Suggestions for Mercy from someone with too much time on her 📝

Does it though?

In most cases I would agree but if this idea were implemented Mercy would essentially get double value out of such an act.

So yes, the enemy team would get ult charge but Mercy would get ult charge and her res at the same time.

Thank you for the laugh

Sadly she isn’t an exception. She’s gonna end up in there like the rest of us :weary:

3 Likes

I really like these ideas.

The “Resurrect via resource meter” idea was one I saw floating around and liked, but I forgot about it. Seeing you bring it back up and flesh it out is nice.

I don’t really know when Blizzard will get back to working on Mercy (if ever), but I think they should consider this design when they do.

Oh no. If three monthes isn’t enough time for the hate to die down enough for the mega-thread to no longer be a thing Mercy is definitely on Blizzards secondary list,
It might take longer then any of us want but she is on their list in some capacity I assure you.

Regarding Valkyrie:

(Did not quote properly, sorry)

I would go even further with a 8-10 second duration and more potent effects. 12 seconds of 90 HPS/45% damage increase on a single target and one (potentially 2 if the player uses Mercy’s pistol) use of Resurrect at half the cast time is pretty underwhelming for an ultimate, especially considering that you are simultaneously proposing a 20% charge requirement increase.

This is better than what we have on live servers, considering that it actually requires target prioritization, but it still leaves a lot of other problems with the ultimate:

• Flying as far away from the fight as possible and therefore being completely disengaged is a good thing, as it minimizes risk without compromising any reward.
  • Valkyrie is still underwhelming and underpowered when compared to the ultimates of other healers (although this kind of has to be the case if the developers insist on keeping an ultimate on Mercy’s E).
  • Free flight without any limitations other than flight speed just isn’t interesting; Guardian Angel is far more fun to use, yet the only targets to use it on are the ones on the ground when your objective is to gain altitude.

If Resurrect must stay as an E ability (which I prefer that it does not), this is the way to go. The cast time will still be a pain in the rear, but I could set that aside because I would actually have interest in playing Mercy (and Overwatch, for that matter) again.

Now that I’ve criticized your suggestions, I might as well leave some of my suggestions here for others to criticize. These suggestions are pretty old, and I’m literally copy/pasting the following quote from my last megapost:

6 Likes

They confirm its not instant by saying in valk the cast time on rez is halved

The thing about giving Mercy a cast time + LoS on Mass Res doesn’t work. In Beta, Mercy was ROOTED in place for 1s to have a 40m Resurrect radius. It was crazy huge, and if Mercy tried to use her ultimate anywhere near enemies, she was dead while rooted to res. It was scrapped for a 15m, no root res, which was still too weak because it made Mercy’s ultimate a suicide mission to re-engage a 5v6. Blizzard couldn’t really think of anything to make Mass Res feel both fair and fun for the Mercy players and the enemies. It was either overly counter-able or extremely annoying. I think Valk on E (obviously extremely nerfed from its current form) with no invuln would’ve been an amazing fix, but Blizzard didn’t go that route. Funny how we looped right back around to a rooted res. Except this time it is for 1 target within 5m. Lmao

2 Likes

Yes please, these are much needed

1 Like

I’d rather connect rez to the ult in some way and give us an instant rez. Just one or two at the most because cast time is non sense and instant cast mass rez while annoying was never OP statistically.

2 Likes

Waste of a post, A hero should not be reworked or buffed because you are not having fun playing said hero. Especially, when said hero is in a better spot than most of the heroes. Mercy currently has a near 85% Pick rate in the OWL right now, compared to Ana who has just 1.81% Pick rate.

Why then, was it completely justifiable to rework a hero because they were not fun to play against, a given in a competitive PvP game?

10 Likes

Hey titanium, sicne you’re like the master of feedback what would I have to do to get you to weigh in your cirticisscms of my cirtisiscms on the post I recently made trying to identify the problems and provide simple-ish solutions to?

You would have to provide a link to it and give me some time to make a reply. :smile:

let’s see if that worked for linking if not then well I’m hooped cus I don’t have enough trust to post links

You do know that compared to most other support ults it’s one of the worst…

1 Like

Have to give props to a person who’s actually logical, blizzard implement this asap.

1 Like

A friend linked me to your reddit post. I was about to give up on the fight for Mercy but you’ve brought me back. So here I am to repost the same idea I’ve made 3 times now.

Deep frustrated sigh

My opinion on Mercy is that she suffers the same affliction as Symmetra. The problem with both of these supports is they have the highest mobility in the game -> bringing a dead hero from spawn to the battlefield almost instantly.

The TLDR of my long support post for Mercy and other utility supports is that they should have ‘ultimate stacking’. The idea being the longer the game carries on, the more value a utility support brings. Whereas DPS supports give an immediate value to the team fight.

The change I had in mind was to remove Valk as an ultimate and then replace that with rez. Except this time, players may stack their revives. This does 2 things: it allows rez to be earned again and brings back mass rez. However, when a player uses their ultimate with Mercy, they spend all their revive stacks to revive- regardless of how many targets they in fact revived (with possible rebalance changes in the future).

I felt this was an easy middle ground. Since Overwatch Devs can’t get rid of rez (as it is a core of Mercy’s identity) and it keeps Mercy 2.0’s engaging gameplay.

Other tweaks could then be made based around this. Adding a famous ‘cleanse’ idea for her ‘E’ and possibly, if needed, adjusting her mobility to compensate for her new buffs.

However, the core of this idea is essentially building a Mercy 3.0 since Jeff said personally he wanted to put “a revert to rest”.

2 Likes

Original Mercy was broken in solo queue and mass rez took away from the core of the game. The reworked Mercy was just disgustingly broken and the worst period in the whole of Overwatch.

For me the only thing I don’t love about Mercy is her Ult.
It don’t feel like ult at all. You can’t protect / counter ult your team like a Zen, Lucio, Brigitte.
Moira load faster and do damage and she’s even easier to play than mercy…

Mercy need an Ult who feel like you do something important.
Not just be the “ultimate heal-bot”

Same fight for Orisa Ulti. That don’t feel like an Ult.

1 Like