Stupid suspension system

so half way through a match my internet started going to crap, I rejoined and played a few mins then re disconnected, this happened a few times but when we finally got through the match It shows that i have an 8 hour suspension, thanks blizzard real smart system, add up the leaves from a single fkin match

2 Likes

It’s telling you to sort out your internet so you don’t ruin games for others.

2 Likes

yea i know thats what its for but its stupid to add up dc’s from one match its telling me to not try to reconnect to the match i dropped from

cause if i just shut off overwatch instead of trying to help id not be banned for 8 hours

They don’t do that. If you have an 8 hour suspension then you definitely have been suspended at least once or twice before.

If they added it up from the match where, from your own description, you disconnected at least 4-5 times, then you would’ve been at a 24 hour suspension or more. 8 hours is the third suspension, it goes 15 minutes then an hour ten 8 hours, not hard to imagine the possibility of your internet screwing up at least twice more recently.

If your internet is that unstable then it’s time to stop playing comp until it’s fixed. The suspensions escalate with frequency so if you leave 3 games but over the course of 200 the strikes will be removed if you play a bunch of games without leaving, but if you regularly get disconnected? Then the suspensions will absolutely and should start to build up.

It’s 15 minutes for a single “fkin” match, not 8 hours. You are a perpetual leaver, and are being punished appropriately. Stop leaving games or get out of comp (you don’t have much say in it as the next is either 24 hours or season long).

It’s actually quite lenient on the penalties, as they go down a tier after something like 10 or 20 games without leaving. Being at the 3rd or 4th tier, you’ve likely left 3 or 4 times in your last 20 games or so.

1 Like

The ones I know for sure is it goes 15 minutes then one hour then 8 hours so it’s the third tier right now. Next would be 24 then a week then the season.

I think it’s around 20-25 games to get a strike removed.

i went from no suspension to 8 hours so I don’t know what your talking about, id had one suspension before a season ago and now its 8 hours

And I should believe you why?

I’ve had games where I’ve dc’d twice or more and only come out of it with the first level suspension. It doesn’t track how many times you leave one game, just how many games you leave. If your suspension was 8 hours, then this was not your first leave or dc in recent games.

alright keep white knighting bud

lol keep whining bud. I couldn’t care less what you think of the game but if you’re getting that level of suspension then you’re perpetually leaving games and it’s built up to that point. Like it or not it’s the reality.

it’s 10-15 games.

If you leave a game just accept it and move on, that’s my best advice.

"Ranked Leaver Penalty Adjustment" (UPDATED #2) - #14 by Eyevou-1808 BTW

1 Like