Stuttering/Choppy gameplay

Hi!

I’ve been having some issues lately with Overwatch. I’ve been getting audio and visual stuttering that almost appears to be lag/poor frame rate issues. However, the ping and FPS are both fine, no different from usual. Low ping, and high, steady framerates. I usually run on medium settings but I tried low settings and it still didn’t fix the issue.

These are my specs:

Graphics: GTX 1050
Processor: Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz
RAM: 8gb
Operating system: Windows 10

I’ve tried clearing and reinstalling all of my drivers, but the problem still persists. I ran a DxDiag, the results are here on pastebin dot com slash 8BVrVxGh (I can’t create links, sorry).

Can anyone work out what the issue could be? I’ve never had this problem with the game before, and all the little audio/visual stuttering and characters jumping around the screen has made the game unplayable.

Not positive on this, but I don’t think there is official support for Steam machines. That said, you have several driver issues happening that might be causing what you described.

Problem signature:
P1: AUDIODG.EXE

Problem signature:
P1: Corsair.Service.exe

Problem signature:
P1: Razer Synapse Service.exe

I would try reinstalling these drivers to see if performance improves.

I’m not sure what you mean by Steam machine, this is a home-built computer, and it’s running Windows 10, not SteamOS.

Like I said, I’ve tried reinstalling drivers. That did not work.

AUDIODG is not a driver. It’s part of Windows 10. It was causing a second, unrelated issue with audio enhancements, disabling audio enhancements fixed the problem, but it’s in no way related to the Overwatch issue.

Corsair service and Razer Synapse Service are just bloatware that came with my keyboard and headphones and uninstalling all Razer and Corsair programs does not fix the problem.

Usually when I see these fields without values:

System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name

And then

Driver Name: SteamStreamingSpeakers.sys

it’s a steam machine running Windows. My mistake :slight_smile:

Generally crashes of AudioG.exe are caused by malfunctioning audio drivers. There have been many cases of this reported crash and its related drivers causing issues with Overwatch.

As for the “bloatware that came with [your] keyboard and headphones,” those are often the culprit of issues with Overwatch. Razer Chroma drivers have been such an issue that they have been included in the Known Issues Thread written by the staff. The removal process often requires manual interaction before installing Synapse 3, as some Synapse SDK files are missed by the automatic uninstaller.

My other recommendation would be to free up some space on your hard drive, as total free space on an SSD can impact overall computer performance. Other players or staff may have more tips for you.