❤ Stylosa & Jeff Kaplan Interview of New Hero Baptiste! - VIDEO

Recapping notes:

• Reasons for the hero are story-related, his appearance (Haitian hero), but most importantly as a gameplay component!
  • Notes Baptiste is not going to be a meta-defining hero but could be meta-reinforcing
  • It will take other key balances changes to take the meta out of three-three.
  • Tomorrow in a separate video will have more of the interview discussing Competitive and new features for the game. UPDATE: Forum thread for this video (click here)
  • Discusses hero abilities (FYI, hero is now live on the Public Test Region)
  • Baptiste is dependent on heroes to group to be effective as a healer.
33 Likes

I will add in notes as I watch out this video.

8 Likes

Why does Apex legends channel interviews Jeff?

20 Likes

“just play mystery heroes 4head”

7 Likes

Yeah he will be part of GOATS.

1 Like

Whyd it have to be with Stylosa… On behalf i Britain i officially apologize to you all

29 Likes

Because Stylosa is Stylosa and he is pretty cool guy really.

20 Likes

Click bait titles. Insults anyone below masters even though he admitted to being boosted. and says ladies and gentlemen more times in one video than i have ever heard in my entire 19 years on this earth spent in England.

Its Jedward all over again xD.

jedward 2 electric boogaloo

27 Likes

Maybe. But I prefer him over any other YouTuber really.

14 Likes

This interview is painful to watch. Jeff thinks that invincibility field wont be good in 3-3 because it can be shot… If you miss matrix on enemy grav, just use it on the bot, + you can CC enemies away from the grav and buy more time for other support ults.

i know the big thing everyone is going to focus on is the AOE healing and GOATS…

but you have to consider a few things:

• hes gotta take someone else spot…and you lose whatever benefit that person provided (discord orb/health orb/trance if you replace zen)
  • his other abilities could potentially make a dps character more valuable then a tank…like reaper plus amp field and invulnerability sounds REALLY scary to me
  • how good are all these abilities? if youre better off bringing another character then you wont see him
1 Like

True, but it will mesh well with very aggressive goats teams.

1 Like

Jeff should stop dressing like a 19 year old college student who never grooms.

6 Likes

Because he has done an overall fantastic job hyping Overwatch from beginning to current day (even in its dry spells), and is probably the most faithful fan representative of the game out of all youtubers, streamers, etc… He well deserves this interview in my opinion.

8 Likes

Baptiste will definitely be changing a goats healer. I bet it’s brig.

I am 35 years old and I dress like a 19-year old college student who never grooms.

New photo by Craig “WyomingMyst” Simpson

21 Likes

Damn that’s sucky taste lol

2 Likes

LOL

If this is what is sounds like…I’m seriously starting to wonder if they’re actually trying to kill the game.

Also really, would it kill them to actually make a Dev update instead of constantly going through third parties?

1 Like

Yay, two people I really dislike talking it out on some video-stream… I’m sure there will be absolutely no fallout or drama on the forums as a result… Sighs

2 Likes

He is not in a situation where he has to dress the way others want him to. I like his taste in clothes. I’m glad he doesn’t dress like a guy of a billion dollar company. So you can at least imagine him playing computer games himself.

8 Likes