(Super) Global healing debuff in OW2?

I used to be in the mindset that they’re really trying to make everyone play DPS for some strange reason, but hearing more makes me think they just don’t want anyone playing this game.

It’s not fun for supports watching their teammates die due to some weird arbitrary restrictions, and it’s not fun being the teammate who dies since not enough healing went through because maybe one bullet hit them. Whoever thought of that idea needs to seriously re-evaluate their calling in life, because game design isn’t it.

2 Likes

I dont want buff tho?
I want more nerfs, dmg is as problematic at this point, and they both need to go down.
Im for nerfing everything down.
Even supports dmg would have to be nerfed for it, everyone no excuses.

2 Likes

before anyone tries to bring up “oh but paladins does this just fine and to a higher % anti heal”, it’s not a fair comparison because supports in paladins are much more designed to doing more than just be a heal bot compared to most supports in OW.

like every support in OW has a spammable heal method whether if that’s weapon fire, aura, whatever, and their gameplay has been centered around being able to switch to that at any time on demand (which in context of OW whereby there’s simply very little sources of healing unlike paladins, it’s really frequent).

This is a big problem. and unless they start redesigning supports to actually be expected to do more than just heal most of the match time and to be able to do so more feasibly for with meaningful value, supports are basically :skull:

The only way I see them salvaging this without a 180 in game direction is to make the supports the peel class.

You think they’re just gonna nerf the Support’s HPS and not compensate them for it? lmao. Watch her damage boost and rez both get buffed rofl then you’re gonna be whining even more when that smurf Cree is getting 50% damage boost and rezzed every 15 seconds

2 Likes

Apologies, I misread your post! :slight_smile:

I suppose but the point of nerfing healing in-combat is to ‘help’ damage so nerfing damage as well might put as back to square one. :thinking:

Another ‘nerfs must have a buff’ person.

If the devs think healing is too high and it’s lowered across the board it’s for the health of the game.

It’s like when we had the global ultimate nerf, they didn’t go and buff every hero to compensate… :rofl: :upside_down_face: :thinking:

2 Likes

I mean yea Blizz literally did that with all the tanks they nerfed :skull: Less defensive power for more offensive power and utility. That was their entire design philosophy for the OW2 tank changes/game

Why would the same not apply to Supports if they are lowering their healing? :rofl:

Yeah cuz the Devs always do whats best for the health of the game LMAO :rofl: you must be new here

Throwback to when it took months of Pros and casuals demanding them to revert powercreep damage buffs for them to do it. Throwback to it taking them a year to give Mercy 55 HPS with multiple pros and the entire forums saying she needed it. Throwback to them taking a year to get rid of GOATs. Wooo! Devs are always right!

Cuz they are totally having Pros playtest it early and give their feedback to not help them figure out how to balance it, right? :rofl: :upside_down_face: :thinking:

5 Likes

That would be fine. At least the bugger won’t survive a duo or 3 person dive without the sustain anymore.

h ttps://overwatch.fandom.com/wiki/August_13,_2019_Patch

Global ult cost increase patch for the health of the game :rofl: :upside_down_face: :thinking:

I like when people post self-L’s :rofl: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Your entire posts must be satire :weary:

Why should you instantly win a 2v2?

And idk how Mercy alone with her 55 hps makes it so that DPS heroes cant die unless 4 people focus them. LoL?

Or even better, attack the Mercy.

1 Like

Ngl that’s exactly what I think.

1 Like

Me: makes comment about health of the game

You: insults me saying devs don’t do that

Me: provides evidence of devs making changes for the health of the game

You: resorts to insults

You can’t make this stuff up… :rofl: :upside_down_face: :thinking:

I still can’t believe this.
I don’t understand why they think these changes will make playing support attractive to people.

I really wish the Dev’s would explain their thinking on the role, and maybe outline what, if anything, supports will be better at in OW2. Because if all they have to look forward to is being flanker targets that can’t win a duel AND can’t heal their team then what is the point in playing.

1 Like

I feel like this is a decent nerf, she’s still the undisputed healer in terms of pocket healing.
It’s still a good damage mitigation option, considering that she’s still by far the most mobile out of all the healers and consistent healing throughput.

How is a nearly 20hps nerf fair lmao

2 Likes

You have to play tactically now, because you’re not in god mode when pocketed.

I never said that.

Some dps have their own sustain stacked with the healing, duh.

I don’t get people that say this. If winston dives a pocketed widow that has no grapple, the mercy can just fly to another player while winston would have to wait for his jump cooldown. GA on such a short cooldown and mercy movement in general is so busted and so easy to execute. The pocketing sustain she provides combined with her movement is what makes her so slippery.

1 Like

It all depends on numbers
Thing is, that tbh to really fix the problem they would have not to do “global” nerfs, but look at each hero and nerf them in some way more than other.
Not like “everyone dmg go down” but look at each ability and base dmg, and look what could be seen as to problematic with lower dmg.

Only buff i would consider would be for zen orb healing in this scenario, since teammates already complaining on his heals being bad (even if zen with his ult can out heal main supports) but again its if we look at it without nerfing dmg.

Well if you reduce healing “because people aren’t dying” and then reduce damage as well you’ve effectively re-created the same problem with new numbers… :wink:

Utility Supports come back? Symmetra? Let’s go-