Suggestion for a new hero (Lore and more...)

Good morning everybody, I create a topic about a new charater and I would like to share it and collect your opinions.

Thank you all and have a good day ! =^_^=

--------------- Edit the 07/09/2019 at 19h31 from France --------------------

• Part 1

Hello Everyone, thank you all for making this game awesome.

I might have an idea for one of our next Hero so tell me what you think of it.

Excuse my English by advance, I am French so i am trying my best.

I am still working on it also.

I have a story with logical lore and could open some other character lore ( If not done before by Blizzard ^^ ), multiple voiceline (around 15), multiple dialogue possible ( around 9 ) at least 2 full skillset ( around 8 skills different ), visual reference for her look, attitute, skills and weapons.

I do not have personnal drawing usable I believe (trying my best but I am not drawing for long ^^’)

Gonna explain 1 thing each day I think and repost the whole each time ^^

Here some to chew…

First things first, She is a girl ( I have the name, won’t tell you =^_^= )
From an Indou village between mountains and a large forest, she trained since her birth with her step-father who is a Kalaripayat teacher.
Since his step-father found her, he knew something was odd but he is the kind of person to help whatever it cost, like father like daughter they’re saying you know.

She is a kind and generous person with profound bounds with nature, doesn’t have much but share her part when she can to anybody in need.
In contrast, she is fierce at training everyday with her step-father, learning at school between training sessions…

• I have a lot more of her story and backstory but enought story for today.

One of her skill, she can grip A LOT of things even if she is super slim and hang on them for some time if she want. (Active)

On top of that, she can use things to step on them and jump higher. (Passive)

• These two can be combine with some other skills I have in stock of course.

That is all for tonight, will tell you more tomorrow …

Maybe…

- Part 2

NEXT PART !!!

Hello !

Hope you are fine.

Now let’s go.

One more skill, actually link to her primary fire :

• ( Active )
    She can throw HARD her weapon and make it bounce 2 times.
    Take some time to cast ( like 0.5 second, time to “charge” the shot )
    No aoe, projectile, speed is between Sigma’s primary and Genji’s shurikens
    Just affected by gravity a little but she have something in her sleeve that may change that… Can’t tell you yet what it is ! =^_^=

HINT: Her weapon is Indou

I am in a good mood so I’ll tell you she have another “weapon”, Indou too and quite easy to guess but the two weapons do not have links between them…

What could they be ?

Let’s see at the end of the week…

Have a good day (or night !) =^_^=

- Part 3

Hello peoples !!!

Let’s go for another shot !

You must know Roadhog’s hook, right ?
Well, it pull people to him…
My second weapon can do the opposite, on the same targets than the “grip”…
Did I mention you can “melee” when you are ‘‘griping’’ ?
The “grip” is going to work with spacebar “holding”

Some more Lore now :

Her ultimate is related to her story, it is a little push from Fate and enhanced some of her skills but disable some others.

Because of her special ability ( not revealed yet ) she can get close to Bastion, Hammond, Winston,
Lore > Ana, Genji, Sombra, Mei, Lucio, Zenyatta.

She will go through a lot of “injustice” while training and living with her step-father, which will change her attitude and perception of the world she is living in.
But she will learn as much bad as good behaviors, also her special “status” will form some of her attitude even though she did not notice it in her early age.

This is already enought for tonight.

I have still a lot to say, I am keeping almost all the little details about almost her design…

See you later !!! =^_^=

- Part 4

Hello dudes !

Here something concrete

One of the two weapon is … Some may have guess it is a “Shield”
Okay let’s go insult me !
Done ?
Let’s go read the following
This shield is indeed… unusual, you can throw it to an enemy and You, yes YOU will be pulled to your shield … and then the enemy.
if you miss you still will be pulled by you shield where it land ^^

Unusual like I said but still it can be wield in front of you to shield ONLY your head BUT you are going to said
“Holy crap, again a shield with 3rd camera view, so lame ! Welcome to PUBG !”

Now, if I say nope, you say I am crazy in a different way because unless the shield is made of barrier-like material or crystal something transparent you can not see through it…

And I say no, he is full solid material like steel or iron, will be at First Person view and You will be able to see through it but only You…

Yes I still know something about her story you don’t ^^

Maybe a hint ?

Okay

Let’s say “Lotus” and “Amethyst”

Part 5

Good morning Engla… hum sorry ^^

So lets see for another skill :

• A throwable item (almost same physics that Ana grenade), which can create a zone like a sphere, will “Blind” everybody inside except the one who throw it (even his teammates) and the sphere is totally opaque for both team.
    Stay 5s and “Unblind” when you get out of it.
    No damage. (active)

Thats it for today, maybe no update tomorow, I’ll give you something special for that ^^

See ya !

Part 6

Let’s go Blizzard !

Let’s talk design.

Quite some time from now, I start writing ideas, out of the blue, from time to times.
And in the end, my character just come in a blink of and eye.
I wanted a 3 stars difficulty hero, dps, able to use walls in a way and a female.
A lot of months later, i had another idea that just complete the puzzle and this character just came to life.

At first, when I tried to write a story, she was a bad-girl, Chaos-Neutral like, but she was not in a lore friendly path so I just rewrite it and it come to the story I kept.

Now, Shadya is more Good-Neutral, flanker, a lot of vertical mobility, 1vs1 hero, good assist, can create openings for his team, etc…

Now let’s see some conversations with others ^^

• Zenyatta = “It is surprising to see you here.”
    “How is the Balance doing ?”
  • Shadya = “It is going well, as long as you are fine Master Zenyatta”

Formal but friendly, theses two can “feel” eachother because of the proximity (origin) of their powers and believes. Even if the method are not similary.

• Reaper : “Who ask the Eye here ?”
  • Shadya : "Nothing that concern you, “Soldier” "
  • Reaper : “We are keeping an eye on you”
  • Shadya : “Us as well, mister R”

Very formal but a little hostile, difference of manners and goal, however these are in two different organisation whose acknowledge eachother and know the power on the other side.

• Shady : “Your bird really like you !”
  • Bastion : “Beep Beep BOUP !”

Shadya loves nature so she is friendly with bastion because ganymede trust Bastion

• Shady : “Protect and serve !”
  • Sombra : "You should not say that here you know ! XD "

These two are very friendly, quite same goals but they know eachother for a long time, almost same attitude, arguing on methods thougth.

• Genji : “What a cute little …”
  • Shady : “NINJA ! I love Ninjas !”

Groupie mode ON ^^

• Shady : “i am so hungry…” belly noises
  • D.Va : “Hello, you want some ?”
  • Shady : “Oh thank you so much !!!”

D.va and Shady trade information to eachother because of their positions, they sympathise quickly because of their believes.

• Shady : “I believe there is a little cute fur ball behind this steel plate”
  • Hammond : “happy noises”

Shady = Nature ^^

Thats all for now ^^

Let’s see what’s next tomorrow =^_^=

PART 7

Sorry for the 2 days without update ^^

I’ll see if you can forgive me with whats following…

• Primary weapon :
    The character can duplicate with her special ability and throw “Chakram(s)”(around 5/6 in stock)
    They can bounce of anything 2 times (3 hits in total), each bounce divide the damage by 2
    (100% damage on first bounce, 50% damage on second bounce and 25% damage on last touch)
    The bounce obey the angle of throw.
    They are projectiles

The Chakram is used by Sikh soldiers in India, they can have different size but they are originally small circle of metal, throwable with fingers movement
or hand.
The movement is quite similar to frisbee and I suggest watching this video

Sanatan Shastar Vidiya - The Chakar /Chakram

Which is very instructive and also Ultimate Frisbee sport, can allow different throwing style.

Tomorrow I promise I will tell you more about her Ultimate ability I choose and some more stuff about her Lore… maybe…

Tell you about her special ability I am teasing since the beggining after tomorrow.

See ya ! =^_^=

Part 8

Hello everybody !

So the ultimate is… a transformation.

You will be possessed by a Leopard Spirit and so acquire his full strengh…
Yes you read it well.

The Fps POV should be lower (lower than Torbjorn) really close to the ground.
No more Chakrams or Shield.
Her skill to “dash” and “grip” will be enhanced, to be precise, you will be faster and stronger.
The “grip” on enemy will stop them and you can drag them and initially, I forgot to tell you that chan you “dash” in a direction whan you “grip” on an enemy, this enemy will be push in the opposite way.
In “Leopard Spirit” Mode (Ultimate) this will be stronger and faster.
The melee damage are enhanced too because of claws growing on your hands and feet.
You will look like if Naruto goes in berserk mode before mastering Kyubi, actually very similar but with more orange color with “dots”.

Now some Lore.

Do you know the differences between felins like Jaguar, Leopard and Cheetah ?

Jaguars are massive, around 100Kg, not really climber but they have a very powerfull jaw and they are stealthy

Cheetah are, of course, very fast and slim, around 50Kg and can hide to hunt as well.

The Leopard or Panthera which is actually the same thing, the only difference is the color of their fur, cause of a mutation.
The Leopard is middleweight, all in muscle expecially pectorals ones, with big paws and claws that allow them to climb on trees.
Weigth more or less 60 Kg, the particular thing is… they can climb, with a prey of their weight in jaw… the prey can even weight a little more than the Leopard !

Now the lore is here.
Shadya will meet this “Spirit” and will interact with him, and they will go on an agreement between them.
One will be the vessel to the other and the other will grant the one with power.
But there is a price to pay… some may thing this price is just a curse and the others seek it all their life…

I wonder what we would have done if that choice appear to us…

That it for today, hope you enjoyed it.
I’ll try to fix some part and maybe repost it after some cleaning.

Let’s see later ! =^_^=

Part 9

Hello !!!

Might be the last part but … well I don’t know, I have still some little things to show and do, I get some ideas in the process here so… Let’s see =^_^=

Now is the time for you to finally discover her very own special ability.

Ready ?

She have the “Third Eye”.

Let me explain, the “Third Eye” is a little different from a culture to another but have a lot of similarities.

• 1 The “Third Eye” is a powerful thing, locate between the eyes or on the low part of the forehead.
    _
  • 2 Generally associated with the purple color and the amethyst stone
    _
  • 3 It is suppose to grant the possibility of greater perception of every senses,
    that sensibility upon natural and supernatural events
    _
  • 4 It is also a powerful “gate” of chakra, it need to be carefully open because it can cause a lot of trouble inside the soul, spirit, and body, because of that you need to open the other “gates” between 10 or 7.
    _
  • 5 The “benefits” of the “Third Eye” are vast, from the better perception in general and about people, to a better intuitive comprehension of things, also you might be more idealist and imaginative, open mind, telepath in a way, have “clairaudience” understand here you can hear supernatural things.

There are a lot more things about the “Third Eye”, I let you see by yourself if you want to know more ^^

So, now you are able to understand a lot more Shadya’s skills.

• She made a “contract” with a Leopard spirit because of the “Third Eye” of her
    (she can see and talk with him like this),
    she is like possessed but she have total control of her powers and her mind is full clear when she use them.
    _
  • The chakrams she use in primary fire are made of energy from her “third Eye” and amplified by the Leopard, that why they can bounse also.
    _
  • The Mighty Throw is actually her physical Chakram covered in energy.
    _
  • She can see through her shield when she protect herself because of the “Third Eye”.
    _
  • The Sandball which blind people in a zone is empowered by the “Third Eye” aswell.
    _
  • The “grip” ability is actually energetic claws growing instantly to help her grip on anything (walls, ceiling, enemy, allies)
    The jump is empowered by the Leopard.
    _
  • Maybe I forgot to say that when you grip an enemy and you jump in a direction, you push them is the other way, even is the air or against a wall to do more damage ^^ might work on ceiling aswell ! XD ! Actually could work on allies too ?
    To make them safe in an instant ^^ or boost them in a position
    _
    -It is possible to have an enhanced close weapon like Torbjorn’s hammer actually, when you change weapon, you could have claws growing… doing as much damage as Torb’s hammer !

And that might do it !

I believe the character could be overpowered in that state but it could be fun to see like that, just to test it. XD

I made it super agile because I want it to, there are not a lot of heroes vertically agile or using walls.

Here she can ambush people, throw them, literally, out of position, 1vs1, peel if needed.

Depend of the playstyle of the player of course but I believe she is viable,
I would like to see her live one day =^_^=

Maybe I am goind to put that subject on another part of the forum just to see the reactions ^^

Thank you for reading this, see ya maybe ! =^_^=

Hope you liked it !

PS: one last thing, I use someone for the “Leopard Spirit”, can you guess ?

Just realize my character have similarities with the MC in “Indivisible” launch yesterday !!!
Third Eye
Indian girl
Can transform
Spirits

I did not copy it !!! \T-T/
Don’t bully me !!! \T-T/
“O-O”

XD !

Part 10

About her adoptive father, he learned Kalaripayattu in his young age and then after that he engage in the army and became a Sikh soldier.

After a period of time, he saw a lot of things that displeased him so he quit the army and decide to be a Kalaripayattu teacher in a small village, to help the young generation, trying to make good decisions in life.

Time goes by and children were found or abandoned like stray dogs, even some orphans of war.
A church nearby decide to help these children and the Teacher (Shadya’s adoptive father) propose to help the church with the children, like this he could teach them about Kalaripayattu.

One morning, the Teacher heard a baby crying like some others morning because he was living close to the Church and the children were found at the Church doors.
However this time, the Teacher found this very specific, particular baby in front of his door.
He opened it, look at the baby and wherever he could, without moving.
He was going to take the baby and give her to the church when suddenly, he felt something… different from what he was used to theses years.
He gazed at the surroundings, looking for something odd… but the only living thing was this tiny baby and him.
She stopped crying, she was looking at him… but much more than that, deeper, with more than her eyes alone, like something bigger was looking at him.
He took her, no more hesitation, she was heavier than she looks, not physically more like something in her soul.

He already felt someone like that but he was an old bold priest in Nepal, but it was ages ago.
nerver mind, it won’t help to find the answer now, however, he decide to take care of her personally.
He was going to step back inside his home when he got stunned from something he looked at.
His entire door was full of scratches… not the smalls ones coming times to times by opening and closings it, even if it was an old door.
There were 4 big scratches, claws shaped, very deep, on his door… they were not on it yesterday and he did not hear a thing in the night or the morning.

Animals were so rare these days, it is more stunning than usuals things like a broken barricade by a bull or else.
For thoses marks, it need to be a feline, one of those sneaky predator and a big one on top of that.
No record of these kind of things since a long time ago, he will seek some informations about it in the next days but until then, he will take care of this girl, whoever or whatever she might be.

Maybe a divine message ? he tend to not be a believer, even though he is living with the Church nearby.

lets see later…

6 years later…

Nobody can win against Mother Nature, She just need to be extra angry before releasing her power full force on you, … if She find time… even if Time is not really the same thing for Her as for people.

Or if She find help… in some way… By something asking for someone help… But it is too soon for that now…

One need to grow and the other need to find patience… and the good words…

6 more years later…

She know… by a long time actually, She is unique, like a lot of people but She have more than a lot of people, something you can learn after a whole life of dedication, about life, death, peoples, nature, value of things, time…

She is learning so fast, at a whole new level.

He made the good choice, even thought he is not the more patient one, she may be the one to bring the Balance back

But she can not handle him yet, she need more time… but They know it… She know it.

6 year after that…

She ask for it, they are one now

Let’s see what could happen

the Balance might be saved because of them

Kalaripayattu? You mean the art of Kalari?

Clear up her origin location please? Because Kalari is an art form from Kerala and you mentioned her being from the valleys.

Yes it is from Kerala but is now teached and learned everywhere even is smalls villages.

I can’t really say where precisely she is living actually, however it is her adoptive father who teach her Kalaripayattu so he could be from Kerala ^^