Suddenly getting crazy stuttering and fps drops in Overwatch

So basically I’ve been getting crazy stuttering and fps drops ever since a couple days back, it balances out to being playable after trying to play for around 30 minutes. Before this started I could easily run like 200+ fps with medium or high graphics settings, now everything is the lowest it can be and it barely runs 120 fps and constantly freezes for like a second and fps keeps dropping to under 20 when basically anything happens (e.g. I or someone else near me shoots or uses any ability for that matter) which makes the game pretty much unplayable. Any suggestions on what to do about this?

3 Likes

I think its from new drivers from Nvidia just happened to me too. Created a bug report thread and hopefully it is an easy fix that they can do in the next day or so.

same for, after driver update

Can you check your GPU and CPU usage with rivatuner(msi afterburner)?

It was a bug with the driver install. Doing a clean installation fixes it.

Not for me sadly :
Have you tried for long time in a standard match?

I’ve been experiencing this as well. Ever since the most recent update, the stuttering and FPS problems are terrible for the first 10-15 minutes of play, and then they fix themselves, and the game runs perfectly fine. Going to try a fresh reinstallation now though.

look here then: