Suddenly lagging

ive been playing this game with over 60 fps and no network issues for almost 2 years but now it is all of the sudden lagging and is borderline unplayable pls help

2 Likes

Lagging as in low FPS drops?

These standard tips can help resolve most Overwatch FPS drops:

Also here are advanced tips I have written in Overwatch’s Tech Support forum that maximize your FPS performance in the game.

That’s such an obvious non-reply… update driver, reinstall driver… NO! It’s Overwatch. After Brigitte update game started to stutter now and then. Basically skipping frames for no reason. This retribution update made it even worse. Didn’t have these types of problems before. You can all be like OVERHEATING ISSUES, but no I cleaned up fan in my laptop and now PC works even cooler than before any update.
I hear so many times how Overwatch is such optimized game, optimized for low end systems, but in reality it has more performance issues than any game I have played in a long time. Besides performance there sometimes are weird disconnects for no reason etc.

1 Like

I agree, this issue was not a problem originally but once Brigs was released I saw the issue come up. The game is now unplayable on my laptop but it’s fine on my tower (desktop).

I am curious to ask though, I’ve asked a portion of other users but it would seem a lot of laptop users are having similar issues. Even with all updates being installed/updated, with sufficient space, and filling out the recommendations for the game. A large part of the community are having issues! It’s been so unplayable, those set users refuse to play now till it’s addressed.

P.S.
I almost forgot to note, there are some users who have almost all the same specs as a desktop but a mobile version for the GPU and the mobile GPU are lagging by a high margin. Originally receiving at least 120fps or 60fps drastically dropped to 40 or lower.

I also have this problem. I just brought my new laptop (gaming spec) but FPS i got is lower than my 4-years old laptop. FPS keep swinging from 70 to 0 all the time. I check everything of my laptop and it’s fine. what the heck.