Suggestions for Mercy from someone with too much time on her šŸ“

IMO this is what we are trying to run away from. The constant piling of abilities and buffs to Mercy, this is how she ended up OP. the OP post is good cause it is realistic acknowledging Mercy is already strong so remove this and that to get that not

not enough given the target is immune.

See, why canā€™t more Mercys mains make threads like this?

So many just complain and say she is trash for no reasonšŸ˜‚

2 Likes

I love these suggestions! I find my team could use a Mercy quite often, and while Iā€™m always happy to fill, something about the idea of playing her still fills me with dread. She never really challenges me in the way I want Overwatch to. Would especially love the changes to valk and the skills of needing to be able to prioritize & be extra aware of all teammates needed there. Could also call for more coordination between Mercy and teammates because single beam valk + some ults like whole hog could be super useful.

Damage boost already gains the Mercy player ult charge - For example damage amping a Daby D.Va when she uses Self Destruct could net you anywhere from like 2-22% ult charge for a split second of damage amp.

1 Like

Jelly, your jam is showing :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been to the forums, made my IQ drop. All your dumb suggestions, itā€™s time to stop. If youā€™re not a grandmaster then Iā€™m just gonna mock.

2 Likes

But whatā€™s the point of balancing around the other ā€˜extremeā€™ (the OWL) who represent a infinitesimally small portion of the player base?

If Blizzard wants Overwatch to be both an e-sport game, and a game for casual players, theyā€™ll have to find a middle ground, somewhere.

5 Likes

Then perhaps having them resurrect with less hp that Mercy would not gain ult charge from (similar to how she canā€™t get charge from healing self-harmed damage)?

I give it 9 minutes unfortunately

Do you happen to know how the ult charge is calculated? Iā€™ve heard you get points for the 30% extra damage added by the beam, but that doesnā€™t make much sense for a D.Va bomb(because it one-shots almost all heroes anyways)

just keep buying lootboxes until the best skins unlock :clap: :clap: :clap:

Because theyā€™re playing the game at its best.

There isnā€™t a reason to give Widowmaker a higher firerate because people in Gold canā€™t hit enough shots for her to be viable. If the players in Gold git gud, they can play Widowmaker viably at any rank.

1 Like

From what I have seen, no hard math anyway, the damage amplified that Mercy offers is giver to her in ult charge as if she was the one who did the damage.

Wow i did not know this.

Oh, heā€™s about ready to reveal himselfšŸ˜”

You would need to do that. The chain healing would be something around 30hps per second, which canā€™t keep a team up by itself. When you heal on teammate up, you can switch to another one without leaving them with no sustain.

Mercy is balanced right now, dude. :v

But you do realize that this canā€™t work for every hero? Some heroes that are currently weak in OWL would absolutely destroy if buffed.

Widow is a pretty good example of a case where Blizzardā€™s approach works, because Widow has a high skill floor and ceiling. But Bastion, for example, is a far more difficult beast to tame. Heā€™s pretty weak at higher levels, but is very strong at ranks where coordination ainā€™t that good. Or Torb, whoā€™s considered a troll pick above plat, but is somewhat decent below that.

Even if she were balanced (which I find she still has a bit too much power), she is not an engaging hero which is never good game design.

1 Like

But at the cost of non-healing is damage boost going to be worth it? Thatā€™s what a lot of people ask when they mercy in my team even though I could have killed easily than have that extra heal for a longer fight. Just fearing if rez completely relied on healing it might turn many mercy to just heal all the time.

Wow never knew you could damage boost a dva bomb. Shows how bad Iā€™m at mercyā€¦ ty for info