that. Why shouldn’t I?

2 Likes

And yet because blizz conviently added discount but instant cast rez to Ana at the same time, how much of this is Mercy getting nerfed and others getting their rightful buffs we can’t tell.

2 Likes

That’s a bit hyperbolic, isn’t it? Anyhoo, you shouldn’t do it because it is a logical fallacy that makes debating less good. People will just end up dismissing good and well written arguments with personal attacks, hypocrisy and what-not. I’d rather not have that. :sweat_smile:

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂 𝓘𝓬𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓜𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽

:shaved_ice::chocolate_bar:

Spreading positivity and ice cream, one Mercy at a time.
2 Likes

I really doubt devs are gonna do that.

Bare minimum I could see them doing is:

• Some form of Valk free flight.
  • Some form of Single Rez, with some form of counterplay.

Everything else could probably be negotiable. But a much easier sell the closer it is to the current design.

I like the overheal idea, which is what Medic has in TF2. Maybe have it give up to 50 bonus shields that decay?

3 Likes

What about the many other people who do that
They don’t get told not to use ad hominem
Doesn’t make much sense

Two wrongs don’t make a right. I’d recommend you to not follow in their foot steps. Just for you, I’ll try to call it out as much as possible whenever I see it. :wink:

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂 𝓘𝓬𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓜𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽

:shaved_ice::chocolate_bar:

Spreading positivity and ice cream, one Mercy at a time.
3 Likes

Stylosa is nothing more but gateway content if you are new or just interested in OW. If you take his word as benchmark for hero balance, you are just embarrassing yourself.

7 Likes

If you need to use Styolosa as support for your argument, you have a pretty weak argument.

9 Likes

The thing is, he isn’t my only argument. I have had so many elaborate threads with details on why Mercy needs help.

Stylosa is far from my only argument. But he certainly can help it!

4 Likes

Imagine dedicating the time you write these threads to be a productive member of society instead, you could probably cure cancer

13 Likes

and have invaded countless others.

Second of all, almost every one of your arguments have been disproven. So far, I haven’t been keeping a track record of it all, but on many fronts you and others, are wrong.

11 Likes

Why do we care what Stylosa says?

4 Likes

The reason she’s outdone by the two is because of two things.
One that’s all Moira provides is Raw healing and lots of it.
And two is skill ceiling differences between Ana and Mercy.
Ana requires her players to be mechanically skilled to be getting these huge healing numbers. Mercy didn’t, she only required you to stay alive.
This isn’t a bad thing either. this just means that putting time into getting good at higher skill ceiling heroes results with better results. Mercy’s focus shouldn’t be sitting in the back playing for passive heals. You need to start being more aggressive and giving value to your team with Dmg boost and RES. She’s not supposed to be pumping out Moira or Ana level healing for free.

3 Likes

I don’t think the idea of making squishy heroes too tanky would be an issue. First off, when they talk about overheal, I feel like a good way to implement this would be in the form of temporary shields like Lucio ult and Doomfist’s passive so it wouldn’t be all that difficult to play around. Secondly, we’ve had and still have heroes that make squishies tankier and it doesn’t really seem to present that much of an issue i.e. Symmetra’s old shield generator/shield ability and Brigitte’s rally. Brigitte’s is a bit more controversial since it’s armour and it’s Brigitte but right now we have no character that provides their team with shields outside of an ult and I feel like this addition to Mercy’s kit would be a welcomed change

1 Like

*feels like trash

She’s getting 1k less healing than Moira, and 1K healing more than Ana.

They’er still upset at valk, and claim she’s not fun when they only mean her ult, and ignore the fact that she has gotten her mobility buffed to such a degree that it adds a whole new dimension to her.

She still has her fundamental kit, and fundamental stats.

She’s the 5th most picked hero still, this week, and her winrate is only less than 1% lower than Ana’s.

She’s b a l a n c e d. if you only liked Mercy due to her mass rez, then I have bad news for you. But her base kit is still the same, and she still holds a tremendious amount of Power.

The ONLY difference between her and any other healer, is that Mercy is an entry-level hero. She was designed to be that way. And for the “b-b-but now I can’t play her at a high level now, and now it feels like I can’t play her”- yeah, it sucks that her design is kicking in right now, but the ONLY thing keeping her viable at all tiers, was the fact that she held SO much power, over other supports, and over metas. Brig is also facing this. Her power is too strong, so her being an easy/entry-level hero is giving her massive success.

Here’s the thing. I’m not hypocritical. I love Bastion, but even I recognize the fact that he will never be on par with McCree, Soldier, or any other hitscan. But the very buffs I advocate for, are for the undoing of his gutting, which took place 1 week after his rework. The Mercy mains honestly have nothing on him because it took 6 months to tone her down from OP, to must pick, and another 6+ for her to finally be balanced.

I can play Bastion barely at a Diamond level, however her is not the only hero I can play at that level. I can play Pharah and Junk which are my other mains, and a wide pool of heros. If you on Mercy is the only thing keeping you at a high level, should you even be there?

true, and even then she only has ~1k more healing than Mercy currently.

also true, Mercy is a hero you pick up when you first start, not onetrick into GM because you know the hero and out.

This is very much the same for Bastion, and thus I have VERY specific buffs I want for Bastion.

7 Likes

It baffles me why people think Ana putting out more is crazy. Like Shouldn’t a Doctor provide more to society than a plumber.

Can’t deny that and she’s not a must-pick anymore so I’m happy. I’m gettimg tired of this

2 Likes

Mercy valk rework was succesfull she was on the meta for 1.2 years she have less than 3 months not being meta.

A bad rework is Sym 2.0/3.0 or bastion 2.0 they are considered troll-pick

Everytime i play Mercy even on master nobody complain or ask me for swap ana/moira or report me.

5 Likes