[SUGGESTION] Sombra changes - Anti-armor

After watching the recent interview with Danteh regarding the changes to Sombra on the PTR, I felt he made some really good points regarding Sombra’s place in the current meta.

I came up with three changes to Sombra’s kit that should help her perform her role as a harasser more effectively, while also adding value to the team comp.

All changes are based on Sombra’s current kit. Throw the PTR changes away.

• Keep the translocator how it currently is now (lasts for 20 seconds, can’t be killed) but let it be cancelled by holding ‘E’ for 1 second.
    This lets the player cancel a bad throw without having to ‘find’ where the translocator landed.

• Stealth stays as it is, however taking damage causes Sombra to flicker, same as if she runs into an enemy. Anything that knocks back or stuns will cause Stealth to break.
    This should make stealth more reliable for the player, but still allowing the enemy team to find Sombra when stealthed. Will also add more add more utility to McCree’s flashbomb and Pharah’s Concussion Blast. Should also allow stealth to assist in escapes

• Hacked targets receive no damage reduction from armor (but will still keep the health added by armor, if any was granted).
    This will give Sombra a specialty no other hero has (anti-armor), and can be a good trade for her poor damage and accuracy. Additionally, this will not completely negate Torbjorn’s and Brigitte’s skills, as players will still receive the heath bonus the armor provides.

I’m interested in hearing what everyone thinks about these suggestions (of any of their own), just keep the discussion civil.

3 Likes

I like it, I like it a lot

1 Like

The changes to the armour is the most interesting part, especially when the current meta relies so heavily on tanks and off tanks.

1 Like

I actually quite like the armor suggestion

1 Like

I like the idea of stealth just flickering when she takes damage, and the stun/knockback thing is a good trade off :grin:

1 Like

This is the most interesting part, right here… I love it.

1 Like

I know I made some improvements to the current PTR Changes for Sombra right here. Improvements to Sombra2.0 Check it out and let me know what you think about it.