Sudden consistent fps drops

Hey, Dr3aMy! The GPU usage is a display issue in the newer Windows 10 builds. We have a thread about this here that we’re currently tracking.

For the FPS drop issue, there’s been reports of cpu usage spikes on the Nvidia driver 430.39, which is the current drivers on the system. A hotfix was released for 430.53 to address this issue. Could you try updating this version and see if the fps stabilize in-game?

Hi there! Ive been having the same issue, and the download link does not work for me, whenever i press “Click here” the download button, i get an error that the site may be down. Is there any other way of gathering this update?

Hey, Hope! Could you try the Windows 10 DCH Driver? It looks like the standard one is the one that gives the site error. Unfortunately, this is the only official source with the driver that we’re aware of. If you’d prefer or require the standard drivers for the 430.53 fix, I’d recommend to contact Nvidia in regards to the issue.

They seem to have updated the site with a new link, the new link works now. I’ll see if this does anything about my issue. Thanks for help

1 Like

hotfix did nothing for me. still struggling =_=

1 Like

Unfortunately, that did not fix my problem.
I just updated overwatch, and now i have 50 fps and screen is stuttering all the time.
I checked other games and my fps is at 250.

1 Like

That’s exactly what happened with me as well. I sit in the menu and select screen with 300 fps, as soon as I engage any game or even training within Overwatch I get bottlenecked between 12 and 33 fps. I am going to try the patch to see if it will do anything for me.

1 Like

That did not work, and if anything it’s making my fan go into overdrive.

1 Like

i also made a post about this and hope they figure it out soon </3 i wanted to spend my day off playing a little overwatch with friends but instead i complained to my isp, cleaned out my pc, reinstalled overwatch, updated drivers, reinstalled drivers, tested my gpu and made adjustments to my pc temperature, lowered all my graphics down to the ground, and so far everything i have tried has resulted in absolutely no change in the fps during gameplay, blizzard please fix this.

a guy posted that uninstalling razer synapse fixed it for him, i just tried and my ow is back to normal!

im gonna try this and report back to you <3 hope it works

I’ve tried to revert to 3 older drivers and the 2 new ones, and have tried everything that NVidia has asked me to do and no change. I sit in menus and other screens running 300 maxed FPS, I go into training mode, as soon as I engage a character it drops between 7 and 33 FPS and never comes back until I go back to main menu. I ran a few more games last night with no problems that I could tell. I just uninstalled Razer Synapse as I have a Blackwidow Keyboard, Elite Mouse, and Kraken headphones, and the game is back to normal. There is a disconnect between Overwatch, Razer, and Nvidia I think. I had to do this as well for a driver a year ago until it was patched. Hope this helps some other people until there is an actual fix. Thanks for the help everyone!

Computer Information
ASUS G20CB
BIOS 2101
Intel® Core™ i7-6700 @ 3.40GHz
8 CPU
16 GB RAM
GeForce GTX 1070
Windows 10 64 Bit
1920 x 1080, 144Hz ASUS VS247

2 Likes

The hotfix did absolutely nothing

I tried this and it worked.

Thank you so much!

the razer synapse issue actually helped! tysm!!!

Deleting razer synapse actually worked. Went from having 170 max fps on practice range to 220. 50fps increase, still waiting for a full fix tho

What version of synapse did you have? I just uninstalled the 3.0 Beta version and it seemed to have worked.

Nothing works for me. Game is still unplayable. My fps drops by 30-40 fps as soon as I go near someone.

I have no issues with other games. It’s just Overwatch.

Hey all,

Keep in mind that these FPS drops may have a large number of different causes. For those who have razer synapse/chroma software, please check this thread. Otherwise, create your own thread.